Dear Lord!! I just started Questioning my Sanity....

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 07:28 pm
I started to question my sanity because some brilliant ad agency is seamlessly using my Facebook photographs in their ads. I wanted to sign up for a contest for Stella Artois and it asked me to sign in using my Facebook profile. Accepting it without thought I did so.

I started to play the contest video [http://www.stellaartois.com/Cannes/website/index.php?country=US&language=en] then the characters pull out some photographs out of a manila folder. I then did a double take as Setanta's dog avatar was the exact image on the photograph.
[Undoctored images: I swear!]
http://i40.tinypic.com/27x3zpz.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2vuzlok.jpg

I thought he must have gotten this photograph from an online source or something then suddenly as the video progressed....
http://i39.tinypic.com/nce7b7.jpg
My twitter and facebook profile picture shows up for Pete's sake.

The seamless insertion of photographs is absolutely freaky and amazing!!

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 07:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
"No class and no style..."???
http://i39.tinypic.com/11ugje8.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 07:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm the fifth cousin of Jacques d'Azur the ad is claiming.
http://i43.tinypic.com/6p2qyq.jpg
Ionus

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 07:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
I think this is the occassion to come clean on what else you have been up to...

Who the hell is Jacques d'Azur ? Is he any relation to Jacques d'Ripper ?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 07:44 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Who the hell is Jacques d'Azur

Former owner of the Stella Artois brewery? Fictional ad statesmen like Colonel Sanders for KFC or Aunt Jemima for Aunt Jemima pancake products?
Ionus

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 07:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
I just googled it. I originally thought he was a relative and that was that. But apparently ....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lifeofjacques/

http://twitter.com/LifeofJacques

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movienews/king-cannes-jacques-dazur-missing
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 07:54 pm
@Ionus,
It's one heck of an immersive ad campaign!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 07:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
Don't go questioning your sanity, tsar.

I'm a little bewildered at the intricacies of problem you're experiencing, being a bit of a Luddite & all ...

BUT I CAN definitely vouch for your sanity! Very Happy

There.

Does that help?

I hope so. Smile
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 08:00 pm
@msolga,
After a brief period to think about it, I'm now more amazed by the seamless on the fly photoshopping of the photographs into the video then questioning whether or not I saw my photograph on a global advertisement campaign.

One of the most impressive ad campaigns I have ever witnessed and I'm an avid television watcher and media consumer my life.
msolga

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 08:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
A little clearer now , tsar. Smile
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 08:06 pm
Quote:
I just started Questioning my Sanity....
Bloody showoff ! At least you have a sanity to be questioned.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 09:57 pm
Ha!

My brother in law and Mo's baseball coach are in mine!

Too funny!
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 10:08 pm
@boomerang,
Good luck Boomerang with the contest!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 10:17 pm
NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DID NOT AND DO NOT GIVE ANY COMPANY OR PERSON PERMISSION TO USE MY PHOTOGRAPH IN THEIR ADVERTISING AT ANY TIME IN ANY COUNTRY.

HOW CAN MY PROFILE PICTURE BE USED.

dadpad

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 10:31 pm
@dadpad,

contact us
http://www.stellaartois.com/en-global/privacypolicy.html
Interesting web page.
try clicking and highlighting
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 10:31 pm
@dadpad,
Good question. I wonder if its some kind of fine print at Facebook.com as I did glance at the Stella Artois fine print before clicking through and didn't notice any Facebook details.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 10:32 pm
@dadpad,
I do sympathize with that sentiment, dad, but is it possible that, legally, by entering the contest you give tacit approval to the company to use your materials? Is there something you click on that says you accept their terms? Gotta read the fine print.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 10:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
Kid, you need to tighten up your privacy settings at FB. You're letting companies get access to your "friends" information.
dadpad

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 10:37 pm
THE STELLA ARTOIS 2010 WEB SITE PRIVACY POLICY " YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS

THIS PRIVACY POLICY IS DESIGNED TO INFORM YOU ABOUT THE INFORMATION ANHEUSER-BUSCH INBEV NV/SA ("AB INBEV") COLLECTS AT THE WEB SITE ON WHICH THIS POLICY IS FOUND, WHY WE COLLECT SUCH INFORMATION, AND HOW WE WILL HANDLE INFORMATION WE LEARN ABOUT YOU FROM YOUR VISIT TO OUR WEB SITE. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR ASSENT TO OUR PRIVACY POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO OUR PRIVACY POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

PLEASE NOTE THAT DIFFERENT WEB SITES OPERATED BY MEMBERS OF THE AB INBEV FAMILY OF COMPANIES MAY BE SUBJECT TO DIFFERENT PRIVACY POLICIES. THIS POLICY APPLIES ONLY TO INFORMATION COLLECTED AT THIS WEB SITE, IT DOES NOT APPLY TO INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US AT OTHER WEB SITES WE MAY OPERATE OR CONTROL, OR INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT IN OTHER MEDIA, INCLUDING BY TEXT MESSAGE, EMAIL, PHONE, OR OTHERWISE. PLEASE CHECK THE PRIVACY POLICY OF EACH SITE TO UNDERSTAND THE PRACTICES APPLICABLE TO THAT SITE.

Personal Information We Collect

On this site you may be able to provide your first and last name, e-mail address, birth date or age, street address, city, state, zip code, mobile or other telephone number, or other personal information or contact information. We may also ask for your comments, suggestions, or other information relating to our site, our products or services, or the company. Other specific types of information may be requested in connection with contests, sweepstakes, other promotional offers or other marketing efforts, including uploading text, video or audio content. This site may use passive tracking mechanisms, including cookies, web beacons or clear GIFs, to track certain information about you while you are on our site.

Use of Personal Information

We use the personal information you submit to respond to your direct request, as described at the time we collect your information, as otherwise described to you prior to use of your information, to better understand you and our consumers generally, and for other of our legitimate business purposes, including, from time to time, sending you information in which we believe you may be interested, including about us or our products and services. We may combine the information you submit with data we have obtained about you from other sources, including if you have provided your information to us in other places or other medium, such as on other of our web sites. Passive information we track is used to customize your experience on our web site and the offerings that we make to you on our site. This information is also used to allow us to pre-populate your user name to assist you in logging in after you have become a registered member of a program or service at our site (such as signing up for a particular sweepstakes).

Sharing Personal Information

While we are not in the business of selling personal information to unaffiliated third parties, from time to time we will share your information with vendors acting on our behalf, with our related companies, including our parent and other AB InBev brands, or with business partners such as third parties with whom we are conducting joint promotions or programs. We will also disclose your personally identifiable information if we believe we are required to do so to comply with any law, regulation, court order, or legal or government request. In the unlikely event that all or part of our business is acquired by a third party, your information will be transferred to the new corporate owner. Without assuming any obligation to do so, we also reserve the right to collect and share any information we deem necessary to investigate or take action in connection with suspected fraud, illegal activities, possible harm to persons or property, to protect ourselves or one or more of our users or their heirs, or as otherwise required or permitted by law. Finally, please keep in mind that certain areas of our web site may be interactive in nature, and may allow you to post information that other users can see. If you do not wish to have information viewed publicly, please do not use those portions of the site.

Third Party Sites

On certain areas of this site we may provide links to third party sites. This Privacy Policy does not describe information collection practices on other sites, including those linked to or from this site. These links are provided as a convenience to you, however please be aware that we do not control the third-parties or their web sites, and those third parties will have a different Privacy Policy which applies to information that you may provide when you are on those third parties' sites. You should read the privacy policies of all web sites carefully before providing personally identifiable information.

How to Contact Us

If you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional offers or information from us, please email us at [email protected], write to us at Stella Artois, One Busch Place, St. Louis MO, 63118 or call us at 1-800-342-5283. You can also follow the opt-out instructions that will be included in any promotional message you receive from us. Please note that if you opt not to receive promotional messages from us, we will still continue to send you information that relates to any account you may hold with us, or any business relationship you may have with us, such as requests you have made for or about our goods and services (such as transactional messages about sweepstakes in which you may have entered).

Special Notice to California Residents

Under California Law SB 27, California residents who have an established business relationship with us have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about them for the third parties' marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or write us at the address listed above. Include in your request: (a) the phrase “California Privacy Request” in the subject line, (b) your name, (c) address, and (d) e-mail address. We will respond to you within thirty days of receiving such a request.

Security

We use industry standard measures to protect information provide on this site. No web site is one hundred percent secure, and thus you should take appropriate measures to protect yourself, including, for example, keeping all user names and passwords confidential.

Legal Drinking Age/Children on Our Site

The site is not intended for or directed to individuals who are not of legal drinking age in their country of residence, including children under 18. We do not knowingly collect any information from such individuals. Parents, if you believe your child has provided us with personally identifiable information, please contact us at [email protected]. To learn more about how to protect your children online, we encourage you to visit http://www.dontserveteens.gov/.

Effective Date and Changes

This policy was created on and has been in effect since Monday, August 10, 2009. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, AT OUR COMPLETE DISCRETION, TO CHANGE, MODIFY, ADD, OR REMOVE PORTIONS OF THIS POLICY AT ANY TIME. YOU SHOULD CHECK BACK PERIODICALLY AT THIS PAGE TO READ THE MOST RECENT VERSION OF THIS POLICY, AS YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SITE FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF CHANGES TO THESE TERMS WILL MEAN YOU ACCEPT THESE CHANGES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, WE WILL NOT RETROACTIVELY MAKE MATERIAL CHANGES TO OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 10:39 pm
@ehBeth,
I changed a couple of potential privacy settings:
http://i40.tinypic.com/2mfyemf.jpg
Does this look appropriate or should I continue to refine the settings?
0 Replies