30

Is Evolution a Dangerous Idea? If so, why?

1  
Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2018 07:16 am
I greatly appreciate your posts aimed at keeping honest science going here as in other such threads.

brianjakub

1  
Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2018 10:19 am
The evidence for evolution isnt that way, Its more like a civil case where the preponderance of evidence supports the proposal and that theres nothing to refute it. Its not a criminal case .
Theres no evidence for hopeful monsters, none. What there is, is a series of assertions that are quite casuistic (its marketing of religious based science in most cases).

And there are not enough missing links in the fossil record. Hopeful monsters, God of the gaps, Punctuated Equilibrium, Front loading, etc. . . are all logical explanations we just need to decide which ones are logical and repeatable.

Now tht we are more able to decode the chemistry of genes and epigenes, we see these vast sludge pools of"acquired" variation many of which are inheritable . I know, Im starting to rethink Lmarck after reading Ward's review and Hazens "evolution" of minerals

Isn't that the same as admitting there was front loading of information that runs a system (a form of AI) to manage evolution?

And now, that we are just now starting to understand it, you are using linguistic tricks to say ID without using the words Intelligent Design?
Helloandgoodbye

1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 10:57 am
@edgarblythe,
I recall why I ‘bowed out’ of engaging with this site, and the ppl on it.
The same reason as why there comes a point with any person, or group of individuals who are religious extremists which are ‘right’ no mattter what evidence is presented ya know?
I love to share truth, and engage for a better understanding of things. But as the saying goes ‘dont Throw your pearls to pigs, who will just trample them under their feet.’
Many ppl on here which embrace the religious belief that life was created by an unintelligent source, and can do more than simply adapt (but can evolve) to their designed limits do just that.
So, I share, I use ppl as leverage to test to see if my understanding of things is built on a solid foundation, and then move on.

Merry CHRISTmas everyone Smile

1  
Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2018 12:48 pm
@brianjakub,
And there are not enough missing links in the fossil record.
Hopeful monsters, God of the gaps, Punctuated Equilibrium, Front loading, etc. . . are all logical explanations we just need to decide which ones are logical and repeatable.
You wouldn't understand logic if it slapped you on the face.
log·ic
/ˈläjik/Submit
noun
Reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.
"experience is a better guide to this than deductive logic"
synonyms: reasoning, line of reasoning, rationale, argument, argumentation
"the logic of their argument"
Also,
sci·ence
/ˈsīəns/Submit
noun
the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.
. There are enough to arrive at some, reasonable, conclusions from what is available and what becomes available in the future. DNA was discovered in the mid 1950's. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/dna-at-60-still-much-to-learn/