A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 07:33 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Your welcome.

I've been here 2.5 years and it's been pretty special. We've been extremely fortunate and have dodged a few risky tropical storms whereas just north of us Tampa (2012 Repug convention) got flooded. South from here about an 1 hr drive down in Punta Gorda got flattened about 7 or 8 yrs ago. Luck of the draw, perhaps. We seem to be in a protective bubble in Sarasota.

West Palm Beach is a fun place and warm with a great (but crowded) beach. By no means is it free of damaging hurricanes and tropical storms. The risk is pretty high there.

BTW, it's a sunny 55 deg here at 8:20 am and it'll go up to 72 deg by 2-3pm today...almost at our norm.

I wish for you a happy resettling.
Thanks.
That suggests the wisdom of renting, not buying,
significant real estate there.
Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 07:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Rent, yes. Though the costs are in line with Manhattan. Some of the highest in US.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 08:12 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Hope your burns are superficial Sir David. And that the fire wasn't too catastrophying with your livelihood and residence.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 08:13 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Walt Disney seems to be doing alright in Florida, and I don't think there's many places in America that aren't at risk of some serious storm or another.

If most of your stuff has gone up in smoke you're probably best off near friends, but just concentrate on getting better now.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 08:54 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Walt Disney seems to be doing alright in Florida,
and I don't think there's many places in America that aren't at risk of some serious storm or another.

If most of your stuff has gone up in smoke you're probably best off near friends,
but just concentrate on getting better now.
OK

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 08:59 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Hope your burns are superficial Sir David.
And that the fire wasn't too catastrophying with your livelihood and residence.
Thank u, Royal Sir.

My livelihood is behind me,
in that I retired a few years ago.
farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 09:09 am
@OmSigDAVID,
sorry to hear about your burns. Theyll heal quickly if you are in relatively good health.
You need to get guns reblued or chromed? PErhaps you should look at selling and buying new ones. Anything really special?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 10:35 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

sorry to hear about your burns. Theyll heal quickly if you are in relatively good health.
You need to get guns reblued or chromed? PErhaps you should look at selling and buying new ones. Anything really special?

Thank u.
Well, there is an original 9mm German Luger P-'08 from 1940,
with matching serial numbers on all stamped parts.

David
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 03:29 am
It’s 4:28 am, I’m having a cup of coffee then heading to the gym. I gained five lbs since Thanksgiving, I'm almost wall to wall ass.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 08:49 am
@jcboy,
7:46 a.m. Mountain Time: I'm having coffee after adhering to Katy's breakfast routine (feed me! feed me!)
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 09:32 am
@jcboy,
Cripes in 1 week or 10 days, you'll be svelt once again. Hide the mirrors in the meanwhile. Anyone who goes into a gym that early in the morning has fat cells that are trembling in fear.

10:30 am ET: I just finshed the last cup of coffee here. Time for my cold ceral and a banana. then shop for some healthful groceries.

I've spent 1 hr counseling a friend (#1) and friend #2 had to respond to phone call.

Rainy, 63 deg and a litte but messy but not complaining. I'm sure it'll clear up in a few hours. Yesterday was ideal and sunny and walked on Siesta KeyBeach with a friend.
farmerman

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 01:30 pm
@Ragman,
2:30 and Im plotting my fever with time. Its interesting how a fever goes up and down several times.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 01:54 pm
@farmerman,
9:52 a.m. Hawaii time. I'm sipping a coffee at Starbuck's and taking advantage of their free wi-fi for my laptop.
Dutchy

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 02:17 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
6.45am. Tuesday, South Australian time. About to sit down outside and have my breakfast, another glorious day coming up.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 07:49 pm
12.50pm, Tuesday.

Sitting at my desk having a salad on what was supposed to be one of the hottest days on record!

It can't be too hot - the aircon in this hole hasn't failed, as it did last time we had a real stinker.

According to my phone, the temperature outside is a mere 36C. (That's just under 100F for those metrically challenged). It was supposed to be around 43F now, and large parts of the state are in catastrophic bushfire risk - a case of when, rather than if.

I think the cloud cover must be keeping the temperature down a tad!
dlowan

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 02:39 am
@margo,
Fingers crossed for you guys.
margo

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 07:30 pm
@dlowan,
We survived - but there are fires everywhere outside Sydney.

As usual, the aircon failed about 1pm (must have read my post), so it got bloody unpleasant here in the afternoon.

Then went to club trivia, where the aircon was sooo cold I had to go out to the car and find a jacket. It was still stinking hot outside at 9.30pm, but we were frozen. I stood in the car park for 10 minutes or so to thaw out!

12.30pm today- waiting for my lunch to be delivered. Only 22C outside today. Weather's weird, I tell you!

dlowan

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 11:20 pm
@margo,
It is. Over cooling like that is environmentally sinful!

Hope today is better.

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 05:22 am
It’s 6:20 AM on a Saturday morning, having a cup of coffee. It’s going to be nice and warm today. Told Antonio I’d take him to the park today, he wants to play softball.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 08:07 am
@jcboy,
9:08 a.m.

eating a bbq pork bun from the Chinese bakery

getting ready to go and meet the rest of the Egyptian folklore dance troupe -we've scheduled an extra rehearsal for ourselves

packed my bag with a couple of costumes as I'm going to posing class afterward

really

I'm going to try to learn to pose

I'm not going to end up looking like Nada, but I am (hopefully) going to look more like a dancer and less like someone who just walked past the camera

http://www.discoverbellydance.com/images/photos6/Nada-Pose-Jan-13s.jpg

oops
just previewed that - realized I better dig out some makeup to take along
0 Replies