Procrastination

Ramos

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 09:35 am
I have this problem... Like the title says. It's procrastination. in... mostly everything. Studies, plans, and even stuff that I want to do.

Or maybe I'm just to lazy. But I think that's also procrastination...Right one way you should do is make the subject more fun so that I can start/continue on it. But... what if it's something that your good at or you want to continue to be good at it but you end up being to lazy to do it. Like say... Writing a novel?

I like writing. I really do. But I can't just seem to make myself get up when I need to. When I get an idea. I want to write it. But I always hold it off. And then I end up losing interest. It damn sure pisses me off! I hate that part of me. The only thing that could make me move is if I was paid to do it or if it involves school (Well... sometimes if it involves school I might do it. Hehe) But if it just involves just writing for fun... It just angers me that I can't make myself write it. Hope anyone can solve this ridiculous problem for me...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,312 • Replies: 4
No top replies

raprap

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 05:00 pm
Hmmmmmm! I have to get back to you on that one. OK?
Ramos

Reply Fri 11 May, 2012 11:39 am
@raprap,
I know it's hard. Don't try to stress your brain over it though.
0 Replies

hyperdereky1

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 12:16 am
@Ramos,
so the problem is keeping yourself motivated. i happen to hav the same problem too, i resolve by not thinking too hard. It's like not eating a whole piece of chocolate at once even though you know it's there. just nibble bit by bit and your interest can last you a long time. See, if you have enough time, you can write a lot. Also, my cousin writes stories by having a bunch of her friends write like 1 page a day each so that you can have 5 pages a day x 7 days = 35 pages...Hooray, a novel in a month without working hard at all!

If you don't think you have enough motivation then perhaps you know deep down that you don't really like that stuff.

1 other thing: find someone to look up to: if you follow someone else's footsteps then you know that you can continue on easily and you won't give up. For example, I love to play soccer and if you ask any of my classmates how much I have improved, they'll say a crap load! This is because I look up to the varsity captain and practice hard in the street in front of my house for hours. I never stopped and say that i lost interest or anything. If you have an author that you know that writes novels too, then just see how the person does it and follow their way.

Hope this helps ^^
0 Replies

David Weekley

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2012 08:25 pm
@Ramos,
Hello Community,

One source of procrastination is the planning fallacy, where we underestimate the time required to analyze research. Many students devote weeks to gathering research for a term paper, but are unable to finish writing it because they have left insufficient time for subsequent stages of the assignment. Similarly, students know better than anyone whether or not an assignment or task is feasible. Many students believe in the common method of cramming when studying for an exam or writing up a research paper in one sitting rather than spacing everything out. Despite the stress, lack of sleep, and inefficiency involved, students become trapped into a perpetual mode of procrastination. Student syndrome refers to the phenomenon where a student will only begin to fully apply themselves to a task immediately before a deadline. This negates the usefulness of any buffers built into individual task duration estimates. Study results indicate that many students are aware of procrastination and accordingly set costly binding deadlines long before the date for which the task is due. Furthermore, these self-imposed binding deadlines are correlated with a better performance than without binding deadlines, though performance is best for evenly-spaced external binding deadlines. Finally, students have difficulties optimally setting self-imposed deadlines, with results suggesting a lack of spacing before the date at which tasks are due.

Best Regards,
David Weekley
0 Replies