Random thoughts from the moose cave.

Rockhead

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 05:57 pm
time for a chuckle. albeit a serious one...

one of the by-products of smoky's wild ride the other day, besides all the nice police officers I got to meet and shake hands with, was a prescription that I have to return.

not sure how it happened, but a good sign of the fuzziness I am involved with.

his insurance would not cover them, so he paid $54 and some change for a large dose of birth control pills.

yup.

and they sold them to an barely ambulatory 82 year old geezer with his diaper showing...
Rockhead

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 07:42 pm
and finally something good for me happens.

I called the granddaughter to update her on what I knew.

and ventured into the what if and where do I stand end of things...

she wants me to stay here for another year regardless of what happens with smoky.

the property is tied up in a trust, so no matter what, it is better occupied and cared for than empty.

one less thing to worry about as I keep sinking money into improving the shop...

gonna sand rusty sheet metal in preparation for a big priming adventure on Sunday.

gonna mix up some epoxy and shoot everything I can get ready. no more moving backwards...
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 07:49 pm
@Rockhead,
That is good news.
JPB

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 07:50 pm
@Ticomaya,
Yes it is.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 07:52 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
no more moving backwards...

that'd be a good tattoo

I wonder how that looks in Latin
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 07:55 pm
@JPB,
And he needs some good news, 'cause I'm fixin to come back and kick his ass this weekend in our baseball matchup.
JPB

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 07:57 pm
@Ticomaya,
heh
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 08:01 pm
marginal pitchers everywhere are excited at the thought of possibly being meek o'taniacs this week.

I think he got a volume deal from greyhound...
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 08:03 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

time for a chuckle. albeit a serious one...

one of the by-products of smoky's wild ride the other day, besides all the nice police officers I got to meet and shake hands with, was a prescription that I have to return.

not sure how it happened, but a good sign of the fuzziness I am involved with.

his insurance would not cover them, so he paid $54 and some change for a large dose of birth control pills.

yup.

and they sold them to an barely ambulatory 82 year old geezer with his diaper showing...

I hope the folks doing the dementia evaluation are aware of this.

This story alone tells a lot about his situation.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 08:29 pm
trying to keep the good karma flowing...

I called the kid who was in afghanist-hell and asked him is he wanted to come out with my 15th money instead of me driving to town. I thought mebbe he and his kid (visiting for the week) might want to bring the dog and spend some time sorting gasoline heater parts. he wants to purchase a second one, and I don't think I have 2 complete ones. they can sort it all out and decide what they want to pay for the second one. (he already bought the first one while he was away)

now I can stay home and work and play and get refinanced without serious interruption.

they enjoy the farm atmosphere, and I will enjoy a brief diversion.

I need to stay home a lot more for a bit...

it pays better than running hither and yon.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 08:39 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
I thought mebbe he and his kid (visiting for the week) might want to bring the dog and spend some time sorting gasoline heater parts.

That's my dream vacation, right there!
Rockhead

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 08:41 pm
@Ticomaya,
you can't buy one, you'd blow yourself up...

he had to sign a waiver, and I won't work on them.

he's pretty mechanical for a soldier...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 11:01 pm
got my welding cart all painted (flat black) and the real axle installed on it. I tapped it together with the spacers on it, and I won't even have to put any pins in it. it rolls super smooth on the big knobby mower tires.

I can go weld out on the rugged tundra now if needed...

and I found my 100 foot long 50 amp cord the other day. my range is all that I should ever need for the welder or plasma cutter. I mostly play indoors anyway. but you never know. some giant vehicle that won't fit in the shop may need fab work some day...

gonna throw on long sleeves and a mask and start sanding on the vert body.

I hate this part.

but I get to paint soon...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 01:23 am
done for the night.

I bought a roll of 150 grit discs. it's a trade off. the cleaning of metal goes faster, but later I will have to work to remove a buncha swirlie marks I will be cussing.

another couple days like the last two, and I will feel like I can see the end of this struggle.

I still hope to be priming the entire car sometime early next week.

once it is all in epoxy primer, there is no more backing up. it won't rust just from sitting any more. and I can work on one area at a time without the pressure of worrying about precipitation and a leaky roof...

my shop is prolly the best equipped it has been since my divorce.
several lifetimes ago...

not nearly the number or quality of hand tools, but the ability to tackle almost any type of repair and come out on top. and my mastery of fire is much more advanced.

got a line on an english wheel for sale cheap.

maybe if its still there when I get the vert all done and out of my immediate life...
McTag

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 03:13 am
@Rockhead,

This all sounds very nice.

There was a guy in this country with a disc cutter cutting open an oil drum, with the idea of making a big barbecue.

It blew up, and killed him. So take care.

btw what's an english wheel?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 08:26 am
@McTag,
Quote:
lets you fabricate compound curves on large pieces. Ideal for shaping, fabrication, smoothing dents or weld seams in fenders, hood and trunk panels.

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_19660.jpg

I think
mismi

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 03:06 pm
@Rockhead,
Ah. Like this days reading much better. ((Rock))

Rockhead

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 03:12 pm
@McTag,
I do some motorcycle gas tank work.

I always fill them up with water before I start. you can clean out the gookem inside after the welding and reshaping are over with...

I had a good friend that used to repair railroad tanker cars with a welder inside the tank. one day the guy that cleans them out in preparation for him screwed up.

it was incredibly ugly. but he survived...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 03:14 pm
@ehBeth,
yes, that is an english wheel.

but I could not abide the yellow. that would have to change before I could use it.

not a peaceful shop color...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 03:26 pm
@mismi,
Ima go make some scrambled eggs and toast. (using smoky's kitchen)

and return phone calls.

concert season is starting back up.

hoping for a wrestling call this week. I could use the bump that gives me...

gonna go visit smoky and get some more sand.

I think tonight is gonna be a blasting night...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 01:33:07