My water softener is not using any salt and the water feels hard

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 11:29 am
I recently moved into a house with an EcoWater model # ESD1502R30. Recently I've noticed it's not using any salt at all and my water is feeling hard. There is no water in the area I need to add salt. I was told by someone with a similar softener that a filter needs replaced, but when looking at the diagrams of this softener online I don't show a filter even on this machine. Anyone know what may be wrong with it or what steps I can do to diagnose my problem? I can't afford a repair person-which also means I can not afford to replace it at this time.

Thanks for your help in advanced.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 7,440 • Replies: 1
No top replies

waterboy

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 10:51 am
@garfanatic,
If you can find your manual, I would start with cleaning the nozzle. The nozzle is the most important part of the brining process. If you have no water in the brine (salt) tank then usually the seals are working properly and your nozzle may need cleaning or replaced. If the gasket in the nozzle is red, I would replace it with a black one. The red ones had a problem and cracked and then would not draw brine. If the refill plug in the bottom of the nozzle housing is plugged it will not refill properly and will also not use salt.
0 Replies