MY PARENTS ARE SOMKING SOMETHING BEHIND MY BACK

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 09:23 pm
I thought my parents did not smoke but i keep finding things that made me think diffrent i found pipes but nothing eles i am afraid and tonight i found my parents smoking and my mom keeps covring it up but i dont know if she does it TOO! I am a 13 year old teen and i am fairly smarter than the avrege teen please help this is one thing i dont know what to do

jespah

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 04:31 am
@Smartgirl78,
Well, they are grownups. Which means they can make some pretty dumb ass decisions (and good ones, too) without you knowing about it or having input into it.

I know it may trouble you but it is indeed their lives.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 05:50 am
If this troubles you, you should discuss it with your parents. "Mom i noticed you appear to be smoking is that correct?"
"I worry about how that might affect you."
definitly be open with your parents about how you feel about this activity.
Rents can be quite difficult to manage sometimes. sigh! But keeping communications open is important.Its also important to realise that they probably know and have considered all the pros and cons, so just because they do silly stuff doesnt mean you can too. discuss big decisions that you make about your own life with your parents. its possible they may have some insight that you havnt thought about.

PS. they probably do sx too.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 09:50 am
I've always wondered how parents hid their weed from the kids. Apparently some are not very successful.
Someone suggested that you talk to your parents. I agree. Hopefully they will speak honestly with you about it and can assure you that they, adults, have things under control and also, why it would be so unwise for a young teenager like yourself to do it.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 10:41 am
I'll also chime in to say that what is of most importance is that you don't bottle up these feelings. You should be able to talk to your parents about this. If your parents establish that keeping secrets from each other is okay in the family, it could create distance, and someday you might find yourself keeping secrets from them.

I believe that we all want to have a open and honest relationship with our family (struggle as we may).

T
K
O
0 Replies

Smartgirl78

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 06:22 pm
Thanks guys i will try to confront them and give an update
0 Replies