Random thoughts from the moose cave.

Rockhead

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 07:13 pm
smoky was moved to a rehab hospital today. glad I was there to smooth out the ruffles...

there are a ton of folks making big money off of medical insurance. and a lot of paperwork that I am not related enough to really do...

stopped and got me another chicken.. gonna eat something so my brain works right, and figure some crap out.

still cold and wet and dreary...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 04:48 pm
staying near home today...

the sun finally came out. lost both my outer layers in a hurry.

dumped a big load of brush out back in the pasture, and went next door to get a free chair. prolly gonna be a replacement for smoky's old worn out recliner. I don't really have a need for it, and if he'll take it, it's an upgrade for him. nice wooden frame rocker...

ear ache is gonna come over in a bit and drink some of my beer. and help unload the chair and load up a couple three old junk riding mowers.

gonna roll before noon tomorrow and go make some more cash. I'm running low again...
mismi

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 05:38 pm
@Rockhead,
So enterprising.

I find that very cool about you Rock.

You say your chickens arrive in June?

How was the goat cheese? Or was it milk?
Rockhead

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 05:43 pm
@mismi,
I've not made a sammich with it yet.

tummy is in a grey place, so I been playing it safe while I labor like a healthy person. bought a fan$y turkey breast, but I wanna be hungry and ok at the same time. maybe tomorrow...

I passed on the blue man thing. it's not at the big arena (less pay, more work) and I'm mighty busy making cash that I don't wait a month for.

I'll still do Miranda next week though...
mismi

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 05:44 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
I'll still do Miranda next week though...

Well of course you will. Wink

Anyway - I hope you can have the goat cheese. That is some good stuff. Love it I do.

Gotta run. The brood will be coming in hungry soon!

hugs!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 05:47 pm
@mismi,
I've collected tools and equipment to make the most of the present economy here.

If I don't backslide, I should recover financially before the year is out. I still have a lot of equipment I need to buy before it all works together the way I want...

knock on my door, gotta go get a beer ready...
mismi

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 05:49 pm
@Rockhead,
Have fun!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 06:26 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
gotta go get a beer ready...

here ... let me help

http://mouthwateringsf.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/beer.jpg?w=600

have fun
Rockhead

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 08:31 pm
@ehBeth,
this beer for labor deal works pretty good...

got two riding lawn mowers loaded into the trailer. and a coupla truck hoods, and two turbo 350 transmissions. and some other small stuff I had piled up...

should weigh nearly a grand.

gas money...

and I had just a smidgen of daylight left so I trimmed all the trees and bushes out in the front yard by the road.

hafta pick it all up tomorrow when I return with an empty trailer...

tard. and hungry. gonna rustle up some grub. I put soup off until tomorrow. I had help and got a buncha work done that required a second set of hands.

he's a good dude. my only real friend from the crappy little town I live on the outskirts of now...

(besides D. my kitchen helper person of course. and her two doggies)
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 08:48 pm
I think Ima go into smoky's and find the royals game on tv.

the truck is pointed toward the road, and all my chores are done.

I'm gonna go watch some opening day action.

whodathunkit...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 09:25 pm
best laid plans and all that...

blacked out in my area.

oh well. stat-tracker it is...

done outside for tonight. gonna shut down the shop and lock everything down for the evening. then dinner....
JPB

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 08:01 am
@Rockhead,
Are you still keeping a food diary?

If not, ahem....., you should be.

What (and when) did you eat in relation to this black out?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 08:10 am
@JPB,
pssst I think it was the baseball game that was blacked out

but .... and it's my big but (I checked this morning)

food diarying is vital
farmerman

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 08:13 am
@ehBeth,
the reason food diarying is vital IS?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 09:16 am
@ehBeth,
ah... you're probably right.

FM, rockhead is trying to link dietary sensitivities to his other symptoms (including blacking out on occasion). He's identified two sources (gluten and dairy), but he still has episodes where his body has other ideas than what his brain intends. If these episodes can be traced back to addition foods that he can eliminate then he can make different choices, or at least understand what's going to hit him later if he goes ahead and consumes something that he's sensitive to.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 10:02 am
@JPB,
royals were blacked out.

I was just sick in the middle of the night.

need more fiber. my steamer broke it's lid. REALLY need to find anothr one that will fit it...

overslept. gotta run to be done by noon. got less than an hour.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 11:29 am
urf...

back home.

made it to the crusher (verra swampy mudhole today) and the bank (sorry about the muddy footprints) and now I have run money for the weekend.

gonna change and shower and start over. (I threw jeans on over my jams and flew out the door. (I was 'posed to wake up at ten, not ten after 11...)

havin' my mornin' cuppa and restart the day proper like...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 06:24 pm
this feels like 2 days in one...

took the crispy kid to see smoky. snuck him a cookie...

went to house depot and got two bags of vinyl patch for mr vw's waterfall. we patched the pond last year, this year he wants to go across into the bottm pond and seal up the feature in between. waiting for a 3 day rain free window for now. prolly when I'm gone to Nashville...

think Ima grill some salmon tonight. and pick up all the limbs I cut last night at dusk.

needa find my second wind...

(Oh, and we're beating the Ticos 14-1 right now. it says 13, but we laid down two holds today that haven't showed up yet)
mismi

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 08:07 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
(Oh, and we're beating the Ticos 14-1 right now. it says 13, but we laid down two holds today that haven't showed up yet)

HA....that is excellent news.

In little league baseball - twinks won their games 13-1 then 16-7....poor G-baby lost his by a point again. Totally the umps stinky call.

Made mama mad.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 08:08 pm
@mismi,
did mad mama have any choice words for said bad ump?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 04:22:02