Rezman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:09 pm
Please read the article before clicking the link to see who wrote it, and discuss.

Quote:

link to article
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,912 • Replies: 29
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:18 pm
I have only one question....

"Are we better off now than we were four years ago?"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:19 pm
So are you here to flame or interact?
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:22 pm
edgarblythe wrote:

I posted this to open a discussion on politics. If you don't feel like commenting on the article, nobody is keeping you here.
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:24 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

I know I am. I already had the world's greatest wife - now I have the world's greatest son, too. And I'm making twice as much money and have a huge house that's gone up in value by $45k since last year. Yes. Yes I am.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:32 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

Is that really a fair question?

9/11 changed a lot of things and you can't really ask that question anymore. Obviously we are not. The question you need to ask is "What other administration would you want in office during the recent crisis that has struck America?" My answer: none.

edgarblythe wrote:

It seems he is interacting and YOU are flaming.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:40 pm
Rezman wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

I know I am. I already had the world's greatest wife - now I have the world's greatest son, too. And I'm making twice as much money and have a huge house that's gone up in value by $45k since last year. Yes. Yes I am.

I have to take exception to this as I already have the world's greatest wife and son as well as the world's greatest daughter, dog, and shed.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:41 pm
That's very nice Rez. I am happy for your good fortune.

But, be aware that there are many Americans who have lost jobs. More than ever are struggling without health care.

There are Americans who are being jailed without legal counsel. There are others who can now be spied on by their government.

There are young kids losing their life almost daily fighting in Iraq. There are thousands of American soldiers spending months and months away from their families only to find out that when they come home they not being support by their government (in terms of pay or health care).

There are millions of American's who are very worried about the huge deficit and the debts that someday our children will have to pay off.

Not one of these things were true under Clinton.

I am happy that you are doing well enough to allow such a blissful partisan apathy.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:42 pm
I clicked first, read the opener, and realized we are once again being offered the thoughts of a rightwinger with particularly itchy hemorrhoids. Advise thoughtful contributors to avoid. That said:

Welcome, Rezman!
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:53 pm
So getting back on topic, It is the author's supposition that the various Democrat leaders' stances and statements over the rebuilding of Iraq and our term of occupation are having a negative effect on America's international relations and our ability to dissuade attacks against us.

Do you agree or disagree, and why?

(I'm trying to foster some discussion. If you'd only care to fling your own poop, please find another thread.)
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:03 pm
Tartarin wrote:
I clicked first, read the opener, and realized we are once again being offered the thoughts of a rightwinger with particularly itchy hemorrhoids. Advise thoughtful contributors to avoid. That said:

Welcome, Rezman!

Tartarin

You should replace thoughtful contributors with "partisan leftwing ideologes"----you imply that" thoughtful contributors" are not open to ideas from the opposition. At least you are consistent. You believe participants should reply to your biased rants with thoughtfull discussion but any essay from the right is to be dismissed without discussion. Time to take a look in the mirror but then you haven't yet been "mugged by reality" so I know it's a bit much to ask of you. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:09 pm
Amazing. Still on the first page and this thread is already a
http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/17/17358/folders/102118/750665twctopimage.jpg
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:19 pm
Come on now Rez!!!

The author started his piece by saying

"Rarely has the intellectual rot of liberalism been more evident. "

You expect a non-partisan, serious discussion based on this?

The article you posted is a trainwreck. What did you expect?

Geeesh!
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:25 pm
There have been plenty of threads here started with like statements about conservatives, yet a serious discussion was expected to ensue.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:32 pm
Please link to one of these threads.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:41 pm
It seems wrong to dump a whole load of manure, and then complain that someone is throwing poop.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:42 pm
But it did make me realize something about the rightwing... They don't just want to rule, they want to be loved. Sorry, righties: don't sling the outrage at us and expect us to respond kindly. Why not just get together with a few beers and talk about how awful the opposition is, and let it go at that! Love each other!!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:52 pm
Those of you complaining the loudest had the option not to post anything at all and then the thread would have scrolled down the list to oblivion. Much as we "righties" do with the extreme leftist dogma that gets spouted out.

Rezman, a new user here, has every right to post as he pleases, not as you, or I please. It is then YOUR decision to post or not. Rezman created this thread with the expectation of discussion. Instead, it became a haven for leftist hate-mongering and the usual back and forth amongst the usual cast of characters.

Next time, if you don't have anything to add to a thread, skip it. You don't HAVE to post in every new thread that comes up.
0 Replies

Rezman

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:55 pm
I fail to see why we can't discuss the merits or lack thereof in the article. If I wanted to only discuss things with people who agreed with me, I be at Freep or RWC. So you think the author is dumping a load of manure. Why? Can you discuss the salient points? I never said I wanted a non-partisan discussion, but an actual discussion would be great.

I've been here two days. Please tell me the level of discourse rises above saying "That's a load of crap!"
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 02:10 pm
Tartarin wrote:

Sorry, righties: don't sling the outrage at us and expect us to respond kindly.

Laughing Could we just as easily say: "Sorry, Lefties: don't sling the outrage at us and expect us to respond kindly.

Beside---there's only one lady in the left wing who I want to "love" me and that's Lola Laughing Sorry Lola ------ I love you but you're just flat wrong about your politics

No---there is only one word that applies here and it's a simple word but with so much meaning----"Respect" and without which there can be no meaningful discussion. So far it's a standoff-----unless you can display some respect then you will probably never receive any in return.

The best example I can come up with is right here on the forum-----Timber landco absolutely detests lefties Laughing but even the most outrageous leftyism receives a respectful and courteous reply---I think each of us needs to indulge in a small moment of introspection about this fine example of diplomacy given in an effort to enhance some thoughtful discussion and to discourage mere partisan ideological rants which only bait and provoke.
0 Replies