Catch me while you can folks in T.O. before I'm too busy...

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 03:45 pm
ceili
Ceili, ehBeth forgot to give you the password that will make you safe from nosy police officers. The secret password is ehBeth's Bee tattoo. You can go anywhere safely with it.

BBB
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 04:57 pm
:wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 05:57 pm
Wow, cav, do I know how to pick chefs - or what? I'm just too happy to recommend you to anybody interested in great cuisine. Been bragging about our meal to friends since our return home from our Grand Tour of Canada. Congrats on the write up. c.i.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 11:48 pm
Thanks all! Husker, nice of you to post my site, but there was a reason I left it out of the review, 'gainst the rules. Wink farmerman, I liked your post better before you edited. Now, here's the thing....if I did take you up on your original suggestion, it would have to be a very trendy, chic downtown resto, and I would call it "Kok - Rauch" with a funny French hat accent over the 'o' and an umlaut over the 'u'. We would serve the average euro-trash fare, but would also start a media buzz about the signature complimetary treats....crispy spiced edible cockroaches. People would be horrified, but intrigued, and with a nice presentation and plenty of wine, it just might take off...

But seriously folks, I once made a joke to another chef about looking into opening a restaurant in Yorkville called 'Quoi?' and the gimmick would be you would never know when we would be open, but the food would be worth it. So, every day, you would have to call to find out whether it was lunch, dinner, both, or closed. He actually didn't know I was kidding, and went into a long serious discussion about how while that might work for a while, it wasn't a good long-term plan. Laughing I don't think he gets out much.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 12:05 am
farmerman, a couple of years ago I contacted Cinnabar Wines to see if I could get a few cases to serve as a house wine but they don't ship internationally. Nice people though, and apparently a good product as well.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 05:53 am
whew-Im off the hook. We were partyin on halloween

i know of a restaurant in chicago . Its a French restaurant owned by this black guy--called the Chez What?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 06:19 am
Yipppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee cav !! Am so happy for you !!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 11:27 am
We've got a C'est What? in Tranna as well. One of my favourite places to have drinks, listen to music and play backgammon.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 03:53 pm
Congratulations on the nice writeup! I'll try those portobellos, please...

There was a place near Toes Beach (lots of undertow/bare feet; aka Dockweiler) in LA called The Chez. Hey, it was LA. A different owner took it over and called it by his name, Chez Shea...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 01:18 pm
I know how it feels to get a nice writeup after having a dismal one. We had one in the local paper once that had 47 misspellings and grammatical errors, plus a misquote that made us look stupid, and then, to top it off, a big picture emphasizing our middleaging double chins. Finally, this year, a great writeup, what a difference.

Cav, I am thrilled for you. Your food sounds wonderful to me, really thoughtful melding or (as the case may be) conversation of flavors. Bravo!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2003 02:24 pm
I hear you osso....last year, I was apparently offering roated salmon with a "beat juice" reduction and "wines summertime." I still haven't that out yet....cav is indeed pleased this year. Thanks all.
0 Replies