What ever happened to the individual?

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 11:53 am
Question

Our government is increasingly breaking the people up into demographic, economic, political and racial groups...
this practice is resulting in the death of the individual. I really don't care if a person is black, white, rich, poor, left or right,
liberal or conservative.. I only care about the individual... why does our government no longer care about the individual?

Is our government attempting to force pitched battles between groups so that we are distracted from what they are doing while we bicker and fight?

Are we just pawns in the game of life?

Who is looking out for the individual?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,160 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 12:15 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Who is looking out for the individual?

Don't you know that there's for any of the 308,962,532 [as of 18:14 UTC (EST+5) Mar 29, 2010] inhabitants of the USA there's at least one communist spy from the world's Left on duty who looks after her/him?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 12:16 pm
to answer your question

he sits on a bench in my town, a little guy who seems to dress in non gender conforming clothing and pushes a stroller with a big teddy bear in it

he's quite the individual
roger

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 01:22 pm
@djjd62,
Aha! The non gender conforming clothing group.
djjd62

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 01:30 pm
@roger,
it's odd, he doesn't wear dresses, but he wears women's jeans, he's got this biege suede parka with pink fur edging

i was standing behind him one day in the grocery store and he had a one of those name key chains made out of little blocks with letters on them and it said chelsea

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 01:36 pm
Is our government attempting to force pitched battles between groups so
that we are distracted from what they are doing while we bicker and fight?
djjd62

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 01:42 pm
@H2O MAN,
i don't think so, i think the internet is doing that, the ease and access of information means that diverse groups can bitch about things and push their agenda like never before

there's always been dissension amongst the parties, but with the rise of the information age it's more out there then ever before, bloggers dissect and critique every thing and give it their own spin, conspiracy theories abound as does misinformation
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 01:46 pm
@djjd62,
Didn't Al Gore create the internet to do just the opposite?
djjd62

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2010 01:48 pm
@H2O MAN,
like many things mr gore attempted, he failed
rabel22

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 03:27 pm
@djjd62,

Do you really think we would be better off without the internet. I think a rational person can gain much knowledge and insight from it.
djjd62

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 03:59 pm
@rabel22,
i don't believed i said we'd be better off without the internet
rabel22

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 07:55 pm
@djjd62,
Sorry. I read one of your previous posts as saying because of thier being so much disinformation you werent in favor of the internet.
djjd62

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 05:42 am
@rabel22,
no problem, i like disinformation and weirdos on the interent, especially if it helps inform and shape politics for the worse
0 Replies