Which style of game do you prefer?

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:08 am
I must be "out of the loop" on this one. My idea of a video game is "Easybridge". When I first got my computer, I had a program where you could play old time pinball machines. When I reformatted my hard drive, I forgot to put it in, and I haven't missed it!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:13 am
You guys are out of my league. I've beaten many a Zelda game and I'm the Tetrus champeen. Now no one can beat me at Bust-a-Move. This game's so old I had to find in on eBay. But that's the extent of my video/computer game knowledge.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:35 am
But it's e-ville Alice and that's no dragon, it's the e-ville Cheshire Cat. http://www.alice.ea.com/main.html
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 04:55 pm
aaahhhhhhaaaaahaaaaahaahaahaa . . . Plop! ! ![/size]

oh hell, i think my ass just fell off . . .

that's a truly sick place, Shug, thanks . . .
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 06:19 pm
You're not alone Phoenix.

I can't work up ANY interest at all in video games.

The last one I played was pac-man, back in the days when the game was hooked up to the tv and used it as a monitor.

If I hadn't had an adolescent in the house (she's now 27) I probably wouldn't even have played pac-man those few times.

Lot's of people apparently spend lot's of time on video games I guess. ( doing that doesn't make you a bad person though! :wink: )
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 06:41 pm
You're not alone Phoenix.

I can't work up ANY interest at all in video games.

The last one I played was pac-man, back in the days when the game was hooked up to the tv and used it as a monitor.

If I hadn't had an adolescent in the house (she's now 27) I probably wouldn't even have played pac-man those few times.

Lot's of people apparently spend lot's of time on video games I guess. ( doing that doesn't make you a bad person though )
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 06:46 pm
Oops! how did that happen? ...I'm getting redundant.

Oops! how did that happen? ...I'm getting redundant.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:28 pm
My favorite on line game is bridge. I play at both MSN and Yahoo. But card games were not on the list.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:30 pm
Oops I forgot the first video games I played were in Japan in 71-72, at the local pacinko parlours. They were great fun. Now I can vote.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:33 pm
Yep.....Unless my son is here, I'm WAY out of the loop! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Beedlesquoink

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2003 04:38 am
Hi Jespah... when it comes to computer games I play on my PC, not a console. I don't care all that much for action games, unless they have a great sense of humor. For the most part I enjoy strategy games, both real time strategy games like Warcraft, Age of Mythology and that sort of thing, and building simulations like Civilization, Sim City and the Impressions Series (Caeser, Poseidon, Zeus)... I also occasionally load up a flight simulator. Because I have developed some connections in the industry I have far too many games on my shelves...

In truth I no longer have the time or the eye sight for them, but once I was pretty heavy into them. My best Sim City had a population of 10 million, and I completed Civilization on the hardest level, beginning in the impossible position of England.

I've written a couple of text adventure games (there's a genre that doesn't much exist any more) that were published and distributed in the early 90's to some success. They were Apprentice and TimeSquared, written with the AGT text adventure editor. Both owon prizes and had surprisingly large fan bases in Europe and South Africa. I still occasionally get emails from people asking for solutions to one puzzle or another.

Incidentally, I like the feeling of a2K.

See yah round!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2003 05:31 am
Mwah, 'squoink! Welcome! :-D
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2003 02:32 pm
ahhhhh the squoink has landed! yippee!

even though i do well when i try RPG type games, i don't really have the tolerance for them anymore. i like something fast and zappy more these days - preferably something online with lots of sound effects. It's a bit of a battle with Setanta - i like Clickomania with full sound effects - he likes the sound turned off. Different strokes, dude.

i'm looking forward to trying out some of those text-based ones.
0 Replies

cold storage

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 01:27 pm
There's altogether too many First Person Shooters nowadays. Every second title.
0 Replies

Hannibal

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2004 08:11 pm
I enjoy a good shooting and adventure game. A sci-fi is good. I love a bit of Horror in every game. But I don't like Zombie games. My favorite game is Alien VS. Predator.
0 Replies

Devil might cry

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 07:31 pm
how about some sports game? such as PES3 and FIFA 2004?
0 Replies

Sententia

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2004 03:28 am
I'm sad that you didn't list RPG as a choice in the poll, so I had to choose Puzzle. I sometimes like strategy, but if it requires me to use too much brainpower, I stop playing right then and there, forever. I love Final Fantasy. Even those really old ones that have bad graphics and look all pixelly. Oh yeah, I love tetris, too. But it's great if you play multiplayer tetris. Too bad that site had to take it off! I was so angry that I boycotted tetris until today when I saw a mini tetris game in Waggery. I seem to be a bit rusty at it now... I also like to play Rollercoaster Tycoon since I get to design all those rollercoasters. But the thing that makes me mad is that 90% of the time, the visitors think that my ride is too scary. But once, I made this really great one that I titled the "Vomit Ship." All the riders barfed right after getting off, so I had to place 15 cleaners in that area. Sometimes, my little brother would come in the room when I'm away from the game for a while and drown the entertainers, workers, and customers. I miss it now that I wrote about it...but I'm too lazy to reinstall it. Oh, I just remembered. I LOVE the Sims. Once, I played it so much that I saw it even when I wasn't playing. When I ate, I always thought about my hunger bar filling up. When I was really tired, I saw my comfort and energy bar go down. When my room was messy, I felt my room go down. And yes, I've felt my bladder level go up, too, so I ran to the bathroom.

Hmm...games don't seem like such a good thing anymore. Good thing I've learned to abstain from playing so much now. But there's a Monopoly competition coming up at my public library in August, so I need to hone my luck and skills some more before I go and compete.
0 Replies

IAN442

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 07:18 pm
Scrolling old school shooter games...

RAIDEN is my favorite as well as Aero Fighters.

what a way to kick some ass and test the hand eye coordination.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 06:50 am
fps all the way

domm 3
half life 2
bring em on
0 Replies

tear jerked punk

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2004 07:27 pm
I'd have to say that some of my favorite games that I failed to see mentioned were Diablo II or even Dark alliance 2. I remember growing up with always a video game to play. I think I have played almost every system but I know a few I havent. Thank god! The Virtual Boy, which is supposed to give you brain cancer, and though I have played it I still hate it "xbox" its soo bad I hate micrsoft for making it. Rpg is my video game style. One rpg I played only a demo of was by far better then any other a game called "XenoGears" it was the most action packed rpg ever. I recommend it to all ps1 fans or any rpg lovers
0 Replies