MoveOn.Org . . .Too Far to the Right

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:19 pm
I volunteered to distribute info on a talk about the recent SC decision giving corporations more 'personhood' than is reasonable at a local Sustainability Fair.

Several people said that MoveOn was too far to the right or too right for their positions.

Based on what they told me, they were correct.

What interested me the most is one cited the 1967-68 riots . . . which a prominent rightie here on a2k blames for what he sees as the failure of this nation . . . as having been a missed opportunity for the left to actually do something positive for this country.

He claimed that there were riots in 14 cities and had there been riots in two more municipalities, Johnson would have had to call troops home from Vietnam, effecting a withdrawal from that nation and beginning a changed in government. He felt rioters could have taken over the WH.

Frankly, I thought his was a fantasy that was totally unworkable and could never have happened. I am sorry that I didn't ask him where he was at the time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,578 • Replies: 1
No top replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 12:19 pm
When you look at the history of MoveOn, it really began as a centrist organization.
0 Replies