A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

Reyn

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 02:40 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
Fingers crossed for you, Reyn. Smile

1:40 pm, June 24:

Thanks, Olga! The waiting-to-see-if-you-got-the-job thing is the hardest.

Hoping to hear one way or another next week.
sozobe

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 02:52 pm
4:50 PM in Columbus.

Going a little crazy this week. We were out of town for a bit so this is our first real stretch of summer vacation, and it's a mess of tentative plans and running into people while out and making plans right then and people calling at the last minute and people coming over and it feels like I never know what's happening from one moment to the next, and it's already Thursday (Thursday is already almost over!) and there's a lot to do yet this week. Which means, I have to skedaddle off A2K already. Seeya...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 08:28 pm
9:26 p.m. in hot and muggy Tulsa. Still 90 degrees.

Didn't get out of the house today. Trying to see how long I could go without pain meds. Made it 'til 3 p.m., then crashed. Not quite there yet. Don't know why I bothered...physical therapy starts on Tuesday, and I'll probably need more then anyway.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 09:05 pm
@Eva,
I have usually found the pains meds side-effects to be worse than the pain their cure.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 09:38 pm
That can and has happened to me, too! Fortunately, the percocet they prescribed has been effective so far (although I've taken it for dental work in years past and it never did a thing.) The only side effects I've noted this time are an upset stomach if I don't take it with a meal, and drowsiness...which I welcome, frankly!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 01:00 am
3 am Friday, June 25th
100 degrees yesterday and then, around evening rush hour, a vicious storm. Some 25,000 customers lost power. Mine came on a few minutes ago after 10 hours. A number of injuries reported from trees crashing into cars.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 01:12 am
5:15 pm, Friday, 25th June,. Melbourne:

Home, sweet home. At last, at last! (Whatta day!!! Shocked )
The 2nd school term is officially over! Very Happy
dadpad

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 01:20 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

5:15 pm, Friday, 25th June,. Melbourne:
Home, sweet home. At last, at last! (Whatta day!!! Shocked )

different work place, same result. TGIF
msolga

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 01:25 am
@dadpad,
Excellent, dp!
Glad you made it home in one bit, too! Very Happy

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 02:57 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Excellent, dp!
Glad you made it home in one bit, too! Very Happy

Yep...TGIF all right.

Just got home...so tired I surrendered and got take away noodles.

Glass of wine next.
msolga

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 03:24 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
Yep...TGIF all right.

Just got home...so tired I surrendered and got take away noodles.

Glass of wine next.

Looks like it was a Black Friday for all, (in Oz) today!

I'm about the veg out & watch pure, unadulterated, mindless garbage on the teev. Haven't done that for ages. Sounds wonderful to me! Very Happy

7:23 pm, Friday 25th June, Melbourne:
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 11:56 am
There was no damage at my house from yesterday's storm, but in other parts of Charlottesville there was really bad damage. Several people were hospitalized, one in critical condition, after their cars were hit by falling trees. At least ten houses had trees fall on them. I drove to my shop early this morning and back home a short time ago. Hundreds upon hundreds of trees and big limbs down.
40,000 customers lost power and the number now is something like 22,000. In addition to local utility crews I see trucks from northern Virginia.
Traffic is a mess with many back roads being impassable. Traffic lights on Rt 29, the main N-S artery are out. Major intersections are not allowing left hand turns but it still takes 4 officers to safely direct traffic. I see police from numerous neighboring jurisdictions.
My shop has power and we were able to clear the parking lot of debris. But Main Street is closed for more than a block in either direction due to a power pole that is leaning precariously. Customers can not easily get to us. Parking beyond the closed section has always been in short supply; now it is almost impossible to find a space.
One of my employees and his lady will probably take me up on an offer that they move into the shop from their apartment without a/c, and now without power to even use fans.
The storm did not include a tornado. Rather it was a microburst. That is a sudden downward movement of cool air that violently collides with the ground creating destructive winds that cut a swath perhaps a mile wide by, in this case, ten or so miles long.

2PM ET Friday. 90 degrees F.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 08:42 pm
7:38 pm, June 30:

Well, I just realized I haven't posted here for a while, so it's time!

So far, the job that I recently had an interview for hasn't materialized into anything yet. Not too happy about that, but we'll give it a couple more days.

The spring-summer weather here has been good - not too hot, which is what I like. I'm still expecting hotter temps soon. It's usually works that way.

Olga, how's things with you?
msolga

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 08:57 pm
@Reyn,
12:58, Thursday 1st July ! (Yes July already! Surprised )

... & I'm just about to go offline, Reyn. Gotta knock off a few more jobs from my LIST. Some holiday. Neutral

Aw, I'm sorry about the job not materializing (yet). But you never know. My fingers are still crossed for you.

Me, I'm not bad. Feeling a bit frustrated with myself. I wish I'd achieved much more than I have so far this holiday. (Though I have knocked off quite a few of the "must do" chores.)

Thinking to myself: I wonder what the philosophers do with their day? I would love to know! (Because that's the sort of person I am! Wink )
OK, I will offer a cash prize to the first philosopher who posts here. (It will be quite substantial!) If this doesn't work, I'll admit defeat.

Cheers, all.
Reyn

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 09:08 pm
@msolga,
8:07 pm:

I hate household chores, but done they must get.

I did some touch-up painting the other day, but still have a bit more to do. Have put it slightly on the back burner. Wink

It's Canada Day (July 1st) here tomorrow. Not watching the local parade here this year.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 10:13 pm
11:12 p.m. in Tulsa ---

Started physical therapy on my shoulder yesterday. I think they took it pretty easy on me, but I was definitely feeling it today. Going back on Friday.
Reyn

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 01:00 pm
@Eva,
Sorry, I'm behind the times, Eva. Were you in a car accident?
George

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 01:07 pm
15:06 Eastern
Updating an Acceptance Test Procedure.
The fun never stops.
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 01:10 pm
@msolga,
How much CASH we talk about ?
Laughing Drunk Amsterdam 9 oçlock
sozobe

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 02:13 pm
4:12 PM EST. Just got home from the mall. Spent an hour and a half at Justice. That was about 89 minutes too many. Bleh. (And I LIKE clothes shopping!!! Just not there.)
0 Replies