In Fond Rememberance...

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:46 pm
@dlowan,
With proper government funding you could probably become really silly.
Ragman

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:58 pm
@Bella Dea,
sniff sniff thanks. I feel dissed.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:10 am
Actually the weasel was a Protestant. I think that was significant to the story. I forget.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:21 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Actually the weasel was a Protestant. I think that was significant to the story.

Might be. But not from the German/European breed. Those don't go in to pubs/bars either but are rather silly:

A weasel
perched on an easel
within a patch of teasel.

But why
and how?

The Moon Cow
whispered her reply
one time:

The sopheest-
icated beest
did it just for the rhyme.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:25 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

With proper government funding you could probably become really silly.

I should apply for a grant?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:48 am
@dlowan,
well to be honest the threads are mostly serious to the political folks, so maybe they're pretty silly actually
Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 06:46 am
@djjd62,
You have a point there. LOL

I know that some of my old friends are still around, and that's nice...I missed you guys while I was away. And some of you still have your old spark which is nice to see in some of the threads. I just don't follow all the threads so maybe I'm missing all the silliness that is intertwined within. Maybe I should "follow" you all....that's a new feature that wasn't around the last time I was here. Dunno.

I guess panzade said it best. Times change. People move on. *sigh* It just stinks because we all used to have so much fun here and now it seems sort of....I don't know, foreign. I miss a lot of old A2Kers.

I'm not good with change.
Mame

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:05 am
@Bella Dea,
I'm missing the silliness and some of the A2Kers, too, and I think we're not the only ones. I think that's partly why some people aren't here much anymore - the vibe isn't the same.

I don't follow anybody, either, nor read most of the threads... I couldn't care less about rainsoft problems, Collosus Bafflers or American politics, all of which seem to predominate sometimes.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:05 am
Quote:
I miss a lot of old A2Kers.

Ok, I'm old now.

I had birthday two weeks ago..
Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:09 am
@Francis,
Older men are sexy.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:15 am
Quote:
9. the priest and the rabbi deny that the weasel is under age

that one.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:15 am
we should all watch debbie does dallas together with a big bowl of popcorn
Francis

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:18 am
@shewolfnm,
Can I proceed without the bowl thingie?
wandeljw

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:18 am
It seems that some A2Kers have "moved on" to Facebook. Eventually, Facebook proves to be very "high maintenance" because you feel pressure to write about yourself every day. I would rather discuss topics, not myself.

Almost every day I check to see if Gus has posted. I have a fondness for that type of humor.
shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:19 am
@Francis,
Sure.
But you are missing out on essential vitamins and nutrients!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:28 am
Wandel wrote:
Facebook proves to be very "high maintenance" because you feel pressure to write about yourself every day.

No pressure here...
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:32 am
She wrote:
But you are missing out on essential vitamins and nutrients!

I've a special physiology that adapts to other kind of nourrishments..
shewolfnm

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:36 am
@Francis,
you can live with out popcorn?

what an anomaly
Francis

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:44 am
@shewolfnm,
You mean that's a no manly?

Yeah, keep believing...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 08:20 am
@wandeljw,
Gus is a genius because he understands minimalist humor. His words were chosen carefully and even then were edited for brevity. I always loved to see a post by Gus followed up by someone who, like me, is all a bag of gas. Then gus had such a neat way of deflating the gas bag.

Tkes real talent.

FACEBOOK is truly narcissistic. I read some folks musings and came away with the feeling that Im glad I dont know them in real life. All our lives are interesting to each of us personally, and besides a small circle of friends , not so much to anyone else. In fact, I find most Facebook and Blogs kind of boring (unless of course the blog is about geology or woodworking or fishing). Then its no longer personal drivel , its a recitation of ideas.

One can keep a sort -of journal right here on A2k by picking a topic and then periodically writing about it. I did it about my boat and have just closed it because its all over now. I got some responses and I did it mostly for me and was glasd that I kept it periodically going for about 5 years.
Neko nomad did the same using someones gardening thread. Johnboys fooball pool was kind of fun to check up on and watch people make excuses or boastings about how shitty (or brilliant) their picks of the week were.

I too hate the trivia and collosus big cash crosswords and all the water softenerquestions (HOW the hell did this place ever get to be water softener central?)

Thats it for now, garden work awaits.