Without a Trace

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 07:52 am
I've only seen about 25% of them, but from the first episode made up until the one shown last night, every episode I've seen has been excellent. For anyone who hasn't seen it, the show is about the FBI's Missing Persons Bureau. The start of every episode shows the person who disappears in his last known moments. You see the last minute or two of his known activity, and then he becomes transparent and vanishes. Last night's episode was a mother who intended to leave her baby in a car for just a minute while dropping off groceries at her home and was never seen again (the mother, not the baby, who was found by neighbors). The show is very well crafted and stylish, therefore it will probably be cancelled any day now....just kidding. Does anyone have an opinion about it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,076 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 01:46 am
I agree with your assessment of the show. It is very well written and acted.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 02:02 am
Yes, it's a good show. Anthony LaPaglia is a fine actor and is well cast in the role.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 11:58 am
Roberta wrote:
Yes, it's a good show. Anthony LaPaglia is a fine actor and is well cast in the role.

One interesting fact is that two of the stars, Anthiny LaPaglia and Poppy Montgomery, are, in fact, not American (they may be now, not sure) and perform their roles without a trace of Australian accent.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 02:00 pm
Guess I'll have to check it out.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 02:17 pm
Anthony La paglia has an enormous intensity in his work - I really like his acting - he was great in Lantana, too.

Odd thing is he reminds me a lot of a friend who is a detective - so it is always a bit spooky watching Without a Trace - sort of double vision!

I have only seen a couple of episodes - always mean to watch...but...

I will try harder, now.

We Australians are a bit ubiquitous on your screens at the moment, no?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 03:25 pm
In my neck of the woods, it comes on right after C.S.I., which is a great time slot!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 12:12 pm
dlowan - Yes, you are! We seem to have a lot of great Australian actors who can do perfect American accents. The ones who come to mind immediately are all on the big screen - Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, and Cate Blanchett.

Phoenix - I can't refrain from mentioning that we're in the same neck of the woods, although my profile is less specific.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 08:56 pm
Anthony LaPaglia is a wonderful actor. I've seen him in many films. He disappears into the characters. And yes, he has a great intensity.

Another Aussie actor currently on American tv--the guy in the Guardian. Can't remember his name. No trace of an accent there either.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 03:01 am
<bump>
Another great serie , actors and excited cases.
Interesting, always with happy end. In the opposite to the real life.
0 Replies