Things we hate to do . . .

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 02:07 pm
you know, those tasks that you put off and that weigh on you. . . that cause difficulties because they remain undone . . . although the difficulties are not enough to make you do sit down and just get the task over with!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,179 • Replies: 3
No top replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 02:10 pm
I hate repairing clothes. I have two blouses with manufacturing flaws . . . both have an opening across the shoulder where it is apparent. I also have two skirts whose hems are ripped, a legacy from a pair of boots with speed lacings . . . why women's dress boots need speed lacings is another question. . . the skirts were put away when I moved but I couldn't find them. They surfaced when I searched for some quilting fabric in May, 2009, long after I wanted to wear a wool skirt. I put them away again but was too busy before January to mend the hems. Almost a year has gone by and I know I have to stop ignoring them. Will do it during the May break.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 03:56 pm
Filing.

For various reasons I still keep files although I pay bills online. If only birdbrain would get her act together in a timely fashion, these things to file wouldn't pile up. I believe my procrastination is a rebellion from many years of necessary attention to keeping good files on patients or on laboratory results, back in my laboratory/medical office days, and clients' files, design information notebooks, and all plans, back in my landscape architecture days. So I've regressed to some adolescent behavior of mine that I remember - I used to read what I wanted to before doing my homework. For example, I might read Newsweek cover to cover before writing that essay due tomorrow. The essay would get done, in questionably masterful fashion, in the wee hours of the morning.

I don't quite do that now with my paperwork, but I'll clean the kitchen, for example, before facing it.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 07:24 pm
@ossobuco,
I hate filing as well and for several months, my life was a disaster. The result is that although I clearly thought I put some important papers in one drawer in the kitchen, they were not there when I did my taxes and I know there will be a delay and the need to file corrections.

As if taking a manila jacket and putting papers into it were such a big deal! So much better than a drawer in the kitchen.
0 Replies