mismi

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 06:16 pm
@Rockhead,
yep...no clue what that is. Smile

I am missing your goats too.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 06:24 pm
@mismi,
if I figger it out, or find my camera cord, I'll let you know...

I transplanted a coupla sunflowers today. got 'em propped up and being sprinkled. they are kinda delicate after they get over 6" or so. these are two footers. got 'em in a tomato cage.

there are hundreds of them here this year. my two biggest are over ten feet now...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 06:27 pm
@mismi,
Ima go jump on the mower and hand out business cards to potential goat spotters.

mebbe one of them will need something made from metal. ya never know...
mismi

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 08:39 pm
@Rockhead,
You never know. Very Happy

Going to bed. I am beat. I don't know how you do what you do!
Nitey Nite!
Rockhead

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 10:17 pm
@mismi,
sheesh...

I mowed smoky's yard (I did mine last night.) then I cut down the big evergreen that was blocking his front door so I can build a new porch this weekend so we are handicapped accessible.

then I decided I had enough gas in the tank to mow the empty lot next door.

now I'm tired.

gonna make me a bbq pork sammich and some tots, and go slam some brakes on my truck. they finally went metal to metal yesterday...
McTag

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 02:22 am
@Rockhead,

Quote:
then I cut down the big evergreen that was blocking his front door so I can build a new porch

On YouTube or somewhere I saw a guy who did it in the opposite order: he built a new covered porch then cut down the tree, thereby demolishing it again.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 06:47 am
@Rockhead,
brakes are an excellent idea

I miss the goats!
mismi

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 08:20 am
@ehBeth,

Yeah...metal to metal is not good. I hate it when I do that. We do it so often because of our big hill we live on. Gets expensive it does.

Quote:
I miss the goats!

Me too. I feel like I've lost something. Cracks me up.

Uh...Rock....get the goats home so I can stop worrying. Wink
Rockhead

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 08:25 am
@mismi,
$14...

and an hour.

I wish I could do more brakes, but the nearest hill is 100 miles away...

the sheep people were not home again. Ima try them as I go to town. I'm going over to the salvage to take parts off'n my old truck for this one.

I hope to come out of it with A/C...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 11:20 am
this has been like pulling teeth. grizzly bear teeth even...

watered, been over to the next town to hit the bank (no mask) and back here to get reconnected to the world.

I hate when I forget it's Saturday.

now I have a clean white car t-shirt with the sleeves freshly removed, and I am going over to shmooze at the car show in the heat.

but I'm not staying all day.

gotta come back here and rip into my truck.

many areas to be fixed before Monday.

still maybe A/C...
mismi

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 02:55 pm
@Rockhead,
What is a clean car t-shirt?

Very hot today. G baby had a paintball party to go to. He came home as limp as a noodle. AC revived him thankfully. He is back to ripping and romping.

S and the Prof are fishing and I am about to remove the car battery from the Pilot and take it up to Auto Zone. It ain't working no more. I made sure the battery cells had water and tried to jump it off three times. No luck.

pooh.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 03:56 pm
@mismi,
from my days as a constant car show participant I have dozens of cool t-shirts with an automotive theme. some of which have still not been worn, so as to have something nice and stylishly me to wear when an appropriate event arises. all I had to do was remove the sleeves.

today was such a day, and I received three compliments on my attire. (a shirt from a local speed shop, but I bought it in Cali years ago. because I knew the owner, and how often can you buy a Kansas shirt in Cali...?)

I really want a straw fedora, but no funding for it. so I went bareheaded. and got sunburned.

now I'm home. and hot. and worn out. but they handled the publicity nicely, and I handed out almost 200 cards. (130 went into participant gift bags)

and I reconnected with my friend the cool shift knob guy. his kid is getting ready to drive. he was 16 when he started coming into the speed shop with his father when we first met. 20 years ago. and I still have his 57 chevy drawing framed on my wall from when he wanted his car welded on, but had no money.

and I have an appointment with the convertible top guy. I want to become his apprentice until I am a convertible top guy. he likes the idea...

gotta go move the sprinkler, I have transplants going in the 100 degree heat. stupid me...
mismi

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 05:26 pm
@Rockhead,
Gotcha....the fedora would be so cool.

I am about to hit my happy hour. Haven't had one of those in a while. I may come back and post later. In the mood to tipple and post. Razz
mismi

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 05:33 pm
@mismi,
Oh and I got the new battery in. Now the Silhouette is stuck at the park where the Prof and S were fishing. The gear shift is moving up and down and doesn't seem to be connected to the transmission anymore. I wonder how much that will cost to fix? I HATE cars right now. If we lived somewhere where there was suitable public transportation I would be all about getting rid of the stinking things.

But - I love the AC in them. Hope you get that soon.

Goats?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 05:35 pm
@Rockhead,
I wish I'd known about the need for a fedora earlier today. Coulda picked you up one for $3.50 (sale and my birthday coupon worked to my advantage - big time)
Rockhead

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 05:35 pm
@mismi,
I'm gonna be in and out.

waiting for it to cool off, then Ima open up my truck and do mid-major surgery...

I have no chase car, so I'm hoping I have everything I need to get in and out and back on the road. the crispy kid nixed me taking smoky's car to fix his A/C. I'm not up to playing firked up family games except in my own firked up family.

I was gonna fix it for free, but I think that impulse has been quashed...

moving my sprinkler around. my garden is rocking hard with the assistance of some rainfall.

10 foot sunflowers already. and 18 inch elephant ears...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 05:36 pm
@mismi,
it's a simple cable that shifts it. have him pop the hood and look right behind the motor at the trans. it's in a bracket...

(he may be able to shift it manually and get home.)

I can talk you through replacing it...
Rockhead

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 05:39 pm
@ehBeth,
gram has a hat that used to be my grandfathers she said I could have, but I will have to look at it and see if it has any pizazz...

some of his stuff was rather dowdy. lots of leisure suits and western square dance shirts.

kinda not me...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 05:40 pm
@mismi,
no goats.

gonna go try and see the scary sheep people in a bit...
mismi

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2012 05:41 pm
@Rockhead,
That is awesome Rock. I would love to take care of that myself. I love that van. It is 13 years old but it is the best old thing. I feel like I abandoned a family member at the park. So sad.

Speaking of goats. I smell like one. I have been laboring in the heat!
Gonna go shower. Be back in a bit. Razz
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 03:16:14