The a2k Confession Thread. Free Absolutions! No Indulgence's Necessary!

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 03:55 pm
Did you flub anything today or this week? Confess them here.

Quote:
flub   [fluhb] verb,flubbed, flub·bing, noun
"verb (used with object), verb (used without object)
1. to perform poorly; blunder; bungle: He flubbed the last shot and lost the match.
"noun
2. a blunder.
Origin:
1920"25, Americanism; orig. uncert.

This afternoon, I went to the NY Bloodcenter to donate a double shot of platelets. I plan on donating platelets every 1 or 2 weeks on Saturdays (my day off).

So I've donated dozens of times before. This time felt different. I think the nurse must have pushed the needle in too far. It felt weirdly tight when I squeezed my fist (something one has to do when the machine is drawing the blood out of the arm). I should have said something but I slightly adjusted my arm an inch ... an inch and a half. That's all ... an inch.

Instead of giving 6.4 units of platelets, we had to inevitably end it 2.1.

I feel like a dork. I know it wasn't all of my fault. But still, I'm neurotic that way.

So? Did you step on a few toes today? Stub your own toe? Broke a priceless Ming Dynasty vase? Send your tax papers in the mail but realized that you forgot the stamps or signed the final document? Confess them here and I'll impose an act of a2k based penance or satisfaction, which may include prayer, self-denial, or works of mercy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 3,615 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 04:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
stepan " I’d like to confess that I married a man who spilled milk, twice, in as many days Razz

okokok. I'll confess my own flubs later.

For now I'll just say ouch! Your poor arm!
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 04:06 pm
@Joeblow,
Sore for a little bit. The nurse kept worrying about a bruise that might form. It seemed a tad too much for an aesthetic concern, so I'm wondering if it's going to be extra sore tomorrow. The area around the needle had swollen up a considerable bit while the needle was improperly in place. I guess I'll live and learn.

I already made another donation appointment in two weeks.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 04:09 pm
@Joeblow,
Joeblow wrote:

stepan " I’d like to confess that I married a man who spilled milk, twice, in as many days Razz

Did he cry over said milk spillage? If he shed a single small tear, then he is absolved of his mortal sin of milk wastage!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 04:10 pm
I just had a week off from school (I'm a teacher and it's February Vacation). I did almost nothing. I visited my parents and went a three hikes with my mother. I came home and did laundry and now I am hanging with my sister's dogs while her family is skiing in VT. Why did I let myself get so incredibly bored?
Irishk

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 04:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm sure I did (flub something)...can't remember right off hand. But now you've made me feel guilty. I haven't donated blood in a long while. It's something I always mean to do and then forget. Ugh. Hate this guilt thing. I have a fairly rare blood type, too, so I'm sure they can always use more of it.
margo

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 05:14 pm
I ate more than I should at a Chinese New Year dinner last night - and my blood sugar level has gone into the stratosphere! Confused
msolga

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:08 pm
I'm certain I have multiple confessions to make & reasons for guilt. Let me think for a bit. Be back later.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:11 pm
@littlek,
You're penitence, Little K, is go to the movies on your next day off.
Treat yourself to Jeff Bridges and Crazy Heart (I need a little insider information to see if it's worth seeing in the theaters).

Or Up in the Air or Fantastic Mr. Fox!

If you go and see either Avatar, Dear John, Valentine's Day, or Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, you will be going to hell for eternity. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:17 pm
@margo,
Quote:
I ate more than I should at a Chinese New Year dinner last night

I'm not sure if gluttony is a direct to hell sin in the church of a2k. You're suffering enough with indigestion I bet.

If you truly learned your lesson on needed moderation (you will only find out this level of understanding the next time you are at the overflowing buffet table of Chinese food), then you are absolved. Go forth and take a couple of Tums antacids. Maybe eat some plain celery instead of your usual snack or timely meal later on if you get the munchies. Smile
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:20 pm
@Irishk,
Donating blood is a good and useful sacrifice. And if you feeling spirited drink an entire bottle of Tabasco sauce to spice up your donation.
JTT

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
Congrats on the new job!
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 06:22 pm
@JTT,
Thanks JTT. Smile
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 04:34 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

I ate more than I should at a Chinese New Year dinner last night - and my blood
sugar level has gone into the stratosphere! Confused

Me too. But everything was sooooooo good.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 10:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm skiving off on the computer at work when I should be working.

= 8 >- (
roger

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm back to doing that. You were my inspiration, by the way, and it doesn't cost a thing.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 11:54 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Quote:
I ate more than I should at a Chinese New Year dinner last night

I'm not sure if gluttony is a direct to hell sin in the church of a2k. You're suffering enough with indigestion I bet.

If you truly learned your lesson on needed moderation (you will only find out this level of understanding the next time you are at the overflowing buffet table of Chinese food), then you are absolved. Go forth and take a couple of Tums antacids. Maybe eat some plain celery instead of your usual snack or timely meal later on if you get the munchies. Smile

Well, thank you, sir!

And I probably shouldn't have had those two Tim-tams after lunch today! Embarrassed
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 04:38 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I'm skiving off on the computer at work when I should be working.

= 8 >- (

A wandering mind is only mother nature's way of saying you need a career change or Ritalin. Wink Lay off the caffeine for a day or two. If you still feel restless, take a walkabout on your next day off. Take plenty of water with you! Very Happy
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 01:28 pm
I confess I am an abosolute ideeeeeot!

http://jaynemccoysblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/386410abusinessman-sitting-in-corner-with-dunce-hat-posters1.jpg

I just realized I may have lost my bloody paycheck I got on Thursday. The ironic thing (probably not irony) was I also tried to apply for direct deposit.

Does anyone know how to get a invalid check if one doesn't have paper checks with ones checking accounts?
dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 02:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
I hope you haven't!!!!!

Fingers crossed.

I can't understand your question.

If you get paid by cheque, and you HAVE lost it, payroll ought to be able to stop the cheque, and issue you another.