Random thoughts from the moose cave.

Rockhead

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2013 09:28 pm
got my repair piece all trimmed out.

gonna wait to cut his hood until I can get my camera back from mr vw's. I had it over there to take pictures of his guitar to try and sell it. ('69 "the Paul")

I hafta run first thing in the morning and buy a starter for the big Ford truck. the parts jernt is a mile from his place.

think Ima just work on cleaning up some more space in the shop as my heat fades...
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 03:46 am
@Rockhead,
Exciting... And you will do and he will buy and there you go again.

Pork.... Gotta say I love that, heeps.... as one of well, the best...........tatas well it goes with it Smile
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 04:43 pm
@Rockhead,
Hey - you know about getting money for junkie old cars. I am going to scrap this van. I can't fix it. I can't pay someone to fix it....it is 13 years old and an Oldsmobile to boot.

what do I do?
Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 05:22 pm
@mismi,
B & S Car Crashers & Recycling
Selma AL
(334) 872-3410

call them and see what the local rules are.

you'll need the title, and a lot of them want a hole in the gas tank. (a big hammer and a punch makes that easy. have a bucket handy) (and first drain what gas you can out, it's expensive)

locally scrap is paying $160 to $180 a ton. you'll be at about 3500 pounds, I would guess.
mismi

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 05:54 pm
@Rockhead,
Thanks you...

Is that Junk My Car thing I keep seeing when I am researching this stuff a ripoff? Do you know anything about it?
Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 06:00 pm
@mismi,
probably someone like me buying them and getting paid for their troubles...

I hand out lotsa cards offering to buy junk cars.

sometimes it works...
mismi

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 06:01 pm
@Rockhead,
gotcha....they pay me though. According to them they would pay me $422 for the thing - and come pick it up for free.

What thinks thee?
Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 06:02 pm
@mismi,
if you can't move it to the crusher yourself, it sounds like a plan.

(you are closer to the main shredder, so your iron will pay more)

it's in Mississippi.
mismi

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 06:03 pm
@Rockhead,
Okey dokey.

Well...I will reseach a little more and make a decision. Smile

Thank you ((HUGS YOU))
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 06:06 pm
Quick OT...

Hi Rockhead. Here's the project I've been working on, in case you'd like to look and/or offer up any sage wisdom. Smile
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1949771&highlight=thatonedood%27s

...as ye were
Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 06:49 pm
@thack45,
I like my projects simpler and older as a general rule. but not always.

that kinda reminds me of my bonneville, but on a whole different price scale.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSypRX2CDcuXOmUa_Ft3WIkXROKvexPWhBwJ5MJCvUxh66Ple-V

(couldn't find one in black, so red it is)
Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 06:52 pm
got the Ford pulled outta the weeds and up to the shop where I have power tools available for use.

kinda glad I lost my girlfriend. (actually I know right where she is, and that is the problem)

I was able to cancel my fancy dinner reservations for tonight, which is a wonderful thing.

my direct deposit didn't happen today like it was s'posed to. again.

I woulda had to wash a lotta dishes before they woulda let us leave for the fun part...

oh well.

making anti-valentine pork cutlets and broccoli.

I need something green...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 06:56 pm
@mismi,
get a fair market value on it first and look into donating to a charity that takes cars. They'll scrap it (or turn it over to a wholesaler if it's worth anything) and you get to take the full fair market value as a charitable donation. Depending on your tax bracket a $3000(?) van will be a lot more than $422 and they'll come pick it up too.

Waves to all!
Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 06:59 pm
@JPB,
retail value is less than a grand on those dustbuster vans...

but still worth a look.

wholesalers won't want it...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 07:10 pm
got the shop stove fired up.

and my camera back.

gonna take a buncha photos, and then start cutting his hood apart.

very carefully...
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 07:20 pm
@Rockhead,
haha, older and simpler is for people who actually know what they're doing.

Shiny wheels aside, the price for parts really isn't terrible. Prolly more than Bonneville parts tho. You still have the Prelude?
Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 07:24 pm
@thack45,
yup.

I want to get the convertible out of my way before I pull it in the shop and put a new head on it.

less confusion and mess that way...

(I'm working on the truck in front of the shop.)

and it's cold...
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 07:37 pm
@thack45,
Respect man.
The most I've worked is oil pan replacement, and putting a skid plate for the oil pan. Off roading has its consequences. Laughing

I've got in mind a long term project. Buy a 82 300D and make it vegetable oil compatible... as well as some aesthetic mods.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 07:51 pm
I'll try and figure out how to post some photos of the hood surgery if there is any interest.

(my muse retired before I got that far in my photo instruction course)

this is about as fancy as I get doing cancer removal.

the hood will flex and flop until I weld the sub-structure back in. and it has to be back where it goes, or the curvature will be off and the hood won't fit.

I love my job...
aspvenom

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2013 07:55 pm
@Rockhead,
Please do. I'm interested.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 01:31:23