Movie trailers that make you feel all gushy inside....

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2017 07:59 am
@oralloy,
If you are familiar in anyway with The Room (2003), one of the most infamously monstrously gawd awful films ever made in any moving image medium than this behind the scenes adaptation will fill you with so much glee:

In fact, my next Audible book will be the nonfiction book which this movie is based.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2017 10:41 am
@tsarstepan,
This indie comedy will likely be a limited release in the theaters. I plan on catching it when it comes out.
chai2

Reply Wed 23 Aug, 2017 02:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
This seems like a light hearted take on the book House of Leaves.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 07:41 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

This seems like a light hearted take on the book House of Leaves.

Huh. I'll try later on to read it again. I have a paperback copy but find it a tad difficult to read given it's extremely footnote laden and I'm compelled to read the footnotes but end up losing momentum from the actual story.
chai2

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 09:50 am
@tsarstepan,
Ha! That's the whole point of the story! Everything in it is devised to be a labyrinth.

The footnotes can go on for pages, leave you clues to the story (or be a dead end). They interact with each other, referring back and forth to each other usually in a subtle/occult way. I remember one footnote that referenced another, which lead to another, and so forth. If you don't see it through, you miss an important meaning.

In other words, you mustn't think you can read this as any sort of straight forward story.

The author is a crazy genius
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 09:41 pm
@oralloy,
Blade Runner 2049

Production budget for the movie is said to be "well north of $150 million, and possibly up to $185 million":
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/blade-runner-2049-tracking-40m-us-debut-1039017

The movie is being mastered from a 4K digital intermediate, so it is worthwhile finding a Premium Large Format theater that shows it in 4K:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101/technical

Note though that typically only the 2D version of a 4K movie gets released in 4K. 3D versions are almost always released in 2K. The only exception is Laser IMAX. But IMAX is only going to show Blade Runner 2049 in 2D in the US. So if you want to see it in 4K and 3D, you'll need to find your way to a Laser IMAX theater outside the US. Otherwise you'll have to choose between 3D and 4K.

If you are going for 4K, make sure of course that you see it in a theater with a 4K projector. You're not going to squeeze any 4K movies out of a 2K projector even if you see a 2D presentation.
oralloy

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 09:20 pm
@oralloy,
Bridging the gap between 2019 and 2049

Blade Runner 2022: Black Out
http://www.crunchyroll.com/blade-runner-black-out-2022/blade-runner-black-out-2022-blade-runner-black-out-2022-748417

Video can be viewed on the webpage at DVD resolution (480p) hassle-free. High definition requires signing up for a two week free trial of a pay Anime service.

For what it's worth, my Google Chrome browser refuses to display the page. It just endlessly reloads over and over. It loads OK for me on Firefox however. So if anyone else can't view the page on Chrome, try a different browser.

Despite the possible hassle, I recommend going to the webpage and watching the 2022 video before viewing the 2036 and 2048 videos below.

Blade Runner 2036: Nexus Dawn

Blade Runner 2048: Nowhere to Run
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2017 12:32 pm
@oralloy,
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2017 01:16 am
@oralloy,
They finally released 2022: Black Out on YouTube instead of making people jump through hoops to see it.

By the way, I have to choose one of the following three options when I see Blade Runner 2049, and I'm open to suggestions:

a) a 2D presentation in a Premium Large Format theater with a 74 foot wide screen, a custom sound system by the same guys who build arena sound systems for Metallica, and (I presume) a 4K projector.

I can only assume though that a theater like this would use a 4K projector. I can't know for sure because every time I politely ask, they ignore me. And suddenly I started getting really nasty phishing emails in my spam filter right after they were provided my email address.

b) a 2D presentation on a LIEmax screen. LIEmax of course only uses 2K projectors. However, the dual IMAX projectors do make for a brighter picture and probably more details in shadows versus a single projector.

c) a 3D presentation at 2K (3D showings are almost always 2K) in a theater with DBOX seats.

The theater chain for options "B" and "C" is very friendly and over the years I've had several very nice email conversations with them regarding their technical capabilities and limitations.
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2017 07:35 am
@oralloy,
This is auspicious. One of the best movie sequels ever made:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/29/blade-runner-2049-review

According to this, the 3D is worthwhile, and it is also worth seeing that 3D on a very big screen:
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1711080/to-3d-or-not-to-3d-buy-the-right-blade-runner-2049-ticket
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1711080/to-3d-or-not-to-3d-buy-the-right-blade-runner-2049-ticket?story_page=2

Maybe I should choose option "D": see it in the big theater that I mentioned in option "A" above, but in 3D.

They have only one showing a day in 3D, probably since 3D showings are only in 2K and that is stretching the pixels a bit for a 74 foot wide screen. But it'll certainly give me 3D on a very big screen.

Going to go see it this afternoon regardless of whether I choose option A, B, C, or D.
oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2017 07:55 am
@oralloy,
On the other hand this review gives the 3D a thumbs down (but confirms that the movie is great overall):
http://www.3dor2d.com/reviews/blade-runner-2049
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 12:05 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
The guy who just directed Arrival is now directing Blade Runner 2049.

After that he is going to do Dune.

Suddenly I feel that Dune is going to turn out really well.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 07:14 am

Trailer was released 23 hours ago and already has more than 40 million views.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 07:23 am
@oralloy,
Super excited about this one! Very Happy
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 8 Dec, 2017 07:04 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 12 Jan, 2018 01:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 04:44 pm
If you like being scared out of your mind (I don't), you'll like this movie.

If you dislike being scared out of your mind, maybe don't even watch the trailer.

Anyway, here are some that I will be seeing:

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2018 12:03 pm
@oralloy,
I'm really looking forward to Ready Player One. Then again, I'm a big fan of the book.

Seen the trailer for A Quiet Place several times at the movie theater last year. I'll wait until the reviews are up on that as I'm still undecided on how much I want to see it.

Alita: Battle Angel? The choice to use those super weird anime eyes to depict the protagonist as android? Might just kill the movie in its entirety. Or not.
oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2018 10:08 am

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 9 Mar, 2018 07:31 am
@oralloy,
EXCLUSIVE TEASER: First Look At Spanish 2D Feature ‘Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles’
0 Replies