NCAA Basketball Tournament Game on A2K! Win $1M!*

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 03:42 pm
It is time once again for March Madness when college basketball teams play against each other to determine which is the best team in America. Here again on A2K is a game where you, yes you, can participate without actually knowing anything.
There will be a bracket of games set up on Yahoo tomorrow. Pick the winners amongst the 65 teams.
If you choose every game right, Yahoo will give you a $1M prize (some restrictions apply).
This is all on Yahoo. The A2K League number is 66764 and the password to get in is "johnboy is awesome"
If this works, perhaps one of yall could post a link.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 04:33 pm
@realjohnboy,
Maybe I'll try this as a ploy to get to last place..
I sooo don't follow college bb anymore, but this could force me to read a bit.

Ok..

I can't get the password to take, either crunching johnboyisawesome together or using quotes and skipping spaces in between the words or just skipping spaces.

Will try again and let you know.

Nope..
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 04:53 pm
Arrgh. I probably did something stupid in trying to set this up. Where is Tico when I need him? Help!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 04:57 pm
@realjohnboy,
any way to change it to an easier password?

Also, it may be me that is stupid. Takes me a while to figure out how to find where to sign up in the first place. I'll try to retrace that to give others a clue.

OK, here's a direct link, given we figure out the password business -
http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/register/joinprivategroup
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 05:34 pm
I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong regarding setting this up on Yahoo. I invite one of yall to make an attempt, using a new league number and password.
Thanks.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 06:23 pm
I have appealed to Tico for help in setting this thing up. I think I may have screwed up by setting this up as a "private" league requiring an invitation from me. I have set up a "public" league with an ID # of 80032. Let me know if that works.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 06:34 pm
@realjohnboy,
What I am?! Chopped liver?
http://able2know.org/topic/142716-1
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 06:35 pm
@tsarstepan,
I set up one 3 days ago.
http://ncaabracket.nytimes.com/groups/men/6pTQJS9apA7
ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 06:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
Eek, sorry Tsar.

Some of us suffer from obliviosity. I did see that and it scared me, being used to the yahoo thing. And then I forgot.

So, what are you serving with the chopped liver?

any pickles?
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 06:47 pm
@ossobuco,
I guess poached eggs and a side order of whole wheat toast. Strawberry preserves from France and Brummel and Brown.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 06:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
And fresh squeezed orange juice. More of a brunch then a lunch or breakfast. Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 06:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
I don't like poached eggs. Next?

Laughing..

I'll sign up for your site.

I don't know how I did that, but I am now there as dellapace, my longtime nyt username.

dellapace, the piazza with the totally great pizza.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 07:49 pm
No chopped liver, thank you, but if you don't want the poached eggs, osso, pass them my way.
I do recall, Tsarstepan, that you started something about the NCAA B-ball tourney a few days ago but there did not seem to be much follow-up or response. I started another one, but yours on the NY Times works well. You just need to hire a proven huckster who can drag players into the game. It could be a little late, though, even though the brackets only came out today.
We will see.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 08:05 pm
@realjohnboy,
Huh.

Tsar was first. You are a great huckster, rjb, you know I'm a fan. You two could be a team. I don't mind trying the nyt site.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 04:02 pm
@ossobuco,
I am in with Tsar's game on the Times' site. Kansas will beat Kentucky to take the championship.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 04:11 pm
@realjohnboy,
UCLA women lost to Stanford in the Pac 10.. oh, well.

I know nada about NCAA stuff in the present, all guessing. Have to read some more before I declare the winner. (I've probably already eliminated the winner in my NYT game scheme.)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 04:38 pm
@tsarstepan,

Okay. We are using the NY Times site this year. All you have to do is go to Tsar's link, register (painless and free) and then pick through the games. All the way through to the end when one team remains standing. It can take as little as a couple or 3 minutes if you, like me, know virtually nothing about college b-ball.
The deadline is around 7 PM ET (I suspect) on Thursday, March 18th, when the first games begin.
Remember that you have to pick all the way through to the end in one sitting.
You can go back to the Times' site after each day to see how you are doing or check back here for updates.
Please join us so that you can smugly say at the water cooler: "Of course, I had (Team A)." Or, smirking, "(Team B) was way over-rated."
ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 04:42 pm
@realjohnboy,
Oops, I only picked the first swath. Thanks!
I wonder what team I'll pick?

Nah, they only let me go to 64.

Uh oh.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 04:44 pm
oooh, maybe i'll play this one too, reverse my strategy and see which one does better
djjd62

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 04:48 pm
@djjd62,
guess it helps if you read the whole thread Embarrassed