Random thoughts from the moose cave.

Rockhead

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 05:03 am
what's up, doc?

this one's gonna hurt...

I'm still verra sleepy.
on my second cup of earl grey with extra honey.

gonna need all the sweetness I can muster to make it through today.

that little throbby thing at the base of my skull is beating like bam bam rubble on the bongos...

might hafta use pharma to knock him down, I suspect.

gonna take a long hot shower first and then decide how dopey I gotta be today. but I don't wanna be grumpy all day...

the power of the shower is nothing to get all sneezy about. unless you're bashful...

oh well. as long as I can navigate the remainder of today with no major ripples, I'll be quite happy.

gonna try to make it a mirror mirror image of yesterday...
JPB

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 05:34 am
You've got this!
Rockhead

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 05:56 am
@JPB,
If I can swing it today, I may have a hella lot more.

got an official Century II parking pass yesterday. (mr vw is jealous)

and there is a rumble about work in the prop building department of the real theater people here in town.

long story best told when I'm not trying to eat scrambled eggs and toast.

all kindsa crazy about to happen, I think.

life is very circular...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 06:31 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
gonna try to make it a mirror mirror image of yesterday...

I hope it includes another lunch date Very Happy
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 04:42 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
your roof is not a high place.

Well - it is to me. I can't imagine being on a catwalk or one of those things you've been on - I'd probably puke fer sure.

Take care o' you.
mis
Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 02:32 pm
@mismi,
mismi

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 06:01 pm
@Rockhead,
That gave me the warm fuzzies.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 06:56 pm
@mismi,
I think that's the bud light...

Ima run over to snowplow guy's place whilst I have a little light.

he left a note that I found as I went for my eggs.

he has been trying to get his car to run without me and needs assistance with the carburetor.

he gets a gold start for reading the sign and not knocking...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 08:45 pm
and he's driving something else to go shoot at birdies tomorrow...

he will drive it over on monday for me to tinker with it, and I will run him home or let him use my truck. not sure yet how I feel aboot being Jack's rent-a-car...

got a lot on the old pea-brain right now...

conflicted I am.

I think I need to let it all settle a little so I can get some perspective on it...

tomorrow is mr vw's great guppy harvest.

and I am the celebrity chef as per usual...

Ima surprise him and take a truckload of my hanging and potted plants from my garden...

for the last coupla years I have made special cowboy grillers for the two of us.

this year he is buying the ingredients, and I have to make 8 of them. other folks were complaining, I guess, that they felt left out...

anyways by dark I will be mostly babysitting inebriated old hippies.

I can't think of a better way to forget my troubles and enjoy nature...
mismi

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 08:48 pm
@Rockhead,
Sounds lovely Very Happy I am serious
Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 09:53 pm
@mismi,
I was gonna go do a moonlight mow, but I thought better of it. I want to try and be at my best for tomorrow. it could get interesting before it's all over.

lotsa folks invited. every year someone surprising turns up that was not expected to...

I have decided that I have to see lion king. now I hafta decide if I wanna go alone.

Friday was a fun day onstage.

Thursday we spent the entire day putting down the floor over the existing stage. lotsa cool tricks built into the floor.

I was in charge of leveling the deck. (my shoulders hurt like hell now) I twisted a tool in little holes all day long until the laser hit it's target.

a guy came looking for me on Friday. said I was being recommissioned.

I ran a handheld bandsaw to modify some pieces onsite to fit our itty bitty stage.

after I did that, the engine piece for the motorized elephant graveyard scene died.

it runs on 4 huge deep cycle batteries.

and they were gonna hafta be changed...

since no one there had any previous experience with changing elephant bone batteries, I was elected.

one of the show regular boss guys acted as my assistant and we kicked it's ass. and corrected some design and previous bad installation errors while we were there.

Walt Disney owes me a thank you now...

but time flew as I was enjoying a challenge, and the show will go on as scheduled.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 10:44 pm
gonna take my happy pill and go tuck in my chickens. I let them free range today.

just like the goats, they love elm leaves. what's up with that...?

and Ima water a little bit in my garden under the moon...

mebbe gonna be 100 degrees again on Monday.

I vote no...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 02:08 pm
I'm over to mr vw's.

chopped down a buncha sunflowers and stuck them in gallon jars. and brought a half dozen potted plants. not near as much as I wanted to, but we have a mini heatwave going on...

I was gonna just cook and not eat, cuz I dint get around and get my special ingredients due to excessive lion king syndrome.

and I was short on funds.

but mr vw insisted I take a twenty and hit whole foods. we're gonna try some goat cheese...

and while I was there, I noticed that tico's mom is ordering some cereal. but they mis-spelled her name. I would guess that they have almost as much trouble with that as I do...

gonna chill out and chat with bob for a bit, then get my apron on and start grilling.

hope y'all are enjoying your weekends as well...
Rockhead

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 02:54 pm
coolness...

the live music is going. acoustic guitar and harmonica (one guy. think neil young)

record turnout...

I'm munching on carol's potato salad and a devil's egg.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 03:46 pm
oooops.

mr vw got the wrong cherry peppers. so now I am working to minimize the extry hotness...

party is going well.

the convertible top guy is here. we finalized our plans, and I apologized for my customers drunken crazy call last month. Rolling Eyes

he will not be allowed to call him from now on. period.

and I breathed a sigh of relief. cuz this is gonna be as much edumacation as labor.

I getta help...

chopping shrooms and chatting with bob again.

he's everywhere today...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 05:00 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
... and while I was there, I noticed that tico's mom is ordering some cereal. but they mis-spelled her name. I would guess that they have almost as much trouble with that as I do...

Her first name? Yeah, probably so.

The folks do like their granola.

Quote:
hope y'all are enjoying your weekends as well...

Cheers.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 05:01 pm
@Ticomaya,
both names, actually.

but I figured I would blow their mind if I corrected them...
mismi

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 05:38 pm
@Rockhead,
Sounds like fun! I am about to munch on my favorite food...pizza and beer.yum
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 05:38 pm
@Rockhead,
AND - It's bass season...twin b caught a 9 pounder today. fOf course our lake is a catch and release lake but wow...what fun. Twin a has caught a couple of 7 pounders. I have yet to do so....but my time IS coming.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 07:25 pm
@mismi,
I have a good bass recipe...

almost done grilling.

my cowboy grillers are all that's left...

I needa find bob.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.07 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 03:19:39