Trolls, or trolling behaviour ...how do we deal with these isues as an online community?

MASSAGAT

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 12:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Thank You, OmSigDavid. I never put anyone on ignore but I can understand why you did it. The statement about the US being "a rapacious oppressor that may well be outdoing all the past oppressors" is well over the top. It sounds like it was taken directly from a manual for prisoners such as those referred to in Solzhenitsyn's Gulag series.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 12:37 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:
Quote:
It was then that I knew that I had been successful in my posts since name calling is really the last weapon of imbeciles.
I have to disagree. With many here it is the first weapon ......Oh! ......Right.
I have found they dont mind starting a name calling slanging match but
they only have tolerance for calling others names.
They have very little tolerance for being called names back
...typical bullies, really.
That certainly is true, Ionus, but the victims can fight back if we wanna.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 12:46 am
@MASSAGAT,

He further repeatedly asserts a point of vu
that no one can be held responsible for his own words
and that 2 statements which r directly contradictory to one
another can both simultaneously be accepted as true.

I consider myself to be a patient man,
but he exceeded my ability to tolerate hopeless futility.

David
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 01:39 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
but the victims can fight back if we wanna.
That was the unstated principle behind my post...not only CAN, but SHOULD fight back.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 06:21 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Perhaps u might find it of interest to know that
I dealt with that poster that u mentioned (JTT),
concerning questions of English grammar.

David is a bald faced liar. He didn't deal with me at all on English grammar. He found that he was so quickly befuddled, his old prescriptions failed him so quickly that he had to resort to "ignore".

What's so surprising is that OmSig's [an ex-lawyer, supposedly a guy with a high IQ] postings are like a perpetual cycling telepromter. I think it's soon time for the story about how a young woman seduced him when he was just a pup.
0 Replies

MASSAGAT

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:14 am
OmSig David--It seems that JTT is not in congruence with your opinions. Indeed, when reading his posts, it would appear that he positively dislikes you. I must, therefore, congratulate you. After reading JTT's blurbs, I conclude that his animus springs from the fact that you have shown the emptiness of his unsourced opinions. Good show, OmSig!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 05:22 am
@MASSAGAT,
MASSAGAT wrote:
OmSig David--It seems that JTT is not in congruence with your opinions. Indeed, when reading his posts, it would appear that he positively dislikes you. I must, therefore, congratulate you. After reading JTT's blurbs, I conclude that his animus springs from the fact that you have shown the emptiness of his unsourced opinions. Good show, OmSig!
Thank u, sir; most kind of u.
I am willing to discuss matters with almost anyone,
including people with whom I am diametrically opposed
in my fundamental beliefs, including nazis and commies,
and I have discussed matters amiably with both (in some cases),
but in the case of this unfortunate individual, he appears to be mentally disabled,
his mind being enduring lost in permanent disorganization and chaos,
such as to make communication impossible,
in my long experience with him, before I put him on Ignore.

I imagine that he probably can 't help it.
It is sad, but contact with him has proven a fruitless and obnoxious experience.

David
Ionus

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 05:36 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Thats true massagat...David and I are opposed on gun control but some of his arguments have moved me more towards his position. But I caution you he is a lawyer...you can not make him answer a question... Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 05:51 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I think JTT is a reasonable adherent to Dylan's maxim--"keep a clean head and always carry a light bulb."

Quote:
but in the case of this unfortunate individual, he appears to be mentally disabled,
his mind being enduring lost in permanent disorganization and chaos,
such as to make communication impossible,
in my long experience with him, before I put him on Ignore.

The long winded nature of that does not disguise that it is pure assertion. And a most ill-bred one too.

Francis

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 06:00 am
Spendi wrote:
And a most ill-bred one too.

Indeed..
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 06:19 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Dylan's maxim--"keep a clean head and always carry a light bulb."
I prefer -- "keep a clean rifle and always carry extra ammunition"
OR
-- "keep a cool head and a warm bum"
djjd62

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 06:27 am
@Ionus,
when it comes to dylan i prefer

"Everybody must get stoned"

or

"Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea."
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:42 pm
@MASSAGAT,
Quote:

This is certainly illustrative of just how thorough you are when it comes to doing research, Massagat.
MASSAGAT

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 03:36 pm
@JTT,
You may be right, JTT. On the other hand, you may be wrong. I will leave it to worthies on these threads like OmSigDavid, djjd62, Ionus and Spendius to judge the value of my research. I certainly would not value your opinion as much!
Ragman

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 03:51 pm
@MASSAGAT,
yawn
djjd62

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 04:02 pm
@Ragman,
Wait! What?

i'm worthy?
MASSAGAT

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 04:15 pm
@Ragman,
If you have trouble sleeping , Ragman, and I affect you like a soporific, I will be happy to post three or four more posts. Let me know, will you?
0 Replies

MASSAGAT

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 04:17 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62- You are certainly "worthy", but I did not write "worthy". I wrote "worthies".
There is a subtle difference.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 04:17 pm
@MASSAGAT,
Stop equivocating. You just illustrate how dense you are.

Of course I'm right. The facts stand there full in front of you.

You took a couple of sentences from a dimwit who hasn't the least bit of backbone and made a hasty and dumb, really dumb, judgment.

Caught full out, you don't even possess the small measure of honesty needed to admit you made a snap judgment.
0 Replies

MASSAGAT

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 04:20 pm
JTT wrote:

You took a couple of sentences from a dimwit who hasn't the least bit of backbone.
end of quote
Really? Please be so good as to inform me exactly who the "dimwit" is. I don't have the slightest idea of what you are talking about. That may be because your replies are often so opaque!