A2K time zones: What's the time where you are & what are you up to?

Rockhead

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2012 09:03 pm
@msolga,
I just had visitors that came expressly to see the sundown over the giant milo field...

I live in a starkly beautiful spot.

I'm just starting to be able to enjoy it.

my friend came out to look at the two empty properties north of me.

she would love to get outta the raucous city and under the quiet stars that inhabit my corner of the world...

someone tried to force a window on her place this morning.

we don't get that out here.

good way to be shot...

you, however, are welcome to some chicken soup.
msolga

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2012 09:07 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
I live in a starkly beautiful spot.

I'm just starting to be able to enjoy it.

"starkly beautiful".
I like that.
I'm getting a sense of the place from reading your posts, Rocky.

I'm glad you are starting to enjoy being there.
jcboy

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 03:00 am
@msolga,
It's 4;59 am, I slept in this morning, going to be at the gym by 5:30 then off to work.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 12:37 pm
4.30am, Wednesday in Sin City.

Still can't sleep. Went to sleep sitting up at club trivia last night. Not much help to my team.

We changed our flights on Monday and the confirmation email still hasn't arrived. I can see the booking on the Qantas site, but the FF points are still sitting there.

Last day at work today. Tomorrow will be another panic day, and fly out on Friday.
msolga

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 05:26 pm
@margo,
Bon voyage for Friday, margo, you lucky thing!

9: 25 am, Wednesday 3rd October, Melbourne:

Absolutely brilliant, gorgeous day here! What a morning! Smile
Ventured out into the back garden, in my pajamas, to check the progress of my plants & now have dirt under my fingernails & between my toes.
Everything (especially the tomato plants) looks great!
Gotta clean myself up soon before meeting some friends for brunch & a nursery. (I wonder if it's too early for tarragon & basil seedlings?)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 05:28 pm
@margo,
Tuned in on you, Margo.
margo

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 01:17 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Tuned in on you, Margo.

Thanks. Tickets finally arrived. Apparently some confusion between British Airways and Qantas. We're now flying BA rather than Qantas. For Australians, I want to give Alan Joyce a kick right where it hurts.

5.15pm. Wednesday. Finished work - I'm now on holidays - halleluia!
Loafing about and then off to pub trivia - to see if I can stay awake - unlike last night.
msolga

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 01:37 am
@margo,
Where are you off to, margo?
dlowan

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 03:12 am
@margo,
Yay....enjoy! Details!
dlowan

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 03:22 am
@dlowan,
6.45 pm...sitting out on front verandah with a scotch and soda, enjoying the dusk.

Internet connected, dishwasher installed, lovely cleaner came and helped me with last bloody boxes....still more putting away required but the beast is in its death throes....bed (in bloody flat packs) has arrived because I was extremely assertive with the retailer and insisted they deliver it, at their expense, by courier truck because they had stuffed me around so much and nearly cost me two rec leave days. Still missing my steam cleaner but filing cabinet delivered at last.

Weather glorious today. Will soon have first opportunity to get stuck into garden.

Woollies fluting and chirping and squeaking at door because they want to be with me.

Birds choiping sleepily.

Back to work tomorrow....but coming weekend should have house indecent state. Of course, the positioning of the art work and the choosing of the dining and outdoor furniture commences, as does the death of the horrid and decaying verticals.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 06:20 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Where are you off to, margo?

dlowan wrote:

Yay....enjoy! Details!

Fly to Glasgow via Heathrow and a 7 hour transit, to visit some friends.
From Glasgow to Prague; to Vienna; Florence; Venice for a week; Rome; then home via bloody Heathrow again. 12 hours this time - enough time to get out and about briefly.
msolga

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 06:36 am
@margo,
Sounds good to me!
Enjoy, enjoy! Smile
margo

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 12:14 pm
@msolga,
Thanks. Still can't sleep, though!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 02:52 pm
@margo,
Venice for a week <sucks in breath in crazed envy> and Roma!
It is your duty, should you choose to accept it, to have some gelato for me. And then some more. (Can't remember if you've been to Rome - me, I think Giolitti on via Uffizi del Vicario (it's near the Parliament building) is well worth ferreting out.
The pastries called sfogliatelle are almost as wonderful as the gelato. Sigh.

As for the lines mentioned in reviews, they go very fast. Zoom. However, it's smart to sneak a look at the gelati/sorbetti while the other person holds a place in line - so that you can make up your mind. Uh, you can get three flavors in a cup. Sigh again.

http://www.funtouristattractions.com/a/giolitti-rome-italy/1526

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 11:02 pm
@ossobuco,
I had my "fill" of gelato almost every day while in Italy. They offer so many different flavors, it's impossible to go through them all - even during a 16-day tour of that wonderful, beautiful country.
Eva

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 07:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
Pictures?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 10:52 am
@cicerone imposter,
Margo may be traipsing around Rome near November - when the weather may not be a blanket of heat. That never deterred me, I was eating gelato in early cold and windy March, my first time there.

Not that Rome's my only interest. Margo, come back and tell us about treats in other places you visit too.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2012 02:44 am
@ossobuco,
I was woken up at 7am by men delivering a new washing machine and tumble drier. It's now 9.43 am. I can't plumb the machine in util I remove some restraining bolts, and my spanners are too big. I'm waiting until 10 when the local B&Q opens and I can get one.
jcboy

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2012 05:12 am
@izzythepush,
It’s 7:10 am. I’ve been up since 2 am, I’m beginning to think I have some type of sleep disorder. I never have a problem falling asleep it’s staying asleep that’s the problem. I told that to my Doctor once and he wrote me a prescription for Ambien. I took it and same thing happens, I fall asleep for 4 or 5 hours and I was up again so I just stopped taking it.
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2012 09:13 am
@jcboy,
Hypercondriac! Razz
0 Replies