Trolls, or trolling behaviour ...how do we deal with these isues as an online community?

JTT

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 01:24 pm
@MASSAGAT,
Yeah, that post I gave as an example is a good example that OmSig is rarely lucid, offers the most juvenile responses given his "history" and is a major chickenshit to boot.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 01:27 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
The individual also has responsibilities, but not in all cases, in my opinion.
In a bilateral contract, by definition each side has a responsibility to perform.
On the other hand, I have a right to go to Church, but I have no duty to do so.
I have a right to vote in School Board elections, but no duty to do so;
indeed, I have never voted in a School Board election
(not knowing the candidates, nor any disputed issues involved).

I have a right to select a favorite color (I prefer red), but I have no duty to do so.
I have the right to enjoy the beauty of the weather, but no duty to do so.

Chauncy Gardener without the brains.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 01:32 pm
@MASSAGAT,
Quote:
Our narrow and selfish preoccupation with rights is a moral, spiritual health warning that all is not well with our society. In earlier ages, people focused on their moral and social responsibilities rather than complaining about their lack of rights.

What a crock of sour owl manure! Americans have been bleating about their rights since forever, all the while severely abusing the rights of others.

Quote:
And peer pressure (not to mention legal enforcement) strengthened that concept.

Yeah, ask Blacks and Native Americans how that worked out for them.
farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 03:35 pm
@JTT,
Ok, JTT, we agree on gravity and this .
"Rights" are pretty much a western invention anyway.
"duties" are preached from other worldviews
MASSAGAT

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 04:46 pm
@JTT,
JTT- I find that your responses to my post and to the answers of OmSigDavid to be juvenile, immature and half-baked. I really don't think that a response invoking "sour owl manure" is dispositive. May I suggest that you take the posts that I made as well as the posts given by OmSigDavid and respond to them in an analytical way? You may, of course, show how the ideas listed are erroneous or tendentious. But, I am very sorry--"sour owl manure" won't make it.

and with regard to the rights of Blacks in the United States, I am, of the opinion that the advances made in Civil Rights in the last fifty years have been enormous. Of course, we do not have Utopia yet in the USA, but inasmuch as the definition of Utopia means NO PLACE, we are doing quite well.

Perhaps you might direct us to a country in which a large Black population has a better standard of living, more guaranteed personal rights and freedom from want?

Brazil? South Africa? Kenya?
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 04:48 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
"Rights" are pretty much a western invention anyway.

These "rights" you speak of, Farmer, were a convenience. They didn't do much for Native Americans or Blacks, or any number of other ethnic groups either, nor do they seem to help out even neighbors.

The USA has no problem severely curtailing the rights of other countries' folks even to the point of slaughter.

Quote:

There aren't many preachers about that can hold a candlestick to the USA and yet it's right out there in front as the most hypocritical.
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 04:53 pm
@MASSAGAT,
Quote:
Perhaps you might direct us to a country in which a large Black population has a better standard of living, more guaranteed personal rights and freedom from want?

Brazil? South Africa? Kenya?

Pointing to the crimes of others is as facile as it comes. Do you not recall that the USA supported the South African apartheid regime?
0 Replies

MASSAGAT

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 04:55 pm
@JTT,
Your comments, JTT are interesting and even thought provoking. I hope that I am not being too difficult if I ask you to bring some evidence or documentation that will support your generalizations. You see, JTT, some people think the USA is Exceptional. I think I have evidence to support that position. Do you have any evidence to support yours or are you just inextricably tied up with "name-calling"?
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:08 pm
@MASSAGAT,
Quote:
You see, JTT, some people think the USA is Exceptional

Ya figure. Could it be because it's been drummed into your vacuous heads since y'all were still pissing and shittin' your pants.
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:09 pm
@MASSAGAT,
Why in the world did Massagat get a minus 1 for this posting?

Who are these chickenshits?
dyslexia

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:10 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Why in the world did Massagat get a minus 1 for this posting?

Who are these chickenshits?
well, one of them would be me.
spendius

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:11 pm
@MASSAGAT,
The USA is definitely exceptional. Some wit once said that it was inventing a new type of human being.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:15 pm
@dyslexia,
Putting aside the nature of the whole up/down thing, why, might I ask, would you give him a minus 1 for that posting, Dys?
spendius

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:20 pm
@JTT,
It makes a telling point with only a smidgin of effort.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:23 pm
@JTT,
nothing to do with "that" post, I see any post by possum I thumb it down, I'm a real chickenshit.
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:24 pm
@dyslexia,
Apparently you are. I never would have figured that.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:24 pm
@spendius,
You can win an argument on A2K by putting somebody on Ignore and making a big deal out of it. It's simple.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:28 pm
@spendius,
yeah, I've never put spendi on ignore nor thumbed down his posts, I guess I've lost every argument with him.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:30 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

yeah, I've never put spendi on ignore nor thumbed down his posts, I guess I've lost every argument with him.
oh wiat a minute maybe I have and just forgot about it, I sometimes like to win arguments.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 05:30 pm
@dyslexia,
Whether you did or you didn't you have my respect. People who use Ignore don't have my respect. And I can respect wankers.