A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

Eva

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:34 pm
Thanks to everyone. Hubby is in hover mode...which I am very thankful for at the moment. SonofEva is out of town all week, so I'm getting lots of rest. Pain meds working well but they keep me sleepy/fuzzy. Went for 3 hrs. w/out arm in a sling today! Thinking about attempting first solo shower in the a.m. We shall see.

Surgeon gave me a DVD of my surgery with comments throughout. Extremely interesting.
msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:41 pm
@Eva,
Very good to hear from you, Eva.
Take good care & keep healing.
Are you certain this is a good time to watch that DVD? Wink
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 08:00 am
@Eva,
6:58am, Tuesday, June 15th

Sorry to read of troubles you had, Eva. It's always something, isn't it?

Vivienne and my oldest daughter were involved in a car accident in her car about 3 weeks ago. She was sitting at a traffic light, waiting for the light to change, and her car was hit from behind.

Mostly just sore necks. Both getting physio for that.

Gotta run, breakfast....

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 10:01 am
straight up noon here in my section of the great white north, having some lunch and cutting the grass later
dagmaraka

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 12:16 pm
@djjd62,
8:14 pm Central European Time.

I did all I could possibly do to avoid getting to work on finishing a project, two actually, including *gasp* cooking dinner.
Now I face hours of compiling and translating court cases on acquisition and loss of citizenship. yay, go me.
George

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 12:30 pm
@dagmaraka,
Such fun!

14:28 Eastern
Crunching a granola bar.
Pemerson

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 12:49 pm
@George,
It's 1:45 pm here in Texas Hill Country and I'm checking out the movie page to see if we can escape from the heat to a cooool theater later. NO good movies but I noticed under "Dance" and under that "New Dance" the Black Arts Movement Festival will host a show case of modern dance featuring Dallas Black Dance Theatre, Brooklyn's Creative Dance Outlet Theater and Austin's Ballet Afrique at 8:00 pm tonight, in the Carver Museum, in Austin.

Sounds intriguing as I love any kind of dance. We're continually missing the Alvin Averley Dancers and now, of course, tickets are over $100. This sounds even better and it's only $15.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 01:08 pm
@George,
9:06pm: nothing changed....though I did find an old Algerian song that was haunting me online. That took an hour since it took spelling out the garbled Arabic I remembered.... Now...work....maybe.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 02:35 pm
1:35 pm in earth shaking San Diego
Just got back from "tarjeee" and bought last minute stuff to add to the suitcase.
I completely seem to have forgotten my vow to travel light this year..... I hope
the scale at the check-in isn't working. Cool
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 02:39 pm
1:37pm, Tuesday, June 15th, British Columbia:

Been sitting at the computer for a while, and waves of tiredness has just overtaken me. Think I'll go have a short nap.

Been searching for jobs, but nothing much going today. Sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 02:57 pm
6: 56, Wednesday 16th June, Melbourne:

Good morning, all. Welcome to Wednesday.

Slowly, ever so slowly waking up here, after being rudely awoken by my alarm clock at 6 a am. Whaaaaaa?
Another cup of tea might do the trick. But maybe not ...
Reading the online news. Secret state government meetings, threats of industrial action, angry letters to the editor. But it's OK, it's here, not where you are. Don't concern yourselves. Smile I think I'll finish reading all this later in the day after work. It's a bit much right now.

How are you today, Eva?

Dag, you're back home again? That was a quick trip!

Good to see you back again, Reyn. You are indeed a man of your word! Wink

OK. Gotta get moving. Time is getting away from me.

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 03:29 pm
@msolga,
5:20 pm ET in Virginia (USA). A secretary at UVA called today. She said that "Chloe" would be calling from Aus at some point to reserve supplies she will be needing for her summer art class as she begins her studies here.
A 14 hour time variance from Sydney, I mused out loud.
Ain't A2K informative?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 05:03 pm
@msolga,
8.30 am Wednesday...making coffee.

Cos I'm staying home!!

Latest sinus crap + what seems to be a viral conjunctivitis (I say that because it developed while I was taking the antibiotics for the goddam sinus/bronchitis) combined with several cancellations for today that came in yesterday means that (apart from a phone conference that I can do at home) I am taking a sick day.

I intend to spend it sleeping, pretty much.
djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 05:07 pm
@dlowan,
hope you feel better soon deb

7:07 pm tuesday, just finished watering the gardens, listening to some podcasts and checking the web
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 08:42 pm
@msolga,
7:36pm, Tuesday...

msolga wrote:

6: 56, Wednesday 16th June,

Tell me, Olga, is Wednesday looking any better than Tuesday? It always throws me when I think about you folks being a day ahead of us.

dlowan wrote:
... viral conjunctivitis ...

What exactly is this?

I've been dealing with some sinus issues myself, for some time. My ear, nose, and throat doc has me with some anti-inflammatory spray that I have to use every night for a couple of months on my nose.

I'd been having issues with my glasses bugging me sitting on my nose. The docs figure inflammation of the sinus lining. Hope so, because it's a nuisance.

Hope you get better!
dyslexia

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 09:22 pm
9:20 p.m. tues evening 73F, son of Diane stuck in airport in Atlanta Ga (thunderstorms) very pleasant evening (not hot) Lady Diane reading mail (bills)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2010 09:43 pm
@Reyn,
Conjunctivitis caused by a virus, not bacteria.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 01:04 am
5: 04pm, Wednesday 16th June, Melbourne:

Home again & it's really cold here.
Looks like there's quite a storm brewing. Wind/storm warnings on my car radio on my way home.
Rather a nice day at work. The children were friendly, communicative & obliging today. Staff are looking even tireder than the last time I was there. Last week of term, next week. That could explain a lot.
Looks like it's been a quiet day here at A2K, too. So I won't rave on & talk to myself at length.
Hope you're feeling a wee bit better (at least) after your day off, Deb.
Yes, today was an improvement on yesterday, Reyn. Maybe tomorrow will be even better? Very Happy

Reyn

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 12:24 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Looks like it's been a quiet day here at A2K, too. So I won't rave on & talk to myself at length.

[...]

Yes, today was an improvement on yesterday, Reyn. Maybe tomorrow will be even better? Very Happy

11:22am, Wednesday, June 16th:

The site was down for me, earlier, so perhaps for others, too?

Doing my usual daily job search today. Things have been slow.

We've had an unusual spring here in this part of British Columbia. Quite coolish and damp. I'm sure things will heat up soon though.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 12:27 pm
14:26 Eastern
I have a gazillion pens in my cube.
Why is it I either have a gazillion pens or none?
0 Replies