Have you been to Wrigley Field in Chicago?

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 06:29 pm
I am online now watching live Wrigley Field entrance gate where the red board is hanging and see people and cars passing by the Wrigley Field from the comfort of my home . I came across the EarthCam webcam and checked out the live cam. Can you tell me on which building this EarthCam webcam is installed. Tell me please

boomerang

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 09:04 pm
@findingsolutions,
I used to live just a few blocks from Wrigley Field. I don't know exactly what you're looking at but I'll bet the camera is placed on one of the apartment buildings across the street from the stadium -- on Shefiled street between Addison and Waveland.

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 09:51 am
@findingsolutions,
For those of you who, like me, were wondering what the hell the EarthCam webcam is (is that the kind of thing that we're just supposed to know?), here's a link.

From the angle of the camera, it is evidently situated on the Sports World sporting goods store located on the southeast corner of Clark and Addison streets.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 10:17 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

From the angle of the camera, it is evidently situated on the Sports World sporting goods store located on the southeast corner of Clark and Addison streets.

Very correct - not that I remember it but
"the Cubs blog" wrote:
We now offer a live feed of the corner of Clark & Addison. This 24/7 webcam feed is being provided by EarthCam.com.

... and it's to be seen on the EarthCam website as well
http://i47.tinypic.com/rr14j5.jpg

And to answer the question: yes, I've been there: the above poster kindly introduced me there to world of .... what was that sport again ...
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 10:27 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
And to answer the question: yes, I've been there: the above poster kindly introduced me there to world of .... what was that sport again ...

Some charitable souls might call it "baseball."
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 10:47 am
@joefromchicago,
.... our local baseball team nearly got a new stadium close to us - but they didn't have enough (sponsor's) money ...
http://i50.tinypic.com/4t66tf.jpg
... so instead bats and cubs christmas trees are growing there Sad
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 11:11 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

Some charitable souls might call it "baseball."

Are you actually denigrating how the Cubs play, joefromchicago?
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 12:21 pm
@wandeljw,
Cub fans are allowed to gripe about the Cubs' performance. Sox fans are not allowed the same privilege.
wandeljw

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 01:12 pm
@joefromchicago,
Word!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 01:22 pm
@joefromchicago,

chisox fans are allowed to complain about the performance of the chisox however.

i mean, it's been what... 4,5 years since they last won a championship?
Gargamel

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 03:10 pm
@Region Philbis,
Oh ****, fightin' words!
0 Replies