Weird Facebook glitch?! I am logged in but it won't recognize me!

Sleeq

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 12:53 pm
Ok here's my problem:

I just bought a new iPhone today, and I installed Facebook. Logging in, I noticed that all my friends, all my photos (including profile & cover), all groups, apps etc ARE ALL GONE.

It's not recognizing me as myself; I'm still logged in on my old phone and that is working normally. When I log in on a mobile browser or PC browser, I get this 'new' me.

My husband and my friends can see my 'normal' account when they view it; when I try to see mine or anyone else from the 'new' account it shows we aren't friends; I can see my own profile as a new person!!!

What kind of glitch is this? Is it a duplication glitch? Is it a cache/security measure? Was it some sort of reset?!

I will provide as much information as possible; I am using the existing email and password.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 936 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 01:03 pm
@Sleeq,
Try logging out of your old phone and then try logging in using the new phone.
Sleeq

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 01:18 pm
@jespah,
I'm worried if I do that, then I will no longer have access to the normal account...
Kleinmk5

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 06:13 pm
@Sleeq,
Security settings if you have it set up for recognized devices and You will have to add the new cell phone to your recognized devices in order for it to recognize you
0 Replies

Kleinmk5

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 06:15 pm
@Sleeq,
facebooks server could possibly lock you out its been known to do that with the recognized devices flaw that they have in their programming
0 Replies