Whatever Happened To.......

ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 11:47 pm
@2PacksAday,
I know we do. I listen to you anyway, whether or not I agree.
2PacksAday

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 12:08 am
@ossobuco,
Likewise.

-------

I've been trying to think of that guys name for years, the walk-on guy....I'm almost positive that it was Rich Hall that parodied him, so it could have been either on SNL or HBO"s Not Necessarily the News...it was a running gag for a week or two, maybe longer....they would show him just wandering around in all sorts of places or situations....a Yankee or Mets game was one of them.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 07:02 am
Generalissimo Francisco Franco.

Still dead.
djjd62

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 07:09 am
@Swimpy,
Very Happy

reginald denny, ruck driver attacked in la riots
2PacksAday

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 07:04 pm
@djjd62,
He's still not "right", never got paid....and has more forgivness in his heart than I could ever understand.

That has to be one of the darkest 15 min of fame out there.
Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 08:30 pm
@2PacksAday,
And what of Rodney King himself, whose beating started the whole dirty ball rolling?
2PacksAday

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 09:12 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Eh bad deal all around....I will say that it appeared excessive force was used to subdue him....I don't know why they couldn't have just laid on him, once they had him down, and tazed...there were what...5-6 cops there....pcp {so they thought} or no pcp your not going to throw off 1,000 lbs of dead weight.

The two instances can not be compared in any way though....King was involved in a high speed chase, white or black, when you run and they catch you, you are going to get roughed up a bit....but I won't try to defend their actions...not fully anyway. Denny, did nothing wrong, just was in the wrong place at the wrong time....as were many other people that day.

I would never live in a large city such as LA, and damn sure would not be a cop there.
Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 09:32 pm
@2PacksAday,
Oh, I agree totally. Denny was a true victim while King brought it on himself to a certain extent.

Incidentally, I have seen the entire unexpurgated tape of the Rodney King beating, not just the little snips they kept showing on the TV news every half hour or so. There's no doubt that he was resisting arrest. Even when the cops have him down on the ground, if there's any chance of trying to get up, he tries it instead of just staying down. This is no excuse for any police officer to exercise undue brutal force. But once you've seen the whole thing, it becomes more understandable why some of the cops overreacted.
2PacksAday

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 09:58 pm
@Merry Andrew,
About 8 years ago, I saw a little guy, maybe 135 lbs...soaking wet....take on three cops...one is 6'2, built....one was 6'0, and very heavy...280 or so...the last one is a short guy, but very stocky....200 lbs. That little guy kicked, bit, punched, clawed....it looked like a cartoon fight, just a blur with a random leg or arm sticking out of the swirling dust cloud...or cloud of black uniforms.

He had not taken his med's in a few days, and was having an episode....they didn't hurt him though....the cops got the worst of it by far.

-----

I have also seen the full tape, and even with the video it's really hard to tell just exactly what was happening....I know at one point during the beating he appears to grab for a cops leg, but he could have simply been reaching for help.
0 Replies