Dali Quixote silver bas relief info

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 01:16 pm
I'm new to this and hope someone can help me out! I have a Dali silver ltd edition Quixote bas relief (numbered I37-175) from Martin Lawrence Galleries and would like any info on the year it was issued and maybe some idea of its worth. Also, was this an international pressing-because of the 'I' in front of the edition number? Any info would be great-thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,632 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 02:44 pm
@evolvearoundme,
Did you want to try and sell it or simply need to add it to a home insurance policy? It's not worth enough to get separate insurance -- the policy fine print from insurance companies states in nearly all cases that they will pay the original invoice cost only. Otherwise, you'd have to ask your agent if you obtained a new appraisal, which will cost between $ 500. and $ 800., if you can add a rider for this specific piece of art. Appraisals are only helpful if you have a fairly large collection of art and antiques. This was before my time at Martin Lawrence and the laws not prohibit a publisher from reappraising any work of art. Where did you purchase it -- if from MLG, there would have been a Tirage and Certificate of Authenticity. The publishing date is anywhere from 1978 to 1984. You could go to E Bay and see if you can find one for sale although they have shied away from taking fine art in for sale after being burned several times. I don't know what that "I" indicates.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 02:46 pm
Here's a link where it's listed as sold:

http://www.artbrokerage.com/artist/dali/Salvador-Dali/sculptures/
0 Replies