A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 02:42 pm
16:42 Toronto

just back from the East York Canada Day party - rides, hot dogs, politicians, local musicians, babies, dogs, kids with painted faces, the garden club selling nice plants - a lot of fun

thank goodness the temperatures are nice right now - about 23 celsius - gorgeous blue skies with tiny puffy white clouds
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 04:10 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
8:02, Friday 2nd of July, 2010, Melbourne Oz:

A have a tradesman arriving very soon (to service my ducted heater) & I must get dressed very quickly! Don't wanna greet him in my pajamas!

Quote:
How much CASH we talk about ?

Surprised

A philosopher!

But you are such a tough negotiator, Pepijn!

OK, you have the choice of a LOT of $$$$, as I said.

Or 5 years supply of raisins, to assist you in your culinary adventures.

I know it's a tough decision for you ...

But I await your decision with breathless anticipation!

Wink Very Happy
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 04:15 pm
@msolga,
I'll take the raisins, if U toss in a kangaroo or two...
Nice meeting U !
I could not let the opportunity pass to butt in.
msolga

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 04:19 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Ah the raisins!

Wise choice, Pepijn Sweep! You won't regret this.

But now (to get those raisins) you must post a brief report on your personal Amsterdam doings.

(I know it's a nuisance, but those are the conditions ... )

Oh & you get 10 years supply if you can drag another philosopher in here! Razz
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 04:22 pm
6:17PM EDST New York City, Manhattan, Washington Heights

Sunset is making the city burn gold....

Before I forget--- Happy Canada Day!

Cleaning the apartment in preparation for the coming Fourth of July guests.

Cheers,
Joe(oh, Canada, I wish our USA anthem had your lyrics)Nation
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 04:38 pm
@msolga,
8:37 am, Friday 2nd July, Melbourne:

OMG! The tradesman has to squeeze himself up through this tiny, tiny little manhole (personhole?) in my ceiling to get to the heating unit. (Tiny little Victorian terrace house, with the original manhole.) I think he might be bigger than the hole!
This is nerve-wracking.
I can't watch! Shocked

Oh & happy Canada Day to all you lovely Canadians! (Thanks for reminding me, Joe.)

0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 04:38 pm
@Reyn,
Reyn wrote:

Sorry, I'm behind the times, Eva. Were you in a car accident?

No, just had a shoulder surgery I've been putting off for some time. With a little luck and 11 more physical therapy sessions, they say I'll be able to move my left shoulder much more easily. Just an age thing, y'know....
Reyn

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 04:46 pm
@Eva,
Gosh, sorry to hear. I hope you recover okay. Age is a bugger, eh?
dlowan

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 05:06 pm
@Reyn,
Trying to persuade myself to get ready for work. It appeared to be a bad idea yesterday to do that.

1. My pay usually goes into my account on Wednesday evening. It didn't. Still not there Thursday morning. Thursday my mortgage comes out, and a heap of other stuff, all of which I will be fined for if the withdrawals are refused. I leave late for work because I am attempting to sort out this mess. Am unable to.

2. Attempt to rush to work in car (had wanted to walk.) There is a bulldozer parked across the car park exit. With excruciating slowness, driver finishes task he is engaged in, walks to dozer, slooooooooooooooooooooowly moves it. Now there are only orange traffic cones (we call 'em witches hats) blocking my way...frankly I am prepared to just take 'em out with the car, but I have to wait as dozer driver gets down and moves them. Aaaarrrrgggghh!

3. As I hurtle down road dividing river from Adelaide University, I come across a duck on its way to the University. Using the pedestrian crossing, may I say! I stop and wait for duck. Duck sees car and freezes. Duck turns back. Duck stops...duck continues in original direction...duck stops when drivers behind me (who cannot see duck) toot and carry on. I toot duck very lightly...duck moves on to university.

4. As I am crossing 6 lane highway from office to where we see clients, I stop on median strip....huge truck carrying crane veers off road and onto median strip and hurtles towards me...I wonder if there are any cars there if i jump back...am about to decide I'd rather be hit by a car than a huge truck, just as truck pulls itself back onto road.

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 05:13 pm
@dlowan,
So, Dlowan. Did anything interesting happen to you today?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 05:18 pm
@dlowan,
Quaaaaak!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 05:23 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

So, Dlowan. Did anything interesting happen to you today?

I haven't dared leave the house today yet.

dlowan (refugee from effusive exclamations, may your hearing always be hard and your willy soft)
dyslexia

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 05:40 pm
@dlowan,
I arose early this morning and did nothing, I continued doing nothing all day and now as we approach evening I continue doing nothing. It is currently 5:37 p.m. 85 F, 25% humidity. Sally dog is in the yard with a bone. There are lots of peaches on the tree nearly ripe, the tomatoes are small and quite green yet.
djjd62

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 05:42 pm
@dyslexia,
i'm going to have a few ripe tomatoes next week (small yellow cluster tomato), but no peaches Sad
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 05:47 pm
@djjd62,
The groundhogs and deer will have tomatoes, peppers and a variety of herbs from my garden. I have to go to Kroger.
My guns are loaded, though, in the event they try to break into my house.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 05:50 pm
@realjohnboy,
lots of green tomatoes, a couple just starting to pale.

squashes setting on, and the okra is already rolling.

several small black diamond watermelons on the vine.

rjb, don't leave your keys in your truck...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 05:58 pm
9:55 am, Friday 2nd July, Melbourne:

Bliss.
Ducted heating restored. (Though he said I could have used it prior to this (way overdue) service anyway. Oh well.. )

And he was so quick! (Once he get himself through the midget manhole.)

So on with my day. Out & about soon.

Good morning, all. I forgot to say that earlier
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 06:03 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I arose early this morning and did nothing, I continued doing nothing all day and now as we approach evening I continue doing nothing. It is currently 5:37 p.m. 85 F, 25% humidity. Sally dog is in the yard with a bone. There are lots of peaches on the tree nearly ripe, the tomatoes are small and quite green yet.

Don't, fer crissake, overdo it!

dlowan (ecstatic excludee, may the gnome of grumpiness scatter his gnomic utterances over your undies)
ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 06:03 pm
@djjd62,
5:50 pm (17:50), Mountain Daylight Time, in sunny Albuquerque, New Mexico.

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-usa12.php

I just hauled the trash cart out to the street. New people moving in to the house across the street where the last tenants parked on the front yard "garden". This is a good thing, I hope.

Watered my just transplanted Catnip (Nepeta cataria) - it's now in a pot sitting in the entry area by my front door on a metal "ice cream table" type chair, which I got from a friend at her yard sale a long time ago, hauling it all over creation in the passing years. Prior to this, the catnip in small pot had been sitting on a plastic box lid resting an open drawer in the kitchen, where I've kept it stressfully alive for a month or two, lazy bum that I am. This is reminiscent of a conversation on a2k this week, re catnip and catmint. My catmint is in the ground and holding on during the beating rays of the sun, sun, sun.

I've three peaches sitting on my stove top, waiting for me to make some ice cream tomorrow.

Ok, ok, now it's 6:03 pm.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 06:04 pm
@realjohnboy,
You have groundhogs? How cute.............

I've never had ground animals. Have a friend with what appear to be thousands of gophers, up near Bakersfield. Poor guy has to put every plant in some wire contraption, and even then, the gophers often win.
0 Replies