Mark Morford re William Rivers Pitt

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 11:59 am
Mark Morford is coming to the not-so-slow conclusion that William Rivers Pitt over at truthout.org is one of the finest and most adept political/war columnists/commentators cranking copy today, and is becoming increasingly mandatory to read, and dances over the deep insult that is BushCo with aplomb and deadly accuracy, and if you've never read him, might as well start with the scathingly excellent editorial 'Anybody But Bush':

http://truthout.org/docs_03/102203A.shtml
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 543 • Replies: 4
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 05:02 pm
Sometime over the weekend I'll post here the video link to Will Pitt's talk in Houston last month.

And I just finished his book "The Greatest Sedition is Silence"; outstanding.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 05:32 pm
gimme a break, i have been on DU with pitt for 30 months, setanta seydlitz, and i all write better than pitt. i cant tell you the number of times i have encountered his over the top style on DU and forced him to admit and re-examine his thesis for errors of logic and facts. in fact, i got tired of pointing out the mistakes he makes in writing his drivel.

he is a narrowly experienced kid who's ego far exceeds his talents. the best work he did was with scott ritter and that was because ritter had so much to say.

dont fool yourself with some sort of cult of personality, pdiddle, you write as good as pitt, and do not have his ego problems.

just read an eric alterman essay then a will pitt essay, you will instantly see the distance pitt has to go to be considered a first rate writer.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 05:46 pm
Anybody?
NO!!!!

Unfortunately, the Dem candidate that comes closest to my views doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell to be nominated.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 07:56 pm
kuvasz wrote:
gimme a break, i have been on DU with pitt for 30 months, setanta seydlitz, and i all write better than pitt. i cant tell you the number of times i have encountered his over the top style on DU and forced him to admit and re-examine his thesis for errors of logic and facts. in fact, i got tired of pointing out the mistakes he makes in writing his drivel.

he is a narrowly experienced kid who's ego far exceeds his talents. the best work he did was with scott ritter and that was because ritter had so much to say.

dont fool yourself with some sort of cult of personality, pdiddle, you write as good as pitt, and do not have his ego problems.

just read an eric alterman essay then a will pitt essay, you will instantly see the distance pitt has to go to be considered a first rate writer.

Hey, big dog.

Thought we'd lost ya after that dustup with Craven awhile back.

I agree that you, Setanta, seydlitz, and I write well.

So does blatham, and nimh, and Thomas here.

And Eric Alterman, and Tom Tomorrow, and David Weinert at Orcinus and Joshua Marshall at talkingpointsmemo and Atrios and billmon and a whole host of others.

You know what Freud said: If it weren't for ego, id have no luck at all...

(On second thought, maybe that was Junior Samples...)

We're all throwing rocks at the same parade, so I won't harshly critique someone else's grip on their knuckler.

You go ahead on, though; cantankerousness is one of your endearing qualities. :wink:
0 Replies