Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 02:33 pm
@Rockhead,
inadverdant huffing.

You need those brain cells dude. Get a fan. Wink
Rockhead

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:10 pm
@mismi,
the worst is over...

anywhere I try to vent it but out the exhaust fan will immerse smoky in fumes.

and the fan is like a hamster wheel needing oil...

the patch is hard cured, and all remnants of the job disposed of outside.

the glass bucket was about 175 degrees when I put it out. I mixed it hot. he has to sleep right next to it tonight...

I think we will be fine.

and I dint have to drag him out and around in the triple digit hell we are in...
Rockhead

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:13 pm
@mismi,
inadvertant would not best describe it.

when I was younger I even kinda liked it...

but it has a very sharp and distinct odor.

smoky has been pretty good about it. I cleaned a safe path to the other bathroom for the day. and told him to be extra careful, and no abandoning the walker...

it's a lot like having a verra large toddler...
Eva

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:19 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
...it's a lot like having a verra large toddler...

Yes, it is. My sister, the RN, says that taking care of old people is pretty much the same as taking care of new people.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 03:21 pm
@Eva,
except that my toddler smokes like a chimney, and swears like a sailor.

and still has that dang cane to shake about...
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 06:36 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
and I dint have to drag him out and around in the triple digit hell we are in...

You guys are hotter than we are.

Bwahahahahahahah ...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 07:21 pm
now I gotta go mow.

some dummy has been watering the grass...

but I hear he's good looking in a hermit sorta way.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 07:47 am
@Rockhead,
Quote:
except that my toddler smokes like a chimney, and swears like a sailor.

and still has that dang cane to shake about...

That kind of toddler totally cracks me up. Of course...I would try to persuade to cut the smoking out...but - swearing like a sailor is pure entertainment coming from old men and babies. It just is.

Hugs man
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 07:51 am
@Rockhead,
Ah yes, temper tantrums.

Perhaps he needs a time out. Laughing
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 02:31 pm
we've had problems with our electricity for a couple days now.

and my computer is firked up from the storms. (no rain to speak of)

back when things ease up a little...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 03:36 pm
now I truly have a headache...

smoky pushed until we had to argue, and then he got so mad that he swung his cane and put a big purple knot on my forehead.

and now I have a bruise above my knee.

cause I took his cane away and snapped it over my leg...

things are gonna hafta change.

or Ima be relocating...
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 03:47 pm
@Rockhead,
What happened to the home health folks? Aren't they supposed to be visiting him periodically so you can catch a break?

I don't know what I'd do without the backup from the team of visiting nurses that BBB has. They've helped to diffuse many situations.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 03:19 am
@Rockhead,
I'm upset big time. He HIT you! (Muttering dirty words.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 06:05 am
@Rockhead,
awww jesus murphy

where are those home health people?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 04:14 pm
In case you haven't considered it, this might be a partial solution for Smoky that also gives you a break so you can switch back to your work at night without fretting about Smoky during the day.

http://www.seniorservicesofwichita.org/meals_on_wheels_wichita.html

Highlights from the Meals on Wheels site:

Quote:

Meals on Wheels delivers much more than just a well-balanced meal. It also delivers:

A friendly face - Volunteers enjoy delivering meals, and meal recipients enjoy the daily contact with those volunteers. For some, the Meals on Wheels volunteer may be the only person a homebound senior might see each day.

Peace of Mind - Children, other family members and friends of homebound seniors rest assured that if they cannot check up on the senior each day, the Meals on Wheels volunteer makes sure that everything is all right.

Independence - Meals on Wheels allows seniors to remain in their own homes and in their own neighborhoods rather than in assisted living facilities or nursing homes. It allows them to remain as independent as possible for as long as possible.

Who is eligible for Meals on Wheels?

Applicants must be Sedgwick County residents age 60 or over. They must be homebound, unable to attend a Good Neighbor Nutrition Site, unable to cook for themselves and have no one regularly available to cook for them.

Limited funding is available to serve persons under 60 who have physical disabilities that keep them from preparing meals for themselves.

Eligibility is not based on ability or inability to pay.

How do I apply?

Call 267-0122 to schedule an assessment. Referrals for service can come form virtually any source: doctors, social workers, neighbors, relatives or friends. Or you may call to set up service for yourself. A Senior Services social worker will visit with you in the home to determine eligibility and to explain the program.

Frequently Asked Questions about Delivery

When are meals delivered?

Meals are delivered between 10:00 a.m. and 1 p.m.
You must be at home to accept the meal. Meals will not be left outside or with neighbors.
Please call ahead of time if you know you are not going to be home to receive a meal.
Meals are not delivered on weekends except to those considered most frail and at risk of institutionalization. Clients receive frozen or shelf stable meals for holidays during which there is no regular delivery.

Can I receive Meals on Wheels only for a little while?

Yes. Most Meals clients receive meals on a permanent basis, but some clients apply for meals only for short periods. People recovering from hospitalizations for example, may ask for meals for only a few weeks.

Who pays for Meals On Wheels?

While all recipients are encouraged to donate toward the costs of meals, no one is denied service based on income. The program is partially funded by federal, state and Sedgwick County resources as well as United Way of the Plains. The program depends on private contributions for the remainder of its operating costs.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 03:42 pm
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/185947_451221718244107_1872292660_n.jpg
Rockhead

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 03:54 pm
@ehBeth,
that doesn't look to be air conditioned.

new tractors are as comfortable as your car...

and cost a quarter of a million dollars.

I'm still in a very foul mood.

it's been 110 or so every day.

and smoky is very firkin grouchy...
ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:01 pm
@Rockhead,
Is it realistic for smoky to live at home?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:19 pm
@ehBeth,
if he can show some appreciation, respect, and cover my monthly bills while I care for him instead of work.

we are having clean out the vegematables in the fridge chinese chicken tonight.

I didn't put it up for a vote...

I am almost done renovating his bathroom.

things should ease up a little then...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 06:21 pm
he's eating the chinese food happily. unknowing of all the extra veggies that got chopped in...

Ima rest and then go cut holes in the tileboard for the faucet openings.

I want to get it glued on, and caulk the other two walls before it's his bedtime.

then I will clean up the kitchen, set the sprinklers, and go try to work on a convertible for a few hours...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 11:34:27