Is your little girl in a Dance Recital?

Linkat

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 11:45 am
@aidan,
Yes - there are some returns to these old items - there was a jump roping phase at my daughters' school - even the boys participated, there was a I forget what it is called - you put this plastic circle thing around your ankle and a rope is attached with a big plastic bell at the end - you swing it around and jump over it and keep swinging with your ankle. I remember having that as well.

So these things do come back and the kids play with them at recess.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 11:54 am
My seven year old danced this weekend. Very nice recital, all very age appropriate. She loved it and wanted to know why we didn't bring her flowers like the other families did. Sigh.
sozobe

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 12:12 pm
@engineer,
Ha, I didn't know about the flower thing either! Oops. Luckily her teacher handed out roses, which was sweet.

The girls do all kinds of old-fashioned stuff here too, jump-roping, chinese jump rope, cat's cradle, handclap games (what are they called? not pattycake, but "say say oh playmate" and the like), plus more gross motor stuff like tag, soccer, yadda yadda.
Linkat

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 12:40 pm
@sozobe,
Yes - those clapping games - Miss Mary Mac or we called it Old Lady Mac (even names change to be more politically correct).
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 12:49 pm
Holy ****. If my husband saw his little girl up there like that, he'd rip her off the stage and cover her ass.

That is just repulsive.

Do these parents have any idea of what they are saying to their kids? Yeah, it wasn't meant to be viewed by millions of people but it was meant to be viewed by people. This isn't their little girl and her friend in their basement dancing around to this song.

If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it?
I got gloss on my lips,a man on my hips

Uh, what do these parents think that means? I am simply disgusted.

There are lots of other things these wonderful talented dancers could have done that would have been just as, if not better than this ****.
Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 12:53 pm
@chai2,
And they don't have to be. But parents should not put those kids (specifically those kids) in positions like this where adults who know better, can take advantage. Gross. It's not these girls fault. It's the adults.

This was in response to your being sexually aware.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 01:04 pm
@Bella Dea,
My husband as well - reminds me of this weekend, my daughter picking out a bathing suit - she is 11 and just starting to develop - she wanted a two piece. I told her she could get a tankni then - one that covers a bit more. She tried on one and it did look really cute on her - but the damn bottoms were so low.

She gave me one of those teenager looks of defiance and I just said sorry there is no way daddy will allow that one. She did settle on a one piece (so at least she has something), but I was willing to continue to look with her for something a bit more modest.
Bella Dea

Reply Mon 24 May, 2010 01:07 pm
@Linkat,
He doesn't even want her to wear nail polish yet. I don't care; it's not like she's going out in stilettos and red lipstick.

But he wants her (and I want her) to be a kid as long as she can.
0 Replies