Which style of game do you prefer?

jespah

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2002 10:47 am
Some people prefer working out puzzles (like in Myst). Others like shoot-'em-ups (like Castle Wolfenstein or Doom). Still others like the old-style arcade games (like pretty much anything with 'Super Mario' in the title). Others prefer simulations and control (like the Sims). Which is your favorite type?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,854 • Replies: 56
No top replies

dan-E

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2002 05:33 pm
I like both

simulation and control. My favorite simulations are aircraft simulations and control real time

simulation games like Red Alert, War Craft, Age of Empires ecetra.
0 Replies

Pharon

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2002 08:18 pm
I dont know FPS gets

boring But control is my best
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2002 06:28 pm
I have two experts

in my company tonight.....Two teenage boys.....

Both are adamant that PlayStation is best ~ better games and better

graphics.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2002 12:22 pm
I just got Nintendo Game Cube on Friday.
I had a really tough time deciding what to get, but since my dad likes "Mario" games, I chose nintendo.

Can I just say that I feel SOOO OLD trying to play this! Laughing

I know that I'll figure it out, given time, but the last system I played was Super Nintendo,...JEEEZO, things have changed!!

First minute of my first try,..the hand controller started to vibrate, and I dropped it cause it scared me. Laughing

Will update as I get used to it!!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2002 07:10 pm
Scared you Jerry?

roflmao..... Laughing
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 08:32 pm
Yeah Rae,..it did scare me Laughing

Yesterday, I had an unexpected "early recess" from work,..so I stopped at Toys 'r' Us, and bought a new game.

I got "Godzilla, Destroy all Monsters",...
It's HYSTERICAL!!! Laughing
You get to be Godzilla, stomp on all these cities, and fight other monsters,
when I accidentally hit the wrong button I found myself picking up the monster I was fighting and doing an "airplane spin", then threw him to the ground,...I almost wet my pants, I was laughing so hard!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 10:05 am
JerryR - you just couldn't help yourself, could you?! Hope you didn't go back and buy it from the really unhelpful sales guy.

G as in.....GODZILLA!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 03:11 pm
Hiya Sug!

I can never help myself,..you should know that by now!! Laughing

Me+money+little hangover=me, no money and more crap Laughing
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 03:12 pm
Yep,...

G,...as in Godzilla,....that's one of the reasons I bought it!!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 01:20 am
I still like to sit around and play Bust-a-Move 99. I know it's old fashioned but I really love the feeling of busting those balloons. But I have observed that my kids love to play the old fashioned ones too.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 06:25 pm
Have you beat the game yet, Jerry?

I will humbly admit.....I miss my Atari game. The tennis match. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 10:01 pm
I have a super nintendo and a nintendo 64. My son has platstation and I think I like his better because of the better graphics, but I wish they had more of a selection of games that I like. I like games like fishing, tennis, baseball, game shows and even the little kids games, lol.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 06:47 am
You don't list RPG's and strategic games, the only two varieties i play--whether nintendo or pc . . . sheesh, darn ol' girls . . .
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 07:44 am
Complain, complain, complain....darn ol' boys.....

Check out the PC game 'The Longest Journey'. They sell it on Amazon so check it out for a description. Beautiful graphics, neat puzzles, very different feel as it's originally a European game.

Also have all 3 Mysts. Played the first two, but didn't really get into the third. I just started struggling with what the heck I was supposed to be doing and put it away for a while.

The only action game I have is 'Alice' (my avatar as well) that the boy bought me last Christmas. It's a shoot-em-up, but the graphics are unbelievable and, well, I just can't resist 'Alice'! I still haven't finished it though. It's on my old computer and I've been too lazy to transfer anything.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:01 am
I have The Longest Journey but this PC just isn't good for it (not enough free space once I installed it - had to uninstall it in order to be able to do anything here).

Someday, we'll get a new PC.

Someday....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:08 am
I'm not familiar with "The Longest Journey" . . . i'm assuming you mean an RPG. I did a couple of the "Shining Force" games on Sega, but you can't find them any more, and i gave my Sega away. I do Baldur's Gate/Tales of the Sword Coast, Icewind Dale/Heart of Winter, and have BGHII & IWDII as well. I've also gotten an unofficial expansion for IWD/HOW--Trials of the Lure Master, which is a nightmare--very difficult. I recently got an unofficial expansion for BGII, but haven't loaded it and looked at it yet. BTW, Sugar, that ain't no avatar of Alice, with a 15" carving knife and a baby dragon--LMAO--that's obviously Wednesday Addams . . .
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:51 am
I like RPG and strategy games too, Setanta.

I rented the first Baldur's Gate and loved it - but then I had to return it before I finished. I keep watching it to turn up in the "used" section of the game store but no luck yet.

I'm going to keep my eyes out for the other titles you mentioned too now. Thanks!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 10:57 am
Interplay is now marketing Baldur's Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast together as "Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga." I'm sad to say, from your point of view, that it remains very popular. You are unlikely to find it on a sale table anywhere, not at present, at any event.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:04 am
I'm still working my way through many old titles and, since I don't get much time to play by the time I get around to it, it will probably be cheap.

Right now I'm playing an old one that is a little bit like Baldur's Gate - Warriors of Might and Magic.

Somehow I just can't bring myself to spring $50 for a game....
0 Replies