49

How/why did bread and milk become "evil" foods?

1  
Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2016 02:55 pm
@ossobuco,
you could have called it a Ship's Biskit

HaraGreen

0  
Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 02:34 am
I'm not aware about it besides I grew up to know that both bread and milk are healthy foods for children. Perhaps, it is said so when taken too much.
coluber2001

1  
Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 10:22 am
@HaraGreen,
Half of American adults have prediabetes or diabetes. The main culprit is flour (both white and whole wheat ) and sugar.

According to a study in 2012, 86 million Americans have prediabetes and 29 million have diabetes.
Additional study data also revealed that up to 22% of African Americans had diabetes, compared to 11% among whites. Nearly 23% of Hispanics andkkg 20% of Asians were noted to have diabetes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/robertglatter/2015/09/08/50-percent-of-adults-in-u-s-have-diabetes-or-pre-diabetes-study-finds/amp/

1  
Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 03:01 pm
@coluber2001,
You might want to take a look then, at this thread I started a while back.

https://able2know.org/topic/351222-1

It hasn't gained any traction, but that's all right. I'm enjoying recording there occassionally, and going back and seeing my progress.

FYI, re my last post, I haven't gotten my blood work back from 4/6/17, I'll be talking about it when I do.
Another interesting side note. I had announced in Feb on that thread I had lost 10 pounds. When I got weighed at the doctors in April, 7 more pounds were gone. No effort on my part except stopping the carbs.

I would like to comment on the explosion of pre-diabetes in the U.S. People are ultimately responsible for their actions, but what I have seen is that physicians don't seem to have caught up with really talking with their patients.

Frankly, when my blood work as far as glucose went tits up, the sum total of advice I got from the physician I had last year was "Cut done on refined carbs and sodas" Even though I don't eat or drink either.

I have a new doctor this year, as I had to switch insurance. Within 30 seconds of walking into the room she profiled me and had made up her mind about how I lived every aspect of my life.

When I told her I had been on a keto style of eating since mid November I got a half dismissive look and a comment of "So if your A1C has improved, will you go back to eating normally and add carbs back in?" She was surprised when I said "HELL NO!" I'm sure I'm not even pre diabetic anymore, will know for sure soon, but I will always be insulin resistant from here on. Why would I go back to the behavior that put me in this situation?

So more and more people will soon be developing diabetes, going on drugs that increase insulin resistance, so they can take more drugs, and so forth.

chirchri

-1  
Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 08:07 pm
Boiled egg with milk and bread, the most healthy breakfast to start your day.