A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 03:08 am

11:10h Best suit on, orders cleaned and put on, shoes are polished as well as the nails: ready to watch the Trooping of the Colours on tv Wink
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 06:16 am
Its 7:15 on saturday morning, June 12.

I am hiding in the house while my wife and some of her friends have a big yard sale in our front yard.
I am hoping it doesnt rain, because if it does I have to carry all their stuff into the garage.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 06:55 am
@mysteryman,
coming up to 9 a.m. on a rainy Saturday morning in Toronto

*listening to Holmes on Homes on the t.v.
*did a little kitchen tidying earlier today after I came in from a yard wander with the dogs
*playing games on FB
*considering what I should be doing today
Dutchy

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 07:42 am
@ehBeth,
11pm on a cold Saturday night in Adelaide.

Just finished watching the football game between South Korea and Greece in South Africa. The Asian team beat the European team 2 - o which would be regarded as an upset on the Continent, not for me though as I've seen the
Koreans play here several times and are very good. Next game is Argentina v Nigeria but I'm off to bed. Smile
hamburgboy

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 09:50 am
@Dutchy,
ignored the 7 am alarm - grrrrr !
running late and slooooow - but did have a good b'fast .
must get down to the danish deli to stock up - they are closed on sundays .

DRIZZLE and kind of dark even though it's almost noon .
also COOL - wearing a sweater in mid-june - crazy .
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 09:56 am
8:55 am in cloudy San Diego
We've been watching the FIFA cup - Argentina vs. Nigeria (1:0) and we're
waiting for the next game USA vs. England.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:58 am
10:43 a.m. sat 73 F breezy this morning. need to pull some weeds today. son of Diane expected back from his camping/back-packing trip into the Gila Mtns.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 11:10 am
1:07 PM EDT

Raining . . . the last two summers here were very wet. Hope this one does not make three in a row.

Won tickets to an all Beethoven program tonight. Took my liquor shift off, thanks to a wonderful co-worker. Nice to have a Saturday off and something to look forward to.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 01:33 pm
3:30 pm ET:
Hot and humid in Virginia all day. 93 degrees F. But now a thunderstorm is roaring through. Hard rain.
Too bad. UVA is hosting one of the regional finals in mens' college baseball. They were supposed to play Oklahoma (I think) at 3 pm. UVA hoping to get back to the college world series in Omaha again this year.
It will be rained out, no doubt.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 06:30 pm
@Eva,
Glad to hear that surgery went well and that your post surgery troubles have been resolved. Keep checking in to let us know of your progress as much as the one-fingered typing and sore shoulder permits.

I presume you have Mr. Eva and SonofEva at home to watch over you...

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 06:50 pm
@Eva,
Oh, Eva, I missed your back from surgery post. Omigosh, that must have been scary. Take good care of yourself.

((((((((hugs!!!)))))))
ossobuco

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 07:28 pm
@ossobuco,
7:25 pm in New Mexico, 82 degrees F; I just finished watering. Windy today, it was. I played catch the grocery cart in the store's parking lot.

Pizza's in the oven. (Mozzarella, 1 cut up artichoke heart, some sliced up kalamata olives, some v. thin genoa salami, dribbles of basil-tomato sauce.)
dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 07:57 pm
@ossobuco,
11.25 am Sunday. Having first coffee. Have put on first load of washing, and emptied all waste bins and tidied a bit.

Having another sinus thing, so have to have goddam antibiotic in a moment.

12 C here...that's um...54 F I think.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 09:03 pm
Lots of good thoughts for Eva - recover fast and let them pamper you all the way dear.

8:05 pm in cool San Diego
Didn't realize that it's this late already, just came from the groceries and
my daughter went babysitting in the neighborhood. It's been hectic all day
long so I am looking forward to a quiet evening.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 07:43 pm
11:40 am, Tuesday 15th June, Melbourne, Oz:

Good morning. Almost lunchtime & I've gotta get moving soon.
I am very pleased to have gotten heaps of work done around my place over the last couple of days. I've cleared out huge amounts of unwanted stuff for the Brotherhood (thrift shop) collection, pruned many a wildly overgrown bush, cleaned my house, cooked .. you name it, I did it! Perhaps I have finally changed my ways? Procrastination no more! Very Happy

We'll see, we'll see ...

Good luck with your recovery, Eva. Please post & tell us how you're faring when you can.

And Walter, where are you now? Home (in Germany) again? I hope your wife is feeling much better.

One thing I'm confused about. Are all you philosophy folk in the UK? I'm trying to work out your location/s from your posting habits. You seem to post at all hours of the day.

I wish a few of you, at least, would post here so I can get my bearings! Wink

Reyn

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:45 pm
@msolga,
7:42pm, Monday, June 14th; British Columbia:

Hi Olga! Been having fun on A2K for the last while. I've been somewhat invisible here for many months off and on, just reading, and only occassionally posting.

That's going to be changing (as I mentioned in another thread) and I will be posting every day (should I have something to say).

It's time to get my brain in gear and come up with some ideas for thread topics.

I love the new folks that have arrived recently. It's really enlivened the forum.

Nice to see you around, and I love this thread, and promise to post regularily!
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:49 pm
@Reyn,
22:46 Eastern Standard Time:
Listening to the All Songs' Considered Best Opening Track episode.

It'll be wonderful to read more of you here each and everyday Reyn. Very Happy
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 08:54 pm
@tsarstepan,
Yes, Reyn, welcome back to A2K and to this thread that Msolga thought would never gain any traction. She was wrong.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:01 pm
8:56 p.m. 75 F, son of Diane home from camping in Gila Mtns, son is going home to florida tomorrow, Lady will be sad. very nice weather today in the mid 80's F. Finding the Philo crowd interesting but a bit on the formal side. Attempting to lower my sarcasm level (not having much luck) nice to see rain again. seeing lots of ass-kissing among the a2k crowd.
msolga

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2010 09:13 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
seeing lots of ass-kissing among the a2k crowd.

Smile

And what's wrong with that, might I ask, dys?

It is not everyday one's arse is kissed. In fact it is quite an unusual thing to occur. I'm rather enjoying the experience! Very Happy Wink

But not to worry, things will return to normal soon. We'll be at each others' throats in no time! Razz

(kidding, kidding!)
0 Replies