Random thoughts from the moose cave.

mismi

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 01:10 pm
@Rockhead,
Well....that's the thing...it's here when you need it gone...and it's not when you need it.

Murphy's Law right?

Razz
Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 01:10 pm
@mismi,
Murphy is my middle name...
mismi

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 01:12 pm
@Rockhead,
Alright Eeyore. Wink
Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 01:41 pm
@mismi,
I'll be better when the sun comes out again.

I want to go sailing, but can't...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 01:42 pm
Ima go check on smoky, and decide what I am doing aboot dinner...

back later.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 02:24 pm
we have a brief patch of sunshine and the birds are singing. but it is butt ugly looking to the north.

this whole weather pattern is kinda eerie. glad it's been cool for a coupla days.

on the radar it looks like a hurricane, but it is rotating backwards.

if it stays in the current pattern, a cell that is hitting Tulsa will come in from the east later and pound us one last time before it all breaks and we have spring again for a week or so...

I opened the screen for stinky, but I am watching for his tail to be gone. last time he sneaked outdoors, so I've not opened it up for a while.

feels weird with the stove rocking and the screen open, but there is not a stitch of wind.

very spooky...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 04:38 pm
crap.

I forgot to call and get my internet bill extended.

now I gotta run over to the bank and deposit money before 6.

gonna go wash my hair now.

back later...

(screen is closed, I caught him mid breakout this time. he sheepishly came back in)
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 05:50 pm
back. now I gotta remember before midnight to go to their site and pay...

gonna garden till it gets dark or stormy again. it's calm and peacefully sunny out just yet. but big clouds on the horizon.

got lotsa landscape timbers to decide where they go. starting with the grape arbor...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:31 pm
ok...

laid out beds under the grape arbor edges for my herb garden. expanded the existing garden next to the cabin a little while we were laying timbers.

gonna use the remaining logs to build a windbreak at the south end of the pond. I should have amaranth come up in force just this side of it...

my peppermint cane is sending out shoots. and my vinca has spread. gonna hafta move some of it where I want it...

I think we are gonna have lotsa cool stuff come back this season.

thinking real hard about putting out some of my houseplants. we'll see how much it warms back up this weekend. I hate to carry them around a lot. they average 40 pounds...
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 08:01 pm
@Rockhead,
I built a "creeper" out of hunks of plywood glued together into a "layer cake" and fit em with wheels from a beat up creeper I got at a garage sale for 2 bcks. Its a big baby so I can load lots of huge pots of plants and roll em around all over the place.

I planted many herbs like rosemary, thyme,a nd tarragon in these hge pots and theyve lived for several years even in last years harsh winter (I moved em inside a barn and facing S windows. They really did well this winter case it was so damn warm around here.
I coulda grown artichokes last year and they would have made it to the second year dammit.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 08:09 pm
@farmerman,
I gotta little dump trailer that hooks behind the mower so smoky can haul **** around the yard.

I use it when something really needs to be done...

Ima be so sad if we get a freeze. everything is budding up now.

he came home with some asparagii for me to plant.

he's excited this year too. especially aboot the chickens...
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 08:12 pm
@Rockhead,
are you talking abot yourself in the third person? That is creepin me out Rocks.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 08:13 pm
@farmerman,
nope.

talking about smoky.

he's 81, and owns the farm I live on...

don't lets start the creepy **** again, eh?
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 08:18 pm
@Rockhead,
ok, I thought smoky was the name of your tractor (sorry but many times when we rite stuff, the readers dont always read it the same way we rote it)
Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 08:20 pm
@farmerman,
gotcha.

smoky never threw anything away in his whole life.

so there is 3 or 4 of everything around here, you just gotta find the one that still works...
farmerman

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 04:19 am
@Rockhead,
I have a bunch of rdeios ot in my studio like that. Why the hyell do I keep radios when I know that I wont ever fix em.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 11:47 am
@farmerman,
started looking around for a donkey.

lotsa miniatures for sale. scary high. starting at a grand. for a 32 inch high jackass. nope...

found a 2 yr old Jack with a s'posedly mild temperament for $100 up toward Nebraska. calling him now...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 12:07 pm
I also found a beautiful dappled stallion 15 hands, for $300.

I had to close the page and walk on. I'm not ready for a horse yet. if ever...

somebody here has dartmoor ponies. I may hafta go check them out just on coolness alone. mr vw would get a kick outta a road trip...
farmerman

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 12:43 pm
@Rockhead,
I came damn close to buying a mule once. I have no idea what got into me that day. I wasnt drinking anymore so I had no idiots excuse.

I stop by my AMish neighobors farm every few mornings and give some of his mules a carrot or two. They see my car coming and head for the fence to be right up there and be first in line. He has a team of 6 mules and they are smart SOB's and very sassy, but the kids can crawl all around em with no concern
Rockhead

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 06:41 pm
@farmerman,
I'm transplanting like a madman until it gets dark.

back after a busy day in a while.

got my truck parts and made a final chicken decision...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 02:17:13