Random thoughts from the moose cave.

Rockhead

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 08:05 pm
@ehBeth,
several parts of me are working on lizard power.

no partying to be done, but Ima go food shopping with a vengeance next week...

and next week the vert gets at least 30 hours. it needs to leave so I can take on a new project. or start on the old truck. (still in the running for the Chevy. one reason $$ are on hold)

I still feel like there is a great big truck attached to my ass...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 08:15 pm
I did stop and dig up stuff to transplant from mr vw's.

more rosy sharons, some trumpet creeper, and lotsa vinca.

I got it all in the ground and watered. there is more rain coming, it was a wonderful day to transplant. so I made myself do it before falling down...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 10:59 pm
odd thoughts from the journey...

I have lotso snacks leftover, but almost no chocolate left...

I'm pretty sure I overdosed on country music.

had I not found the X as we crossed into Kansas, I was on the verge of emotional distress excess. a shot of Kashmir cured me. it's sad that the best radio station in Kansas is so far away into nowhere that it's half in Misery...

Missouri still has the worst roads in the country. and the cheapest gas. followed closely by Oklahoma in both categories.

gas stations that stay open way late think that folks up at that hour are stupid enough to pay 30 cents a gallon over the going rate. and a lot of us are...

We were not seated for 5 minutes in the restaurant before I heard a southern belle request someone to kiss her grits. after 6 years apart from the saying, I still found it annoying...

it's midnite now, and I should be asleep.

nytol...
mismi

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 05:35 am
@Rockhead,
Please....that was no southern belle that said "Kiss my grits". Southern Bell's are much more subtle than that.

Razz

Baseball last night. My boys have been hot since last week. But seriously we have had 5 games this week. I had to keep the official book and the team book last night and got to listen to a mom on the other team talk about how great their team was and point out every error we made. My jaws were killing me by the end of the game....BUT we beat them 12-6....so I didn't have to say a word. I just smiled and told her, "good game".

They swept the double header we had earlier in the week - 13-7 and 17-6. My boy - the pitcher - has an ERA of 3.3. He has a mean curve and what he calls a "cutter". We try to get him to lay off of them...just because he is 12 years old and we don't want him to over use that arm. But he doesn't listen mostly. My other boy is smacking the heck out of the ball - batting at Six forty something.

G-baby had an amazing catch and throw to first for a double play and had 3 for 4 in batting.

Have I told you I LOVE little league baseball?
I suppose it's a good thing since we are consumed with it right now.

Hugs. Glad you're back.
mis
Rockhead

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 11:30 am
@mismi,
I miss little league. when I lived in Indiana, the local field was across the street. (park up in the drive, or your car might catch a foul ball)

In high school I hit 3 parked cars one season...

got a call from the organizers of the local VW show. they want me to do the motor trophies again. this time I will get free advertizing for my trouble.

but...

that means I hafta figger out what to call the new edition of the business...

taking serious suggestions.

I s'pose I'm taking any suggestions, serious or not...

gotta get dressed and go start my day. it's gorgeous out.

and go to whole food. I'm outta noodles and bread...
Rockhead

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 02:31 pm
I stopped in at mr vw's to make a bowl of noodles.

halfway through my day of missions. still gotta go take smoky some clothes (I washed his stuff last night before I fell down) and some chicken soup to gram. she's under the weather now...

and then Ima try and stay mostly home this weekend and get some stuff done at the ranch.

awesome weather today.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 02:58 pm
OK. noodled up...

off to take care of old folks for a while.

you need to get some sun...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 03:59 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
new edition

this was an earworm I really didn't need

take care of yourself eh

(so what was the old edition called?)
Rockhead

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 07:32 pm
@ehBeth,
quality auto repair.

kinda thinking about reusing an old name I operated under. about 20 years back or so...

mr vw liked it, but he isn't a great judge of all things media.

Classic Restorations was the name.

thinking mebbe Classic Restorations & Custom Metalworks.

dunno.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 07:36 pm
got me another chicken. and popped a tater in to bake. not got enough left in the tank to cook...

smoky was glad to see me. his eyes lit up when I walked in and plopped a cup of contraband coffee on his tray. we went outside so he could light up.

and I brought gram a frosty from Wendy as I stopped in with her soup. we are plotting to cut down her ugly little tree that the hatchers bought her last year. (they are on a cruise) that will be fun. gonna use the axe so it takes longer. lotsa frustrations in that tree...

big storms rolling in. might be an exciting night...

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 10:06 pm
G'day, Rocky.

Doing a bit of catch-up reading about your recent doings after having had only limited A2K time this week.

Things are sounding pretty good with you.
Have I got that right? Smile
Rockhead

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 10:53 pm
@msolga,
things are much better than they have been of late, yes.

still got a ways to go before I am normal like the rest of you.

but I don't feel like I'm racing to stay in front of the train any more...
mismi

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 07:22 am
@Rockhead,
baseball again - 3 games - 2 parks.

Hugs you all.

Hoping to be back to play this afternoon...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 07:28 am
@Rockhead,
Custom Metalworks has got to be in there somewhere ...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 07:29 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
before I am normal like the rest of you.

hehehehehehehe

<back .... still laughing>

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 07:30 am
what's normal?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 08:09 am
@Rockhead,
Quote:
things are much better than they have been of late, yes.

Very good to hear, Rocky.
Yay! Smile
Quote:
still got a ways to go before I am normal like the rest of you.

Ha!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 01:01 pm
ugly weather day...

not a lot of rain yet, but it's out there.

my phone died before the alarm happened. so I missed my deadline to put money in the bank.

now I gotta go to town and find a place to pay my phone bill. I don't think they will allow me the whole weekend.

at least when it's dead, I don't have to listen to it ring as they call and tell me to pay them...

still stuck in low gear just yet. wishing I had a hot shower to get me started.

soon, I think we work on running water...

gonna make some noodles and see if I can pick up speed.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 04:43 pm
I got 2nd gear, but that's it today.

got all my sensitive plants over in the safe zone. it's looking uglier by the hour now. but nothing like they are getting in Iowa...

officially calling one of Boida's lump days today. been weeding the garden a bit.

gotta decide what's for dinner tonight. still needa do the big shopping spree thing...
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 05:10 pm
@Rockhead,
Weather channel is saying there is now a wedge tornado on the ground near Langley, KS.

Might be time to think about heading to your fraidy hole. They're saying that the central KS area has a 9 out of 10 chance of seeing tornadoes well into the night.

Good luck to you and yours and the critters.

Winds are wild here in ABQ too, 25 to 30 steady with gusts expected around 45 to 50, and we're supposed to be in the low 30s overnight with a possibility of snow. All my tomato plants have their armor on. The peach tree may loose all the little budding peaches. I tied up as many of the branches as I could to give them a fighting chance.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:31:31