Random thoughts from the moose cave.

Rockhead

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 07:26 pm
@mismi,
he was sleeping when I got there. I didn't have the heart to wake him. he looked exhausted...

his nurse said they took him today for PT. hmmmmm.

she will tell him I was there...

worked on my finances today. and stopped to buy some real food. got some goat yogurt to try. if I hate it, there is no reason to get a milking goat...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 07:38 pm
Good morning, Rocky.
Wishing you a more peaceful time of it, for a while at least.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 07:48 pm
@msolga,
I bought a ready to go chicken at wally's. got a tater in the oven and some baked beans bubbling. I will eat earlier than I have been, and then I am just gonna go play in the shop.

I stopped at mr vw's as I came home. (I dropped the dolly there while I ran in to the hospital to check on smoky. parking with a trailer on won't happen, my truck is about all you would want to try and maneuver inside the parking garage.) he was puzzling over how to put the taillights he bought onto a baja he is fixing. I brought them home, and will bring him brackets in the morning (about noon prolly) he woulda spent half a day, and his woulda been butt ugly.

I might spend a half hour on them, most of that hunting for stuff I want to use in fabricating them. and I'm slowly finding a place for everything that Ima need to finish off the vert, and making my environment a happy place to toil...
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 08:12 pm
@Rockhead,
you legal to drive at night yet?
Rockhead

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 08:21 pm
@ehBeth,
no, but...

while I was at the crusher, I grabbed the hoppy harness off'n my old truck. tomorrow I will have all rear facing lights functional even if I have to rewire them...

I gotta be able to go nights soon.

blue man group saturday, and miranda lambert the next one.

and then Tom Petty. Ima work real hard to get a show job for that one, so I can watch it and work. we'll see...
Rockhead

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 08:22 pm
@ehBeth,
I cruised in just before sundown tonight. and I got cat food...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 08:28 pm
@Rockhead,
that's all right news all round eh
Rockhead

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 08:31 pm
@ehBeth,
at 5 am on the day smoky got hurt, I stood outside the cabin and felt in control of my own destiny before crashing hard.

now I just have to be that much better at the game for a bit...

I think he's gonna be ok for now. we'll know more later this week...
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 08:43 pm
@Rockhead,
http://2guysreadinggibbon.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/keep-on-trucking1.jpg

one foot after another
Rockhead

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 08:48 pm
@ehBeth,
funny you should mention that.

I am negotiating to own a roll-back wrecker. we'll see if my offer is accepted...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 09:34 pm
Thought you might find this NY Times article amusing. They even mention the breed of hens you are purchasing.

Straight From the Home Coop

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/04/dining/hatching-your-own-batch-of-eggs.html?_r=1&smid=fb-nytimes

Rockhead

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 12:05 am
@Butrflynet,
chickenses are on the back burner until June. they will arrive sometime between the 2nd and the 5th...

done in the workshop for tonight. dug around in the scrap pile (as much iron as I crush, I save anything that might make something else later) and found some pieces that would allow me to make a pair of identically cool brackets. they look very vw-like.

little smiley faces even...

he will be pleased. I sprayed them flat black and hung them to dry. it's starting to thunder and rain. gonna hafta set an alarm to dump buckets, I think.

tard...
Rockhead

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 07:40 pm
what a difference a month makes...

gonna let the rain quit, then Ima get the little junk K series station wagon outta the weeds by the horse barn. I moved it from behind the cabin when I first arrived. the pond lies where it used to be. anyways, enough reminiscing, it's gonna get crushed next Monday.

and then in between Saturday stage jobs, I will fly to Nashville and pickup a truck and trailer with a car in it. and return to Kansas to be paid.

I may make more this fortnight than I did all of last year...

it feels good to be me again.

I got mr vw's taillights all set, and put him on the path to wiring them. and built him a tag light / bracket to make it all legal and clean. if he gets stuck, I will stop by tomorrow and wire it. he's trying not to have to pay me. the girl that owns it is very flaky and tightfisted...

I've had enough rain, it can leave any time now.

my sis is coming to visit this weekend. and do my taxes. and borrow $200.

It's crazy how she knows just when I might have some extra dough.

scary even...
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 08:13 pm
@Rockhead,
Ive been recycling any old copper from the farm (old lightning rods and ground cables were stored in the back of the haymow in a locked tack room. I found some 3" schedule 120 copper pipe that someone had used to make washlines. I also found several hundred pounds of bashed up copper gutters and downspouts. I did a uick weighing on the grain scale and all my copper came out to 423 pounds. ast time I checked copper was bringing like 2.75 a pound.

Its worth checking out the metal recyclers . I wunder if pennies are worth more as scrap or as a penny? Im not sure a penny is even pure copper anymore.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 08:31 pm
@farmerman,
clean copper is over $4 a pound here, last I looked.

definitely worth cleaning first. (removing all other metals and chunks o' crud)

I don't get a lot, but there is a small pile north of the shop. I get more brass than copper. but I don't work it. just whoever calls.

I am having signs made to put on my truck saying I buy junk cars for cash.

one call that pays off covers the signs with room to spare. might as well make all the miles I drive pay for something. advertising is expensive...

I believe I saw where pennies are worth 3+ cents as copper. (I save all mine. everything else gets turned into paper once a month or as needed in emergencies)
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 08:34 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I wunder if pennies are worth more as scrap or as a penny? Im not sure a penny is even pure copper anymore.

When it was announced the Canadian penny would be scraped, I read a lot of articles. One of them said one of the reasons the American penny wont be eliminated anytime soon is because of the zinc lobby. Since 1982, the US penny is mostly zinc with copper plating, but there are some that are mostly copper. This is how you tell the difference.The predominantly copper coins produce a higher-pitched ringing sound, while the zinc coins make a lower-pitched "clunk"
Rockhead

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 08:38 pm
@Ceili,
I believe pre 1970 pennies are the ones with more copper. I never bothered to look.

I just figure that the longer I have a hoard of them, the more they will be worth as metals.

they go into old JD half-gallon bottles. have for years...
Ceili

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 08:40 pm
@Rockhead,
With thanks to wiki on the ching and thunk stuff.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 08:42 pm
I gotta figger out what's for dinner.

I was kinda looking through smoky's fridge for stuff that might need used before he returns. (most of it I will prolly take over to Al, my little mower dude) I can't eat mosta what smoky does. lotsaa beef.

anyways, I had kinda jad my eye on some barbeque pork in there, but I looked at the date...

it expired about this time last year.

SO.

Ima go through and clean out all of his old food. in the cupboards as well.

but I will do it Monday so that it doesn't stink at me all week...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 09:00 pm
@Rockhead,
you're always good for an earworm

Very Happy

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 06:35:26