A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

dlowan

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 05:45 pm
@fbaezer,
fbaezer wrote:

Oh yes, way too many Americans. And lots and lots of them had (usually too big) tatoos. I think George has loads of work translating Latin for tatoos the coming years.

6:15 p.m
At work, procastinating.

9.00 am. Wednesday. Late for work. Procrastinating.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 06:21 pm
10:20 am, Wednesday 9th June, Melbourne:

Coldest day of this year (so far) coming up today. The weather bureau says a top of 13 C, windy & rainy. (Don't laugh, you northern hemispherers - this is seriously cold here! Brrrrr! Smile )

Just received an email notice from my library. The audio book I put in a request for purchase for (Due Preparations for the Plague) is now available for collection! Very Happy The last time I put it on reserve (when the library announced they'd just purchased it) it vanished before even reached the shelves! Surprised ) So I put in a purchase request for another one. And here it is! I love my local librarians. They're wonderfully helpful.

Seriously considering (after library visit) a day in bed, reading. I haven't done anything like that for ages. I think I can talk my cat into it. Now I just have to convince myself that such decadence is OK.

dyslexia

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 06:29 pm
6:25 p.m. 93 F, 9% humility, Lady Diane asleep in her chair, son of Diane camping in the Gila Mountains probably having rattlesnake (tastes like chicken) for dinner. I need to water the garden (it's been 12 hours since it was watered) Sally dog asleep on my feet, Dante cat asleep on Diane's lap. House cooler has been running since 6 a.m. and it's pretty comfy.
Pemerson

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 06:36 pm
@msolga,
It's 7:37 here in TX and we're gonna have a big rain tonight (3 1/2")

Aw, go ahead Msolga, treat yourself to a day of rest
Tomorrow you can fight the battle of the angst.

Got my new crowns installed (that's what it felt like) at the dentist today -- that's $2300. Yikes! There goes the new carpeting, the new mattress, etc. etc. Oh, well, we couldn't make a decision as to which we wanted anyway. Now, he wants $200 x-rays, and convinced me I didn't want to just pull another, close to front (smile). He said people look like that where he's from (Louisiana), not here.

Lost my little bird, we named her Little Red, this morning. Oh, Gawd, these things are upsetting.
msolga

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 06:38 pm
@dyslexia,
Lovely, restful picture of humans & their critter companions, dys. Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2010 06:41 pm
@Pemerson,
Quote:
Lost my little bird, we named her Little Red, this morning.

Oh.
I'm so sorry to hear that, Pemerson. Sad

10: 41 am, Melbourne.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 06:56 am
10:55 pm, Wednesday 9th June, Melbourne:

Just checked & have discovered that A2K is up & running again.
Had a bit of trouble logging in. (my username wasn't accepted. Had to use my email address instead.)
Not long out of bed on this chilly night. It's been snowing in parts of the state. The skiers will be pleased.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 07:03 am
7 a.m. and 63 F here on wed morning, sally dog has been out, back in, fed and now taking her morning nap. Dante cat has not yet stirred. I need to water the garden before the heat begins. I had cream in my coffee this morning.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 07:56 am
Its 8:55 in the morning on Wednesday morning, and I am sitting here listening to the thunder and watching the lightning.
My dogs are wrestling around in the living room, and my grandson Conner is asleep in his bed.

Except for the storm outside, its gonna be a good day.

0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 08:06 am
10:00 am EDT

Just finished my coffee. As I am out of milk, I put a little of the Jameson-vanilla ice cream in it. The day is cool which makes me happy as I have trouble dealing with temperatures higher than 65. My 17 year old cat is cuddling on my lap, a sure sign the house is cool.

I am going to continue to work on the yard today, pulling waist high weeds that took over because it rained so much last year and, with only the liquor store job, my income was stullifyingly low. Will correct papers then watch Sir Larry's Hamlet . . . hoping I can stand it. A little of him goes a long way.

School ends on the 30th and my last paycheck will be July 7. Yikes! That means 10 weeks with just the liquor store to support me. Minimum wage is very minimum.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 04:27 pm
18:25 Eastern
Picked up some jug wine for cooking purposes on the way home.
(They didn't have Navajo Nights.)
Nigel's excited -- he's got a job offer.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 04:40 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
Had a bit of trouble logging in. (my username wasn't accepted. Had to use my email address instead.)

phew! I thought that was just me. I couldn't log-in with my username last night. Created a new account - posted using it once. Logged out - sent a note requesting link for new password - re-set password to the password I was using - then it wouldn't work today - logged in with my new account - read your post here - logged back out - logged in with my email address.
msolga

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 05:35 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes, it took me a while to figure it out, too, Beth.
I just received this reply from the moderating team in response to my contact to them (before I figured it out):

Quote:
It's a part of Robert bringing the Philosophy forum in. I expect it'll continue at least for today.

Sincerely,

The Support Team

Thank you,moderator. Smile

So if another a2ker has contacted any of any of you, saying they can't log in .........

It's 9:35 am, Thursday 10th of June, Melbourne:

Woke up about 3/4 of a hour ago.
So happy to have time off & be able to sleep in!I think I have a severe case of the Winter Tireds here.
Now Poppy is demanding (I mean really demanding!) attention. Chirruping & almost purring (she never learned to purr properly) as she has her neck scritched.
Me, I'm drinking tea, slowly, very slowly walking up.

Good morning everyone.

Good morning, new Philosophy folk.
Why don't you post here, too? Love to hear from you.
Just don't go asking any tricky philosophical questions till I've properly woken up, OK? Smile Wink
msolga

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 05:51 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
..slowly, very slowly walking up

Waking up is what I meant to say.
Still not quite there, obviously! Wink

But a bit of walking is not such a bad idea, now that I've put the idea into my own head! I've noticed there's a bit of sunshine out there. The rain has eased off a bit. Very Happy

9:51 am, Melbourne.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 07:49 pm
11:47 am, Friday 11th June, Melbourne Oz:

It's usually a bad A2K omen to have 3 posts in a row on any thread, with no response. It could mean one is talking to one's self & everyone else has deserted ship. Which may well be the case! Smile

I'm sitting here on a freezing cold morning, catching up on A2k threads & contemplating my day. Lots of philosophers posting, I see. I'm wondering if I can persuade any to post here? That would be good! Smile
Having a friend over for dinner tonight & I'm figuring out what to cook. Considering traveling to the country over this coming long weekend. Still a maybe at this stage.
Mainly concerned about staying warm today. Frozen fingers on my keyboard.

dyslexia

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 07:53 pm
@msolga,
7:53 p.m. thur, 77 F. just watered the garden.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 08:20 pm
10 pm. A warm and humid day in Cville.
I have been watching the awkward merger of A2 with the Philosophy site. Folks on the latter lament the loss of their familiar place and regard the A2Ker's as being perhaps too quick with quips and a bit shallow. I don't know about that. I just flew in from the West Coast and, wow, are my arms tired.
A2Ker's are a little suspicious of oblique references to dead philosophers mentioned long ago in a college class just before we dozed off.

I did issue an invite to them to join us in Fbaezer's A2K World Cup game.

There was this written by someone named Fido Phil:
"Whenever two people enter a room there is a while when neither knows who is going to assert control; dominance, if you prefer. If we were all dogs we would spend some time growling, and jumping around smelling each others' butts and peeing on stuff."
I like him already.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 01:12 pm
Time... does anyone really know what time it is? Watch time pass (or not pass) before our lives as Chicago asks the musical question over the past few decades:

Chicago Transit Authority. Texas International Pop Festival 1969. (Recorded Saturday, Aug. 30)

Budokan concert in 1972

Dortmund 1982 concert.

From 2002

0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 11:25 pm
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 03:08 am
@Eva,
Hoping the best, Eva. You're in our thoughts!
0 Replies