Personal Hygiene

LAW0044

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 06:32 pm
How Do You Tell A Co Worker That They Are Musty? It's Really Strong And It Makes Your head Hurt?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,707 • Replies: 5
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 06:52 pm
@LAW0044,
If its a female, get a close female/friend associate to tell her. If its a male coworker, get a close male buddy/associate to tell him. Make sure you tell your supervisor of this possible confrontation.

I'm assuming you are all adults in this working environment. Work and life is a two way street. We all have to live and work in the same environment. The key way to confront this situation is with gentle diplomacy.

Make sure your complaint is an actual complaint against the person's hygiene and not something fueled by a personal dislike or grudge against the individual. Make sure the person you are addressing is aware that this is indeed the fact. Others might be needed to be considered as second opinions on the person's questionable hygiene but don't make it a mob rule where the person in question might become defensive.

The person might be in a depression and anything sounding like a mob rule might make her or him irrationally defensive.

Good luck.
0 Replies

LAW0044

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 09:45 pm
Thanks For The Information
Pemerson

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 09:53 pm
@LAW0044,
I'm wondering if you can really do anything at all. I once worked for a doctor who stunk to high heaven. His hair was greasy, dandruff falling on his shoulders. He seemed to have what we mothers used to call "cradle cap." Otherwise, a rather good-looking man. Do you live in the U.S. ? If so, you may have heard of his son, who became rather famous.

I think these people are under a lot of stress, for some reason. But, this man did eventually clean himself up. Who knows?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 10:49 pm
@LAW0044,
Buy a little basket full of soaps and put it on your co-workers desk with a note
"compliments of your co-worker". Hopefully it will do the trick.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 11:39 am
"Musty" comes from clothes, not people. (That people stink is usually a high stinky odor from never washing)

Perhaps he/she keeps her clothes in a musty place. Clothes can pick up Fuel oil,, mold smell, moth ball odor, and wool and some polyesters can stink to high heaven.
0 Replies