transport to kissimmee

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 11:33 pm
Hello there. its my first time ever in the states and I want to attend a dog show in osceola heritage park, 1875 silver spur lane, kissimmee 34744. Im staying in hollywood florida 33020. Whats the best economic safest way to reach there in the morning and be back around 6pm/ I dont drive and dont have a car Smile
what do you advice? hire a taxi, or get into a plane...etc?
many thanx
moudi
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,871 • Replies: 2

jespah

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 05:05 am
According to Yahoo Maps, to drive that distance would take over 3 hours. I suggest you get a small flight (we tend to call them puddle jumpers) to Miami, and then take a cab. It will still be a 30 minute or so drive (by cab) but it'll be a lot faster and, I suspect (but have not confirmed), a lot cheaper.

Here are some flights: http://www.cheapflights.com/flights-to-kissimmee/miami-intl/

Check with a local cab company or two for how much it would cost, just for a basis of comparison. Here's a Kissimmee taxi company: http://www.maingatetaxi.com/ You'll have to click Contact Us and type your question. I don't know how good they are about responding, so Google Kissimmee taxi and ask at a few places, to be sure.
0 Replies

Edward Leigh

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 12:32 am
@drmoudi76,
Hello Friends,

Public buses in the Greater Orlando area (including Kissimmee) are operated by the city under the "LYNX" branding. There are many interlocking routes and the system is designed around the need to change buses to reach a given destination. Most LYNX bus stops are signed with an iconic bus symbol and/or an animal paw-print. On parts of US192 there are "stations" (named locations) which are used by LYNX buses.
The main thing to note about regular buses (LYNX) in Kissimmee is that, for the most part, they are confined to the strip known variously as US192, SR530, West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Vine Street, or Space Coast Parkway (all are alternative names for exactly the same road). So, availability of public buses to/from Kissimmee will depend entirely on how close your origin or destination is to this route. Aside from a minor deviation to the edge of "Celebration", there are few useful bus routes to the south of US192 and only certain routes to the immediate north. It's also perhaps worth noting that most villa complexes in Kissimmee are not in easy walking distance of the bus routes.

Thanks And Regards,
Edward Leigh
0 Replies