Random thoughts from the moose cave.

Rockhead

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 07:38 pm
Ima throw on my sweat pants and go water. (gotta clean out the chicken cages and give them fresh food and water, too)

the skeeters are worse than the heat, and I'm already ate up enough.

got some salad to have with dinner. not enough green stuff lately.

gonna put some of my cherry tomatoes in it. I have a handful a day now...
Rockhead

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 07:41 pm
@ehBeth,
I'd guess any bicycle shop. they don't look that complicated.

mr vw's brother that passed away worked at the local bike shop for a long time. he was gonna help me do some neat stuff with my trike. like making it a 5 speed...

maybe some day.

right now I'm kinda itching to play with my 55 ford.

after the vert is done...
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 08:13 pm
@Rockhead,
Glad to see you are putting something besides tater tots and noodles in that tummy. Smile

I have gotten eaten up by the mosquitoes as well. We lost our tournament. Made it into the last bracket though. Player the number one seed and had them chasing us for the majority of the game. But they found their bats and started smacking the heck out of the ball. I am so proud of the boys though. Big hearts they have.

Hugs you all
mis
Rockhead

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 09:05 pm
@mismi,
I gotta admit, tater tots and noodles are my staples at the moment.

we're gonna work on the budget a little this week, I hope...

by the way, the kids are in T-ball.

I couldn't imagine anything before or more annoyingly boring than that.

we started of with 3rd graders throwing to us as 1st graders...

no fear.

ok, maybe a little, but I didn't show it.

and I was the only 1st grade catcher...
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 02:15 am

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCP7BSu8LHw0qt23Zt2OrISSgYdlHDN5WAAg1JhvHSu_eshBTX

http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2006/08/10/conference_bike.jpg
Rockhead

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 02:46 pm
@McTag,
that desperately cries out for multiple cup holders...

what a weird day this has been.

went to pick up the 4x4 from the "good" mechanic the tranny guy designated.

he changed out the shitty detent cable for a factory one, and cleaned up the mechanism in the pan that was jacked up like I said it would be, and it still has a transmission problem.

he is gonna take it over tomorrow to the transmission guy and tell him it has to come back out. cuz I would get in an argument and we would get nowhere...

so anyways, that's not the weird part...

I dint have a way back outta there (it's 20 miles into farm country from the ranch) so he had a teenage kid that was hanging out and said he was headed back toward my part of the state. if I wasn't in a hurry. he had to stop at John Deere for some tractor stuff.

(I will be going there from now on for my hardware, it is closer and cheaper than town)

anyways, as he warmed up and we got to talking a little bit, he has a 68 Dodge Coronet that he is trying to build.

he has $3000 to spend, and wants to give it to me...

for a motor build (already on a stand, no install) and rust removal and reconstruction. mostly rear lower quarters that I may have to hand build. and a fender crotch.

we start as soon as the vert is done...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 04:53 pm
hmmmm.

this may be the first day of a better part of my life...

the kid is in a hurry, he's been saving cash all winter. (he's a farm kid, studying farming at K-state)

so we are gonna start with the motor instead of the rust...

I can do a motor on the side while I work on the vert. and this may be the best motivation to get it done. the opportunity to start back in with street rods and muscle cars.

gonna go brush up on my Mopar knowledge.

after I go find my goats...

Rolling Eyes
ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 05:12 pm
@Rockhead,
it all sounds like something out of a James dean movie

cool eh
Rockhead

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 05:15 pm
@ehBeth,
he had goats?

Shocked

I bet his got out all the time, too...
ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 05:19 pm
@Rockhead,
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30400000/James-holding-a-goat-james-dean-30483274-250-363.jpg

who knew eh
Rockhead

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 05:22 pm
@ehBeth,
I can't see it, but I believe ya...

Ima put some long pants on and grab a feed bucket. Ima take the mower and go follow the trail of goatie pebbles.

goats can't walk without pooping...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 05:27 pm
they went out the back way this time, Ima have to mow a path to the back fence,

they are prolly munching on milo and if the farmer finds them first, my name might be mud...

or worse.

IOU...
ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 05:28 pm
@Rockhead,
you've got some training to do with those kids eh
Rockhead

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 05:31 pm
@ehBeth,
I've got some fencing to do.

I'm not qualified to parent them...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 05:32 pm
ok, I'm off to be a goatherd.

on a riding mower.

with a popsicle...

Oh,

and if you see George (the latin one) be real nice to him.

he's having a really tough week at the fantasy baseball park right now...
Rockhead

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 06:37 pm
hmmmm.

this may be tougher than expected. they don't come when I call them...

damn goats. and damn neighbors with wild growing acreage, (actually that is part of what I like about the place)

I hadda come ditch the mower and get another popsicle...

damn heat.

anyways, the show promoter (the one for the trophy) called and wanted to talk. he's a former customer from a while back when I ran the parts joint.

he loves the trophy and is wanting to make sure I get some pub for it this time around.

I gotta gotta gotta go get stuff to do my cards tomorrow. while I am taking smoky to see the hip surgeon. he has abnormal pain and no progress. again...
ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 06:38 pm
@Rockhead,
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWpZKAHTaJYL_9TE-hqth_of0s_avIkx58xiVelyT_la1cTzN_9cHno6Y0
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 07:08 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
I gotta gotta gotta go get stuff to do my cards tomorrow. while I am taking smoky to see the hip surgeon. he has abnormal pain and no progress. again...

Make sure that when they look at the x-rays that they are also looking at the whole hip and not just the new hardware.

The first trip to the ER with BBB after her hip replacement a couple weeks ago, they just looked at the hardware and said everything looks fine. I then started telling them about her osteoporosis and the crumbling bones her surgeon encountered during her knee surgery last year and asked if it were possible that her hip bone was crumbling. The ER doc went back and looked at the x-ray again and noticed for the first time the missing bone chip along the edge of her hip bone.

The medical term they are using is an avulsion fracture.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 08:57 pm
@Butrflynet,
Another site for you to look at:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/154078-a-trochanteric-fracture-of-the-hip/
Rockhead

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 10:52 pm
@Butrflynet,
thanks, I'll try to look them over in the morning before I rush out.

still no goats...

and I got other things to deal with for now. I put the word out to my neighbors. (the kid with the Coronet, his family actually owns the land north of where I mow. a cattle spread with tenant farmers on it) the two lots between us are currently unoccupied.

still gotta carry 20 gallon of water, boil a shower and shut down the shop.

morning is gonna come real early tomorrow...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 07:21:27