IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE AN ORGASM OF THE INTELLECT FOR OVER A YEAR?

Reply Thu 6 May, 2010 11:19 pm
Is it possible to have an orgasm of the intellect for more than one continuous year ?

I was musing with Alan Gottlieb of the Second Amendment Foundation in Washington today
about how fast big bad things have ended; e.g. from the landing in Europe
of the forces of freedom on 6/6/1944 until Hilter's suicide on April 30, 1945
with a 9mm Walther PPK, and the surrender of Germany a week later it was only 11 months.

( If Hitler had any class, he 'd have used a nice Luger P-'08. I 'd have let him borrow mine. )

From the fall of the Berlin Wall at the end of 1989 until the USSR went out of business on Christmas Eve of 1991
it was 2 years and I am thrilled with how swiftly gun control is collapsing, following the nazis and the commies down
into ignoble oblivion since the USSC's HELLER decision in June of 2008. Next month, we will hear from the USSC
in the McDONALD v. CHIGAGO case qua applying defensive personal liberty thru out America.

In HELLER, the USSC has already indicated what it will declare in McDONALD:

". . . We start therefore with a strong presumption that the Second Amendment right
is exercised individually and belongs to ALL AMERICANS. . . . " [Note that there are over 300 000 000 Americans,
spread thru out the nation, not all living in D.C.]

". . . Putting all of these textual elements together,
we find that they guarantee the INDIVIDUAL RIGHT
to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation." D.C. v. HELLER
554 US 290; 128 S.Ct. 2783 (2008) [All emphasis has been added by David.]

I said to Alan Gottlieb that when combined with the unenumerated
Constitutional right to travel, the right to defensively keep and bear arms will have widespread
( dare I say UNIVERSAL ? ) effect thru out the nation; i.e., u have the right to defensive guns wherever u are in America,
with no interference from any government, like if u get married, u have that status everywhere in America.

I expect a domino effect of falling gun control laws after the McDONALD decision.

This makes me feel SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!

I called the NRA today and promoted the idea of litigation, after the McDONALD decision, to combine and INTERTWINE
the Constitutional right of travel with the Constitutional rights to defensively keep and bear arms.

There are some federal cases in abeyance ready to follow up,
e.g. SYKES and THE SECOND AMENDMENT FOUNDATION v. COUNTY OF SACRAMENTO
challenging State or local authority to interfere with citizens' carrying defensive guns in the public streets.
I understand that the federal judge in whose court that case reposes
has said that he will grant summary judgment to the pro-freedom side
if the USSC applies the 2nd Amendment against the States in McDONALD next month.

I 'm pretty confident that this will ultimate in guns and ammunition being free of any sales taxation
and of any inheritance taxation, as it is well established that a Constitutional Right is immune from taxation.

This all brings me joy, glee and rapture far surpassing ineffability.

After litigating the unison of the right to travel with the right to defensively bear arms, next will be combining
the right to defensively bear arms with EQUAL PROTECTION OF THE LAWS,
in an effort to annihilate any residue of gun control, if such there be.

Its not freedom for ME, in that I have had plenty of guns for many years and decades.
Its that I wanna live in a FREE COUNTRY with all ( or almost all ) of MY FELLOW CITIZENS
defensively well-armed and bristling with personal guns;
there shoud be a tax credit for those of us who bear arms defensively. Tax rates can be adjusted to abide the credit,
with revenue neutrality.

"The commonwealth is theirs who hold the arms:
the sword and sovereignty
ever walk hand in hand" ARISTOTLE

I believe that the end of gun control will generate and promote a culture of self-reliance
that subordinates collectivism to Individualism and subordinates authoritarianism to libertarianism.

Is it possible to have a libertarian orgasm of the intellect for more than a one continuous year? I gotta know

David
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 817 • Replies: 10

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 12:04 am
David, why am I not surprised you have orgasms involving guns?
laughoutlood

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 12:11 am
Quote:
a Constitutional Right is immune from taxation

Next case.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 12:23 am
@OmSigDAVID,
David, you have a way with words. Sounds kinda messy.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 01:00 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:
David, you have a way with words. Sounds kinda messy.
Thank u, Bill.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 01:14 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
David, why am I not surprised you have orgasms involving guns?
Truly, Jack: I remember lying in bed at nite when I was 3,
musing upon my observations from my eyes having locked onto the revolvers
of police and of bank guards that I had recently seen.

I then entertained reveries of misappropriating not only their guns,
but the entire rig, with the loaded bandolier.

David
laughoutlood

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 03:44 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Living the dream is beautiful.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 06:09 am
'tis the oddest thing, David, I walk the streets of this city of New York everyday and don't feel that I am under any kind of personal attack. Do you? Do you feel as if some of the people around you are on the verge of attacking you? Do you stand at street corners and surreptitiously pat your weapon as you wait for the light to change?

You ought to hang around with more runners. At this time of the year especially, because they are only wearing tee-shirts and shorts, you can tell immediately that they are not armed.
===
As for historical events moving quickly, I don't know, it took five years for the anti-war movement to create enough of a force of intellect for those opposed to it to start murdering students in broad daylight at Kent State and Jackson State. Then it took another five years before the last helicopter took off from Saigon's embassy. So, that wasn't too fast.

Faster, in terms of both time and intellect:
From the time he made his mom proud at the wedding feast of Cana to the time she had to watch her son be tortured and beaten to death by the same kinds of humans who are likely today to want to carry defensive weapons was only three years.

Joe(yet you don't feel safer)Nation
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 07:36 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:
'tis the oddest thing, David, I walk the streets of this city of New York everyday
and don't feel that I am under any kind of personal attack. Do you?
I don 't.

Joe Nation wrote:
Do you feel as if some of the people around you are on the verge of attacking you?
No.

Joe Nation wrote:
Do you stand at street corners and surreptitiously pat your weapon as you wait for the light to change?
That 's kind of a personal question there, Joe.

Joe Nation wrote:
You ought to hang around with more runners.
I can do that, as long as I still take cabs. That is what Nature intended.

Joe Nation wrote:
At this time of the year especially, because they are only wearing tee-shirts and shorts,
you can tell immediately that they are not armed.
===
As for historical events moving quickly,
Big, bad things like nazism n communism.

Joe Nation wrote:
I don't know, it took five years for the anti-war movement to create enough of a force of intellect
for those opposed to it to start murdering students in broad daylight at Kent State and Jackson State.
I have a hunch that was a spur of the moment decision, probably as of when thay began getting hit with rocks.

Joe Nation wrote:
Then it took another five years before the last helicopter took off from Saigon's embassy.
So, that wasn't too fast.
Nixon knew that by giving McGovern what he wanted, he took his only issue. IT WORKED! MASSIVE LANDSLIDE,
at the expense of the freedom of our allies in Vietnam.
I feel sad for them.

Joe Nation wrote:
Faster, in terms of both time and intellect:
From the time he made his mom proud at the wedding feast of Cana to the time she had to watch her son be tortured and beaten to death by the same kinds of humans who are likely today to want to carry defensive weapons was only three years.
????

Joe Nation wrote:
Joe(yet you don't feel safer)Nation
I feel OK.

David
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 7 May, 2010 04:11 pm
Just don't forget to clean up afterwards.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 08:11 am
@NickFun,
NickFun wrote:
Just don't forget to clean up afterwards.
We don 't want any messy thoughts lying on the floor.

David
0 Replies