Michigan Militia Group Charged With Police-Killing Plot

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 11:44 am
@maporsche,
I don't think you understand what I said in my post, ma. I have never advocated more gun control laws. We can't even enforce the ones already on the books. This has nothing whatever to do with what's legal and what's illegal.

I am talking about a particular mindset which visualizes the duly elected government as the enemy. This kind of mindset is common among both rextremes of the political spectrum -- extreme right and extreme left. During the hippy era when the sitting government in Washington was seen as mostly conservative (the Nixon era et seq.) and so the "terrorists" were largely Communist-sympathizers. Today, with Obama in the White House and the Congress largely Democrat, the "terrorists" are laregelyt right-wing nuts.

I'm not suggesting that our friend OmSigDavid is advocating violent overthrow of this government, nor even that he would necessarily approve of such steps being taken. My comment was directed solely at his frequent contention that the relationship between government and governed is always, somehow, adversarial.
maporsche

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 12:38 pm
@Merry Andrew,
I read too fast...my apologies.
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 12:46 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I read too fast...my apologies.

Accepted. No problem.
0 Replies