Random thoughts from the moose cave.

Rockhead

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 02:01 am
this will be interesting...

I finally found time to work on my truck. no, I don't have taillights yet. but I am hitting solidly on all 8 cylinders now, and all my wires are run in factory holders so they don't short out. my gas mileage was horrific...

and in a few hours, I gotta get up so I can pick gram up from the doctor. she always tries to get the first appointment of the day. she thinks if I just start getting up at sunrise I would be normal.

I wish it were that simple. but I will be there in the morning, like it or not. Ima bring a coupla extra pain pills in case I start to bottom out, but I should be ok. I don't hafta turn around and do it again tomorrow, since I got bumped offa Tom Petty...

maybe tomorrow night I can do the lights.

gotta crash now...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 08:46 pm
dang.

my body clock is all screwed up now. I hadda lay down with dink for a catnap even.

and we set a record high today. this bodes ill...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 04:46 pm
OK.

I gotta get my camera working...

filled the bird bath while I was watering my flowers, and was no more than 4 feet away when a robin dropped in for a bath. and a cardinal was drinking outta the middle pond.

my bog iris bloomed, bright yellow, and mr vw finally gave me some cattails...

smoky's iris out front are big as softballs, and all shades of purple and yellow...

I will try to take some pics tomorrow before I go meet smoky for a doctor visit.

been modifying my scrap trailer.

it is a former stock trailer that has been cut off and made into a normal trailer. I am modifying it to haul livestock again when I want, and junk when I need it...

and fixing the floor. and walls. and lights...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 07:44 pm
busy day here at the ranch.

got the aries wagon outta the field and onto the tow dolly. my hand winch modification rocks...

gonna take it to the crusher as I go to see smoky and his doctor tomorrow.

goat money it will be. and a car insurance payment...

gonna start the smoker, and go back to working on my goat trailer.

Earache told me today that for a guy that doesn't work for a living, I sure work awfully hard...
ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 07:47 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

busy day here at the ranch.

good to see this Very Happy
Rockhead

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 07:52 pm
@ehBeth,
I'd rather have been working the Tom Petty concert like I was s'posed to.

I decided I hadda do something to offset the loss of income.

that wagon has been where my goats are going since I yanked it outta behind the cabin to dig the pond...

I was not so good early, but I slept till I wanted to wake up. that helps some.

tomorrow will be another busy one.

I also dropped in to tell the tranny shop what I expected on mr smowplow's 4x4.

They needa get it right this time...

and I got my 220v plug in for to make the welder work. sparky swears he will come over tomorrow.

I'm betting against...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 07:57 pm
my goal is to stop eating late.

trying to get my fish done before the 10 pm cutoff I gave myself...

my garden is beautiful in the morning, but I rarely get to see it.

gonna try and work into getting up before 10...
Rockhead

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 09:06 pm
@Rockhead,
it's gonna be 10:15. but it's gonna rock.

tilapia, and grilled asparagus and a baked tater.

gotta fuel up so I can get everything done tomorrow. I don't stick to a schedule verra well yet.

but I'm getting a lot done just the same...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 02:25 am
morning is gonna come real early tomorrow.

got involved in cleaning out the wood shop side of the shop. sparky bitched about no room to work (the fuse panel and compressor are in that room. now he can finish without all the lip.

boiling up a shower. at least Ima go bed clean...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 10:39 am
not gonna make it to the crusher before I go meet smoky at the heart doc.

I'll hafta unhook and come back for it later. I have until noon tomorrow to get it there. I have a tire that won't hold air long enough to get there. I'll hafta take it off and fix it before I can tow it off.

and it looks like rain...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 10:54 am
the overnight thumber and dummy account were at it again last night

'swipe
Rockhead

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 04:25 pm
@ehBeth,
urf...

I need a lump day, and there is not one available.

and I hate people.

as a group they suck...

for all of their phone calls and reminders and crap, I got there twenty minutes early, just in time to see the bus pulling outta the parking lot.

apparently they can't drop them off without a family member present unless the bus driver is in a big ass hurry...

I called bullshit, and am now a little less popular with some of the staff.

I need some noodles. I didn't get time to eat before I left, and it's kicking my ass now...
farmerman

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 05:45 pm
@Rockhead,
I will remind you that May is International "respect for XChickens " month.

We should let our egg laying girls know that we appreciate them.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 05:46 pm
I'm noodled up.

and in a fuzzy fog.

but I gotta go change a tire off'n the victim car so I can take it in. I hope I have a 14 inch tire in my almost dead pile that will go 20 miles...

I know I don't have a good one, and if I did, I wouldn't crush it. they are getting harder to find nowadays.

all kindsa crazy 22 and 24 inch stuff going on now. my machine won't do them, even if I would...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 06:05 pm
@farmerman,
my chicks aren't even zygotes yet...

I'll roll one for your girls, how's that?

do your XChickens participate in any extreme chicken sports events or are they amateurs?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 09:11 pm
@Rockhead,
People's is hard to take sometimes...but after all...you are one too. Wink Take a deep breath and a step away (much as you do) and start over with us all when you are able. Very Happy

I totally get it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 09:13 pm
@Rockhead,
yup

asswipes
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 09:29 pm
Me and earache decided to hell with sparky and his bad attitude. we wired up the 220v plug, and started playing with my new welder.

hadda clean some contacts, and lube some stuff, but...

it works nicely nicely.

got my trailer inside the shop so tomorrow when I get back from the crusher I can finish fixing on it.

not gonna force anything more tonight. gonna eat some scrambled eggs and go water.

then crash hard.

up before ten so I can get to their bank by noon...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 01:29 pm
whoooosh...

made it to the bank with time to spare. actually it was 2 minutes before noon, so not a lot of time to spare. but it still counts.

mr vw ran me off. I got too much energy for his liking today. I was making him tired watching me. I feel healthy so far today. got my turbo all spooled up and ready. gonna go dive into my goat trailer in the shop.

it's kinda cool to have space enough to work on two big projects at once.

this will be critical in the future...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 05:26 pm
ahhhhh.

there is little I enjoy as much as playing in my shop with my own toys fixing up my own stuff...

welding stake pockets to my trailer for my goat cage.

gonna be sweet...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 09:31:23