Random thoughts from the moose cave.

Rockhead

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 04:09 pm
gonna hafta get my shirt together.

one of my missed calls this morning was a theater call.

4 solid days of building the lion king at the round house...

coolness.

hakuna matata even...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEVczA8PLU
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 06:22 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
... at the round house...

21st Street? Or is there some other round house?
Rockhead

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 06:32 pm
@Ticomaya,
century two is about as round as it gets.

and is not named for a Koch brother...
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 07:38 pm
Hi Beth,
Been sooo hot it's been forever since I wore a long coat....soon though, very soon. My main coat is a wool frock, knee length...I love that coat, I'd fight a wildcat barehanded for that three yards of cloth.

RH,

Dude your Pliskin quote hits home more than you know...I have knocked on heavens door a few times since we last talked.

I'm feeling much better now, and very much like Vader, or the generic Steve Austin, if you get my drift...search for LVAD.

Steph
JPB

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 08:08 pm
@2PacksAday,
Good to see you posting again, 2packs.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 08:29 pm
@2PacksAday,
I have a wool coat just about like that, but my main coat is a tattered old clay smith jacket that George insisted I take for free a looooong time ago out in the desert....

got the shop all swept out. (that's how I start the work day. I work until I drop at night, so I clean up and survey where to begin again. mike finnegan)

got some stripper working around the decklid seal area. and in the doorjambs...

gonna take it slow and easy, but hope to be nearly done prepping the car in bare metal for the first coat of epoxy primer.

any paint job is only as good as the prep work underneath of it...

got a brick job on the horizon I might need some advice on. so don't go kicking the bucket on me just yet, yer honor...

my shop feels like a place where cool stuff happens now. not as clean and organized as it will be, but well stocked work stations that allow me to move on several fronts at a time. I got very spoilt in Tennessee, mike's shop made boyd's look poorly equipped. but it works for me to stay focused.

I'm working on snowplow guy's nissan cylinder head in between body work tonight. gonna take it to mr vw's and put a spark plug insert in it. somebody tore hell out of it while it was out for inspection...

gonna have to build it and install the damn thing some time this month. but then there will be no more greasy stuff to interrupt my body and paint adventures.

gotta decide what brand of plastic Ima use. it's all changed since I last laid and sanded mud on a car.

prolly stay with evercoat of some sort...
Rockhead

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 10:34 pm
the rising sliver of moon was a brilliant bunnt orange against the deep violet of the sunset...

my shop door faces some magnificent views, when I am out to see them.

got the tail almost all clean. working my way forward past the doors. lotsa work in the middle, and then the nose should go faster.

realistically my goal now is to be spraying paint this weekend, before I go play on stage for 4 days. that way it can rain, and I won't care...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 11:02 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
got some stripper working around the decklid seal area. and in the doorjambs...

That sounds very exotic. I thought they primarily worked on poles.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 12:11 am
@Ticomaya,
my guess is the italians get most of that action, but who knows...

I've had this stripper so long that the can is breaking down.

but I guess that is one of the hazards of the job. along with bad boob job scars, and leftover penis nose glasses, I suppose.

came in for a salad. I think I'm getting a cold. my lymph nodes are all jacked up...
McTag

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 01:08 am
@Rockhead,

Quote:
and leftover penis nose glasses, I suppose.

Yes, what do you do with those?
Rockhead

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 01:43 am
@McTag,
my guess is keep them away from your children...

done for the night. my fingers hurt from rubbing with steel wool. but I am almost down to just the sandblasting.

and then we crack open the paint.

gotta get to bed, tomorrow is gonna be one of those days...

smoky is getting special tests on a lump on his kidney. and gram is sick, too.

nytol...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 02:00 am
I almost forgot to call back and reserve my spot on lion king...

it is 4 eight hour days of loading in, then the show will play for a month. then we will do the out. probably all in one day, but I dunno...

tickets are not cheap, so if I don't get freebies, I won't be seeing the show. $75 to $170 for opening night...

http://www.wichitaboxoffice.com/search.php?eventName=Lion+King&loc=Century+II+Convention+Center&city=Wichita&state=KS&zip=67202

but 32 hours of union pay will sure help my grocery shopping out next month...
eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 02:26 am
@Rockhead,

No worries and don't be overdoing it with the strippers.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 05:03 pm
dang.

it's hot today...

mid nineties after being in the fiddies last night.

hard on my bones it is...

skipping family dinner tonight. not enough gas, and too much to get done.

verra sluggish so far...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 10:38 am
I have to go pick up smoky now.

then I think it's best that I take an a2k break for a while...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqs0ZAJngls&feature=fvwrel
eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 04:56 pm
@Rockhead,
Not to long a break I hope...... http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/thinking-009.GIF
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 08:56 pm
found out tonight that my neighbor to the north where I mow 2 properties has passed on. rosy...

I took her brother (my small engines guy) some food that smoky had that will spoil soon. he struggles to eat right. he's in honey bun heaven about now...

I need to get over there and decide what else I need to own. I have a mowing credit, and it needs mowed again, we have had 2+ inches of rain this week.

I may hafta fight for the oxy/acetylene bottles once I determine their actual ownership status. (they may belong to a lessor) and the torch set-up is junk.

not sure there is much else there that is worth what I'm owed...

and I told him I would help him try to set up a trailer and some tables for the big garage sale that the little town puts on every year.

got an almost constant headache of late. might hafta see the doc to refill my happy pills this month. they don't seem to work as good lately.

or maybe my stress levels are just through the firkin roof.

dunno...

smoky is temporarily in a nursing home in a little burg NE of here about 10 miles. he won't be able to swing it long term, and he still thinks he will come home.

I will abstain from voting and continue to do what I am asked...

I think it is possible that I am supposed to work in the morning downtown. I didn't save the message, and mr vw has me more unsure than when I started.

he works Tuesday. and says that he thinks that's the first day of work. but the dates I wrote down start at 27. makes no sense.

I think I gotta go down there in case. in the morning morning. and be viable if I do work. for 10 hours. starting at 9...

that's gonna suck big wind.

I won't be able to get a real answer until after 8. at which time I should be half way to town if I am working.

I guess gram gets a big morning surprise if I'm not...

and then a day of errands that need doing in town during the detested and rarely seen early morning hours.

Ima go feed the chickens...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 02:49 pm
lion king starts tomorrow.

but I got a lot done.

actually enjoying being me today...

finished up my surgery job over to mr vw's. he won't get paid for it for a while, but he insisted that I did such a bangup job on it that I needed to be paid now. (the customer laid another big mechanical list on him friday.)

I sliced a 2 inch square from the shift tunnel and took just enough to get the shifter bushing bracket and the rear mounting hole of the shifter.

and I spread old wool army blankets all over the white interior so we had no ohmygod moments... then lightly welded a donor bracket back in. dint even light the tar insulation on the floor up.

coolio.

now Ima go buy some gas and groceries so I can be a well fed and traveled stagehand for a few days.

and Ima drill and install a spark plug thread repair insert in snowplow guy's nissan cylinder head while I am over here at air cooled central.

carry on...
Rockhead

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 10:15 pm
home.

twas quite a day...

got my cylinder head fixed. didn't hafta use an insert, but I hadda ream out and clean up all 8 holes. (yes, it is an 8 plug 4 cylinder, just to be more fun)

it is ready for one last valve check, and then it can be added to the pile of useable pieces. then we start cleaning and reassembling the block and pistons.

I got the single ring that had him held up for 2 months. I hope that is all I need for parts.

next rainy day, Ima build it...

until then we are back on vert duty.

on Saturday.

tomorrow is a take it easy day before I try and pull 3 ten hour lion king days back to back to back...

I made spicy thai shrimps for mr vw and his visiting from alaska sister tonight.

mmmmmm, I can still taste it...
mismi

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 05:17 am
@Rockhead,
Things sound better. The shrimp sounds amazing. Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 07:25:56