Here's what happens to visitors to America.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 10:40 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
To Dave : Who in their right mind trusts someone 'nough to let them cut bits off of their whizzer ?
Well, when I was a few months old, I got circumcized because of urinary infections.
I 'm glad that I don 't look the other way.
I did not consciously decide against trusting anyone
until 11 years later.

Ionus wrote:
To plainoldme : How can it be bigger
if there is less of it ? Is this like cutting hair so it will grow ?
I was wondering about that reasoning, too.
Perhaps Plain will enlighten us.

David
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 11:09 pm
@Ionus,
Someone with supreme confidence in its future size.
Ionus

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 11:16 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Someone with supreme confidence in its future size.
That amount of confidence doesnt exist !! Anyway, it can always be bigger....that wouldnt hurt anyone.
roger

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 11:17 pm
@Ionus,
Not Jewish, are you?
Ionus

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 11:43 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Not Jewish, are you?
Nearly....I know two words from Hava Nagilah, I am tight with money, and have a strong dislike of Arabs. Oh and I have read the Pentateuch cover to cover.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 01:43 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

After a two year loan to the United States, Michelangelo's David is being returned to Italy .

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs475.ash1/26063_324758274911_665569911_3700426_8142204_n.jpg

Joe(I'll have a double bacon cheeseburger and the large fries)Nation
In fairness to the Italians, their food, pasta,
is so GOOD, that its constant ingestion will contribute to making u pudgy.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 06:30 am
Quote:
TRUE or FALSE:
Use of the frase "just saying"
means "yada, yada, yada -- I 'm just SAYING that it is so,
that does not mean that it REALLY IS that way,
or
that does not mean that it REALLY IS true,
merely because I 'm saying that it is that way

Um. Both?

"Man, you are getting fat!"
"Are you saying I'm fat?!"
"I'm not saying you're fat fat. I'm just saying."

It's a defuser in the sense, not of making things murky (that would be a diffuser anyway), but to act as a deflector because the speaker is, most times, speaking of usually unspoken things. So when I am talking about how a man can make his penis two inches longer by losing three inches of girth at his waist (Obviously it's two inches of what engineers would label "travel") I deflect any small embarrassment about the subject by saying "just saying."

There it be.
Joe(what an odd thread this has turned out to be.)
Ionus

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 07:12 am
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
So when I am talking about how a man can make his penis two inches longer by losing three inches of girth at his waist (Obviously it's two inches of what engineers would label "travel")
I am very interesed in hearing more on this Joe..do you have a link ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 07:19 am
@Joe Nation,
Thank u, Joe.
Intellectually, I understand the concept;
it leaves me with an annoying feeling in my stomach.
I never had that b4.

David
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 03:34 pm
@Joe Nation,
I did not KNOW that it was supposed to be a deflection. I just used the term the other day when I commented on a friend's profile photo on facebook.

I came late to facebook - so by the time I befriended this friend I've had for 25 years- he'd been through about five profile photos.

Since that's almost the only reason I go on facebook - to look at peoples' photos- I looked at his past profile photos and I found one that was just so wonderful and depicted his essence so exactly that I commented underneath that photo: THIS is your best profile picture. Not that your current one isn't wonderful - I'm just sayin'...'

But now that I just wrote that - I guess it is a deflection of sorts....

Yep - you're right Laughing Laughing
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 04:05 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
I did not KNOW that it was supposed to be a deflection. I just used the term the other day when I commented on a friend's profile photo on facebook.

I came late to facebook - so by the time I befriended this friend I've had for 25 years- he'd been through about five profile photos.

Since that's almost the only reason I go on facebook - to look at peoples' photos- I looked at his past profile photos and I found one that was just so wonderful and depicted his essence so exactly that I commented underneath that photo: THIS is your best profile picture. Not that your current one isn't wonderful - I'm just sayin'...'

But now that I just wrote that - I guess it is a deflection of sorts....

Yep - you're right Laughing Laughing
I woud not put a picture of my face into a book,
for public exposure of the fact that it looks so bad.
Maybe in the future, we 'll be able to select our own faces from a catalog.

I take that frase ( "I 'm just saying" )
to mean that: I 'm only SAYING IT, I don 't certify it as being true.

For instance, I 've said, in the past,
that "I argue that I saved a girl 's life by teaching her to play Space Invaders on my TV,
thereby to deflect her attention from her semi-hysterical misery, thus to avoid suicide."
I don 't know for a FACT that she 'd have committed suicide
if I had not tawt her to play Space Invaders,
but I can still present an argument (a proposition) to that effect.
That does not mean that I believe that argument.

By adding I 'm JUST saying it,
one avoids accusations of hypocrisy.

I can SAY that the Moon is made of green cheese, without believing it.
(Neil Armstrong probably woud have mentioned it.)

Perhaps another way to similarly express the same concept:
"I don 't know that this is actually TRUE, but: yadda, yadda, yadda"

David
aidan

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 04:18 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I woud not put a picture of my face into a book, for public exposure of the fact that it looks so bad.

You're way too hard on yourself.
Quote:
I hope not.

URL: http://able2know.org/reply/post-3950900
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 04:33 pm
@aidan,
David wrote:
I woud not put a picture of my face into a book,
for public exposure of the fact that it looks so bad.
aidan wrote:
You're way too hard on yourself.
Abe Lincoln said (approximately): "Mr. Douglas claims that I am 2 faced,
but if I had 2 faces, woud I be using THIS one ?"

David wrote:
aidan wrote:
I hope not.
Y do u hope not ?
aidan

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 04:40 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
David - what do you find so wrong with your face? I find it perfectly pleasant.

I wouldn't like choosing a face from a catalogue because that would mean the selection would be limited and influenced by general preference. I find it much more interesting and fascinating to view the incredible variety I see every day as it stands.

And I have to say that since plastic surgery has become so much more common, that women, especially, seem to be becoming more and more of a single and determined pattern as they strive to fit the mold that society has set out in terms of what is 'attractive'.
I don't find it attractive at all - much less more attractive in general.

I don't like it. I like faces specifically for their uniqueness. I think that's what would be lost if we were able to choose our faces out of a catalogue.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 06:06 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
David - what do you find so wrong with your face? I find it perfectly pleasant.

I wouldn't like choosing a face from a catalogue because that would mean the selection would be limited
and influenced by general preference.
I contemplate a catalog including many 1000s of choices,
and of being able to select features and complexions of the consumer's personal choice.
I do not suggest that everyone shud have the same face.

aidan wrote:
I find it much more interesting and fascinating to view the incredible variety I see every day as it stands.
Variety means many differences; I strongly prefer the opportunity to look at beauty.

aidan wrote:
And I have to say that since plastic surgery has become so much more common, that women, especially,
seem to be becoming more and more of a single and determined pattern as they strive to fit the mold
that society has set out in terms of what is 'attractive'.
I don't find it attractive at all - much less more attractive in general.

I don't like it. I like faces specifically for their uniqueness.
I think that's what would be lost if we were able to choose our faces out of a catalogue.
I liked Lincoln 's quote.

David
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 04:39 am
The thing I like about this thread is it's variety of subject matter.

Joe(You guys should get a room.)Nation

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 05:40 am
@Ionus,
Re: Joe Nation (Post 3950498)
Quote:
Quote:
So when I am talking about how a man can make his penis two inches longer by losing three inches of girth at his waist (Obviously it's two inches of what engineers would label "travel") I am very interesed in hearing more on this Joe..do you have a link ?

Hi, Ionus:
For the most part I am only repeating what I've been told by some female partners. Their opinion on beer bellies was that they get in the way of getting of getting things done. At least that's how I understood the thrust of the argument.

It's fun to try and research this on the web. There's a lot of anecdotal and off the top remarks. Here's my favorite from a guy calling himself Beeg Jajuan:
Quote:
The fatter you get the less ability you have to penetrate because you are getting in your own way. So yes a fat man has a shorter penis for all intensive purposes.

Yes, Jajuan, all those intensive purposes as well as, I believe, all intents and purposes.
===
The major concern on the net is how the guy with an overhang over his hanger makes that hanger look. Most say there should be a sticker on it that says
"Objects may appear smaller than they actually are."

but, again, my personal sources all agreed that the easiest way of being longer is to flatten the playing field.
'nuff said.

Next we need to talk about their other complaint: the men who have gone too far in the slimming down activity and who now come very close to beating their partners to death with their hip-bones.

Joe(all I know is I've lost 90 pounds) Nation

0 Replies